ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara News & Updates.

This is a thread to discuss Cade McNamara, as the title indicates.

Please take your thoughts/comments to one of many regarding the displeasures of our current OC.

Since you are only a month and 4 days established as a GIA poster, I'd recommend utilizing the "search" function at the top of your screen so this thread can get back on topic.

Thank you.

Any way, it is 2 weeks from kick off and it looks like Cade will be starting.

and it will be interesting to see the OL that he lines up behind.

From this video from yesterday, this appears to be the starting OL unit:

LT.....assuming Mason Richman
LG....#60...........Rusty Feth
C......#65............Logan Jones
RG...#77.............Connor Colby
RT....#67.............Gennings Dunker

Is Brian the only one who recruits and coaches offensive players? An honest answer would be nice. Look I've said numerous times it would have been, (and still would be), the best thing for everyone involved, including Brian, if he had moved on to coach elsewhere. Still this constant piling on crap, (and still weeks before we play), really is old. If you step back and look at it honestly, he did have some success as the OC. Then the last couple of years were a shit storm of everything that could go wrong did in regards to players leaving early, injuries, and guys who just didn't work out. How would he or Kirk know that Miller, Davidkov, and Britt, (all highly regarded prospects), would not pan out do to injuries, and what ever mental issue that Miller had, and never perform at the spots they were recruited for. We lose Ince, Wirfs and Lindy leave early. How exactly is that on Brian? Then we started last year with Breght, Vines, and Ragini out and Jones leaves when its too late to do anything about it. Those injuries are on Brian as well evidently. Just saying, maybe step back, and look at things in some context, instead of taking the easy low hanging fruit and making all of the issues on one guy who really had very little control on many of these issues.
It's a perfect storm. If, and only if, Cade is healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
Is the scrotum considered soft tissue?
2ae02cb2-2ca6-4304-be68-63f823c9d0e3_text.gif

I am disappointed that Labas hasn't made "the jump."

Right now:

QB2 Deacon Hill
QB3 Joe Labas

Labas has been out with an injury. If he comes back healthy, I think he will move up to 2

When I said I was disappointed that Labas had not made "the jump:"

(1) This is Joe's third year in the program.

(2) Over 3 years ago, on June 24, 2020, there was an article discussing how Iowa QB coach Ken O’Keefe called on Ricky Stanzi to get his thoughts on 2021 QB Joey Labas.

“The first thing I saw was his quick release,” Stanzi said. “When I see a quick release, those are hard to come by, and it’s really hard to teach. When I saw it’s already there, I’m like, ‘This is beautiful.’”

“I signed off on (Labas) right away. I think he’s got that moxie. It’s sort of hard to put in a stat. But he has the ability to make a play, stretch the field, and get rid of the ball quick. He’s got that athletic ability that allows him to improvise. The highlights I saw, I really liked.”

LINK TO THAT ARTICLE:
https://www.si.com/college/iowa/football/stanzi-labas-062420

(3) he started the bowl game vs Kentucky and was 14/24 (58%) for 139 yds 1 TD, 0 INT

(4) based on what the coaches had seen, we had to look in the transfer portal to find our QB1 for this season

(5) KF says Joe is QB2 but Hill is getting all the QB2 reps in practice and would be the one playing if Cade couldn't go. Will Joe ascend to the true QB2 and be Cade's backup? Maybe, hopefully, but right now a guy in his first year in the program is ahead of Joe in the true pecking order.

(6) This season might be it for Cade at Iowa. Will Joe be ready to start and lead this program next season? Hopefully. It will be his 4th year in the program. It's time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the injury Labas has and a return timeline??

Good question.

The Labas injury goes back to sometime last month.

Ferentz also updated the status of Iowa’s backup quarterbacks. If McNamara is injured, it appears the Hawkeyes would turn to Wisconsin transfer Deacon Hill.

“Yeah, I’m going to make that one easy for you. (Joe) Labas has been out. He had a soft tissue injury back in July. So hopefully we’ll get him back on the field right now, but it’s clearly one [McNamara], two [Hill], and then after that, hang on. That’s kind of where it’s at.

“The good news is Deacon is getting a lot of good work. The bad news is Joe hasn’t been able to compete. So hopefully we’ll get him back on the field here soon,” Ferentz said.

• Haha
Looks like Feth couldn't block Black there. Appears to be a run for negative yards.

Tired of seeing those lately.

If I had to guess, we lead the nation in negative yard rushing attempts.
Don’t worry, BriBucks has 12 days to coach’em up!!

Shit, that was my one fear on this. Dumb ass rule to be suspended for the year for putting 20 bucks on the Iowa women’s basketball team or the like. To treat it the same as if you’re betting on your own actual team is just beyond stupid.

Agreed. Pretty harsh penalty. So far, the number of bets he placed and total dollars wagered has not been released

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT