ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Caitlin Clark declares for the 2024 WNBA Draft

Okay, BUT will those companies risk pulling away before they see where this goes, and possibly miss out on something really big. I think our group here is 98% guys. I'd also say that most don't have a really good idea just how much women influence sales in this country, or what being the company thats stands behind CC IF she really does "move the needle" for the WNBA would mean in the future.
I doubt any of those companies will pull away. But I'm guessing her contract is incentive based, with the max being contingent on national impressions.

My point through this has ALWAYS and still is, this is a one year thing, as it relates to CC going pro. Posters have said repeatedly that she will LOSE money going pro. But heres the thing as far as THAT decision. After the first year she'd be in the WNBA anyway, so her decision to stay or go is ONLY about next year. SO, what I've tried to get people to understand is that those deals aren't going to go away next year. They just aren't. After that who knows, but she'd be in the league already. The other thing I go back to is her signing with Excel. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that they have BIG plans for CC. You'll see new deals, and new ads from State Farm, Nike, and Gatorade. This will happen. There is NO way a power broker agent signs her, and then won't do everything in their bag to grow her brand. Just wait.....
Not to mention likely picking up a lot of regional sponsorship opportunities in the Indiana market.

I doubt any of those companies will pull away. But I'm guessing her contract is incentive based, with the max being contingent on national impressions.
I'll guarantee you she'll get the max contract the league allows, and THEN there will be incentives......

I'll guarantee you she'll get the max contract the league allows, and THEN there will be incentives......
Correct. She'll get the maximum rookie contract in WNBA. I was actually talking about her endorsement deals, but we're splitting hairs at this point. As I said before, she made the right move by coming out early and I agree with one of your other statements about it was either this year or next anyway, so it doesn't make a lot of difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT