ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark playing with U-19 Team USA

Damn well deserved. How could someone justify not giving the C2 Rocket a roster spot. Whose a better scorer and passer on the roster?

This can only help Lisa recruit even more 4 and 5 star recruits to an already pretty highly team.

Damn well deserved. How could someone justify not giving the C2 Rocket a roster spot. Whose a better scorer and passer on the roster?

This can only help Lisa recruit even more 4 and 5 star recruits to an already pretty highly team.
If she can bring in a 4/5 star PF or C with size to compliment Caitlin that team will be complete.

The pick and roll game would be unguardable.

All of the games are going to be carried live on YouTube. First one is this Saturday at 1:30PM CDT against Italy. (All three pool play games occur in the early afternoon in Iowa, which is a nice change from the Olympics)

All of the games are going to be carried live on YouTube. First one is this Saturday at 1:30PM CDT against Italy. (All three pool play games occur in the early afternoon in Iowa, which is a nice change from the Olympics)

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the info!!

Will be nice to see her play. I just hope the play by play is in English. I tried to follow the warm up game against Spain but it was in Spanish and I'm not fluent so it was very hard to follow the action.

Remind us again near game day

Define "good money"? I can't imagine a female college basketball player is going to make much. Harsh, but the truth.

Take a look at college athletes and their social media/Instagram followers. The Top 10 is dominated by female athletes. Paige Bueckers has close to 1 million followers. Luka Garza? 99k followers. The money is there.

If Clark came out with a cool t-shirt for adults and kids 3 or 4 colors including black and yellow, maybe a Nike swoosh with her likeness. You talking lots of shirts,likely well over 100,000. Call Nike to produce and ask 5 dollars per shirt.

(reposting this from the WBB 2021-2022 thread)
Here's the boxscore for today's U19 game.

USA leads 27-11 after Q1. Minutes being spread quite evenly amongst the whole roster thus far.

Clark, when she's in, seems to be playing the 2, or at least off the ball more than running the point. Quite a contrast from how we're used to seeing her play for us.

(reposting this from the WBB 2021-2022 thread)
Here's the boxscore for today's U19 game.

USA leads 27-11 after Q1. Minutes being spread quite evenly amongst the whole roster thus far.

Clark, when she's in, seems to be playing the 2, or at least off the ball more than running the point. Quite a contrast from how we're used to seeing her play for us.
She seems to be a little out of sync. Her shot is not dropping, and shes maybe pressing a bit?

She seems to be a little out of sync. Her shot is not dropping, and shes maybe pressing a bit?
Not playing well today but also hasn't gotten a lot of minutes or many opportunities to touch the ball. She seems to be forcing her shot and shooting too quickly. Team USA does not seem to play very team oriented when on offense but they are winning because the defense has been spectacular and they've scored on fast breaks. Citron and Betts have scored the most points and both are fantastic players. Notre Dame is getting a fantastic player in Sonia Citron

USA advances and will play Australia tomorrow at 20:00 GMT (4 PM EST/3PM CST). Clark finished with 13 points behind Citron (15) and Spears (14). Team USA had 5 players in double figures.

Hard to believe Clark not starting at point guard.
Clark is much better when she has the ball in her hands reliably. That said, there are other players on this team that have better ball handles and play better defense. Clark is probably the best at passing the ball inside (maybe because she developed that playing with Monica), and when shes on shes a much better at looking for her shot.

I watched most of the game, and only saw a couple of buckets. Did she score a bunch in a short stretch?

Clark is much better when she has the ball in her hands reliably. That said, there are other players on this team that have better ball handles and play better defense. Clark is probably the best at passing the ball inside (maybe because she developed that playing with Monica), and when shes on shes a much better at looking for her shot.
Agreed she has one really nice interior feed where the player was fouled (so no assist). It was a pass only Clark could make. She hit her first three on a post kickout and that seemed to get her more in the flow. She did get into foul trouble, although some of the calls were suspect. There was a Technical in the 3rd that I think was called on Clark. Not sure who it was assessed to as the announcer did not explain and I didn't see anything. Coach Close seemed to laugh it off so I think she thought it was a pretty weak call too. Coach seemed to say don't worry about it. Also was called for a couple of charges that probably would have been blocking fouls in the college game.

Hard to believe Clark not starting at point guard.
I believe Diamond Johnson started at PG with Clark at the 2. Clark played more PG in the 2nd half, at least once the ball crossed half court. Sonia Citron (ND commit) played the majority of minutes at the PG coming off the bench and she is already an elite player. She was the best guard on the court as far as today's game.

I believe Diamond Johnson started at PG with Clark at the 2. Clark played more PG in the 2nd half, at least once the ball crossed half court. Sonia Citron (ND commit) played the majority of minutes at the PG coming off the bench and she is already an elite player. She was the best guard on the court as far as today's game.
Agree with you about everything except that Tehina Pao Pao was the starting PG. Johnson and Citron shared PG duties once they came in. Given the depth at the PG position on this roster, it doesn't surprise me that Coach has Clark, with her height, playing predominantly as a wing / off guard.
Agreed she has one really nice interior feed where the player was fouled (so no assist). It was a pass only Clark could make. She hit her first three on a post kickout and that seemed to get her more in the flow. She did get into foul trouble, although some of the calls were suspect. There was a Technical in the 3rd that I think was called on Clark. Not sure who it was assessed to as the announcer did not explain and I didn't see anything. Coach Close seemed to laugh it off so I think she thought it was a pretty weak call too. Coach seemed to say don't worry about it. Also was called for a couple of charges that probably would have been blocking fouls in the college game.
Agree with all of this. Those third quarter fouls were not visible to the naked eye.

Last edited:
Agree with you about everything except that Tehina Pao Pao was the starting PG. Johnson and Citron shared PG duties once they came in. Given the depth at the PG position on this roster, it doesn't surprise me that Coach has Clark, with her height, playing predominantly as a wing / off guard.

Agree with all of this. Those third quarter fouls were not visible to the naked eye.
Thanks for the correction. I wasn't paying attention to the starting lineup. I just remembered seeing Clark playing the 2. And I'm sure playing a new position also had some effect on the way Clark played today, particularly defensively. Her size is an advantage on the boards but it also can be to her detriment trying to defend the wing against stronger players. She was bull rushed a few times in the first half. She had good position but there wasn't much she could do. She has added muscle since the beginning of last season but she's still very slender and she's going to get pushed around when bigger players with more girth are bodying her up.

Reactions: undersized_post
Not playing well today but also hasn't gotten a lot of minutes or many opportunities to touch the ball. She seems to be forcing her shot and shooting too quickly. Team USA does not seem to play very team oriented when on offense but they are winning because the defense has been spectacular and they've scored on fast breaks. Citron and Betts have scored the most points and both are fantastic players. Notre Dame is getting a fantastic player in Sonia Citron

Not many opportunities to touch the ball yet took 13 shots...no one else took more than 7.

The game time looks like it's been moved up to 1 CST 2EST. Game will be on youtube live

Clark played 8 1/2 minutes in Q1 and tied to lead all scorers with 6 points. also 5 rebounds and 3 assists. Looking fantastic so far

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT