ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese got everyone watching. Better buckle up.

Belem seeing women show emotion during a basketball game

Oh My God Omg GIF
Actually I'm fine with it. It was this board that had issue last year. I've just been trying to find out when it's ok and when it's not.

If you weren’t referring to “this board” when you wrote “Sure, but last year I was told that made her a 'thug'” then what were you referring to? Who specifically told you that Reese was a thug for taunting Clark?
You want me to remember names from a thread a year ago that has since been deleted?
Yeah, pass.

I actually didn't watch the game. Wife was watching the Red's game.
Although I did see the terrible call for Reese's 5th foul during a commercial break.
That call was pretty questionable. But the officiating in general was much better and the game was already out of reach when Reese fouled out.

That call was pretty questionable. But the officiating in general was much better and the game was already out of reach when Reese fouled out.
I was ready to be impressed. Then came the 'but'.

It's sort of like the horrific illegal fair catch call against DeJean. You know it when you see it, and Angel was way out of line last year. Gabby was a nice little understated motion. Much different.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I think it's a fair argument that this Iowa team doesn't make the NCAA tournament (or at least past the 1st round) w/o Clark.

They have good players - solid players no doubt, but she makes everyone so much better with her play.

Past WBB stars on the blue-bloods teams have all had much stronger supporting casts. Caitlin has earned the GOAT honor, just because she has taken a team of good players, and made a few of them very good/great supporting players.

I don't think Sue Bird, or Taurasi or Plum or Stiles or Greiner could make this Iowa team into a Final Four team if they were in Caitlin's position. I can't name any past WBB player that I think could.
Pshhht.....Swoopsie would have won the women's AND men's NCAA championships in the same year with this squad's role players. And the NBA championship. And the Super Bowl. And the Intergalactic Universe Cup.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
Belem just trolls Iowa fans into oblivion in Iowa WBBall threads.
All I've done is ask when it's ok to taunt and when it's not.
There seem to be lots of answers but the only thing they have in common is it always seems to be ok when Iowa does it.
Personally I didn't have a problem with any of them. Just tyring to understand the rules.

All I've done is ask when it's ok to taunt and when it's not.
There seem to be lots of answers but the only thing they have in common is it always seems to be ok when Iowa does it.
Personally I didn't have a problem with any of them. Just tyring to understand the rules.
You're not reeling me in, sir.

Actually I'm fine with it. It was this board that had issue last year. I've just been trying to find out when it's ok and when it's not.
Just try to keep up if you're gonna troll. The Gabby (millisecond) wave, was mimicking this wave that just occurred.

The "can't see me" wave was completely different in many ways, which has been discussed in this thread.

Just try to keep up if you're gonna troll. The Gabby (millisecond) wave, was mimicking this wave that just occurred.

The "can't see me" wave was completely different in many ways, which has been discussed in this thread.
And Reese said hers was in response to Clark's. Reese said. “She disrespected [LSU’s] Alexis [Morris] (…) and I wanted to pick her pocket."

So she was defending 'her girls' and Gabby was defending hers.
Still don't see a difference.

So? Once they've established position they can move laterally as long as they're not going directly at the ball carrier. Martin side stepped and Reese clearly lowered the shoulder, initiated contact before even attempting a shot.
side stepped...directly into her

Can you identify what makes them different?
Going out of your way to follow the player around is what makes it different. Had GM followed Reese to the bench area or made her way to the bench area at a time after the game was clinched a waved in front of her, it would be the same.

Reactions: Ree4
lol, yeah that one. The one that had the announcers groaning.
The one that occurred with 1:45 left in the game and Iowa leading by 10. ESPN Analytics Win Probability already had Iowa at 99.9% even before the foul. But, yeah, pretend that it had any effect on the outcome of the game.

I get it, you guys seem to know the game more than coaches or national sportswriters.
That's why I ask you guys for clarification on these issues.
Buddy, you are pushing the rock up against the wrong hill. Take it from me and stop. If Iowa wins it all, this place will be a non stop circle jerk. If Iowa loses, well then it's a referee issue and the results were already baked in. Either way you can't win. Just get out of the kayak, stay dry and watch this joint implode one way or another.
You seem to have a good life. Why go through any consternation here?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Going out of your way to follow the player around is what makes it different. Had GM followed Reese to the bench area or made her way to the bench area at a time after the game was clinched a waved in front of her, it would be the same.
How far did GM follow her? The shot cut off. Did she stop right after the camera moved off them?

The one that occurred with 1:45 left in the game and Iowa leading by 10. ESPN Analytics Win Probability already had Iowa at 99.9% even before the foul. But, yeah, pretend that it had any effect on the outcome of the game.
I don't see where I said it had an effect on the outcome. Do that search thing and quote me.

I actually didn't watch the game. Wife was watching the Red's game.
Although I did see the terrible call for Reese's 5th foul during a commercial break.
The irony of that is two-fold. In the previous round, one of UCLA's best players fouled out on a call that was almost identical. Also, if a foul had been called on the hack that began that sequence, Iowa would have been shooting free throws on the other end and Reese would have still been on the floor.

I don't know if either are "bad" but there is a difference between doing it one time like Gabby did and doing it for a career like Reese.
Oh....I see.
It wasn't about the wave or that it was directed at Clark. It was that she went over the number of incidents.
Where's the page that tracks that so I can keep up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT