ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Caitlin Clark

Who was quoted as saying it's easier to tame a lion then raise the dead.
There was so much in the article that you could just skim over and not catch. Like how she was frustrated by the trainer who had her legs so big she wouldn't fit into a levi is properly. Many things most of us males or adults would never think of that a young lady had to fight through while fighting g or struggling to be the best.
I sent the article to my two daughters and they were really moved by it. The man is a hell of a writer and I will look for more of his article.
I think that is part of the beauty of Caitlin and a lot of these elite athletes (women or otherwise) - they're learning to seize their destiny ... and then they're doing it. For too long, women have been relegated ... so its terrific to see the nature of potential role-models pivoting.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Did anyone else hear Wright Thompson's narration in your head as you read it, lol? He's got a great voice and he can write a little bit too.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
“ The main object of her scorn was a sophomore named Addison O'Grady, No. 44, who had become a bit of a punching bag. ”
Did you really not think that Caitlin got after her teammates until this article came out?

You ever heard what Kobe and MJ’s teammates have said they were like in practice?

Caitlin is the woman’s game’s version of these players. She makes an above average cast a great team

Did you really not think that Caitlin got after her teammates until this article came out?

You ever heard what Kobe and MJ’s teammates have said they were like in practice?

Caitlin is the woman’s game’s version of these players. She makes an above average cast a great team
Many just don't seem to get that. You don't get a talent of this magnitude EVER, who's going to be Miss goodie two shoes. Its crazy for people to think that someone that talented or visionary doesn't struggle to comprehend why others don't see what she see's. I'll bet the great composers thought their contemporaries were tone deaf idiots.....

I wonder if WBB will ever experience another player with the combination of flair, brashness, confidence, personality, and talent of CC?
Yes. This will definitely happen. Right now there are girls (and boys) watching every move she makes and practicing playing that way. You will see someone with her step back 3 they've been practicing for years. They may not be able to do everything as well as Clark does, but they will certainly try. They might even end up playing for Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT