ADVERTISEMENT

California middle schooler wears eyeblack to game. Gets suspended for wearing blackface.

“Most of them did” so already blaming the kid here I see without the evidence you’re looking for. Makes sense
Are you saying that you don't think that most kids who were suspended deserved it? That's a controversial statement?
I don't know if this kid particular did or not, but you all seem sure based on his parents comments.
You're typically a reasonable poster, perhaps your dislike of me is clouding your judgement.

Read the OP. I know it's hard for you to accept but soon you'll be one of the few fringe % still playing this stupid everything is racist game. All but the real nutjobs are figuring it out.
The OP didn't say any of that, which is why I asked for a link.
So you're just making shit up? Seems about right.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Parody away... the fact is a race obsessed principal, led by a likely race obsessed school board, suspended a 12 year old for smearing eye black on his face at a football game. Would this have happened if the principal wasn't a race obsessed idiot? Of course not. The country is soooo tired of this shit and hopefully more are waking up to how ridiculous its become.
Listened to a story on This American Life this am about a school in TX that sentenced a 13-year-old girl to spend the remainder of her 8th grade year...73 days...at the district alternative school where they send students who are violent or who bring banned items to school or sell drugs or who make "terroristic threats".

Her crime? She overheard a student tell one of his classmates, "Don't come to school tomorrow". She didn't think much of it at first but became more concerned as the day went on. After school she texted friends - as middle-schoolers will - to see if they thought she should be concerned. She decided to tell her mother to see what could be done but before her mother had a chance to call authorities, mom got a call from the school telling her they knew about the story from the other students the girl had texted with. They were going to handle it. Mom was relieved, of course.

The boy was investigated and no threat was found. The girl - an honor student and cheerleader with no previous disciplinary issues - was called into the principal's office the next day and told she was being kicked out of school because the student code of conduct says students can't "make false accusations or perpetrate hoaxes regarding school safety." That the boy admitted he said it didn't matter. That the girl wasn't acting with ANY malice didn't matter. She was out for the rest of the year.

FTR, an actual "terroristic threat" merits 30 days of alternative placement in another district. Also FTR, the admin team at the school was all-white and the student was a 5'7" black girl hoping to get into the same prestigious high school program her brother and sister had attended. Again FTR, the district is 13% black but blacks make up a third of the students at the alternative school and you have to wonder, after hearing this story, how many of them are there for the same kind of bullshit "race obsessed idiot" reasoning.

Lastly FTR, an appeal to the school admin got the alternative placement reduced to 30 days but an appeal to the district was successful. The girl returned to her middle school after missing three weeks (her mother refused to take her to the alternative school). Her record was cleared and she's now a freshman in the prestigious program she wanted. The middle school principal's actions were investigated, she was placed on administrative leave, and eventually resigned.

There is no way to know if what the kid did was race-based with the info available. What we know is he is a follower who puts on eyeblack. We know this because he arrived at the game that he is not playing and puts on eyeblack because his friends had put on eyeblack. Was it a joke, an attempt to lessen the glare while reading their phones, who knows?

With the available information, a suspension is absurd, but he does need a swift kick in the ass for being a follower who would apply eyeblack when not competing.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Listened to a story on This American Life this am about a school in TX that sentenced a 13-year-old girl to spend the remainder of her 8th grade year...73 days...at the district alternative school where they send students who are violent or who bring banned items to school or sell drugs or who make "terroristic threats".

Her crime? She overheard a student tell one of his classmates, "Don't come to school tomorrow". She didn't think much of it at first but became more concerned as the day went on. After school she texted friends - as middle-schoolers will - to see if they thought she should be concerned. She decided to tell her mother to see what could be done but before her mother had a chance to call authorities, mom got a call from the school telling her they knew about the story from the other students the girl had texted with. They were going to handle it. Mom was relieved, of course.

The boy was investigated and no threat was found. The girl - an honor student and cheerleader with no previous disciplinary issues - was called into the principal's office the next day and told she was being kicked out of school because the student code of conduct says students can't "make false accusations or perpetrate hoaxes regarding school safety." That the boy admitted he said it didn't matter. That the girl wasn't acting with ANY malice didn't matter. She was out for the rest of the year.

FTR, an actual "terroristic threat" merits 30 days of alternative placement in another district. Also FTR, the admin team at the school was all-white and the student was a 5'7" black girl hoping to get into the same prestigious high school program her brother and sister had attended. Again FTR, the district is 13% black but blacks make up a third of the students at the alternative school and you have to wonder, after hearing this story, how many of them are there for the same kind of bullshit "race obsessed idiot" reasoning.

Lastly FTR, an appeal to the school admin got the alternative placement reduced to 30 days but an appeal to the district was successful. The girl returned to her middle school after missing three weeks (her mother refused to take her to the alternative school). Her record was cleared and she's now a freshman in the prestigious program she wanted. The middle school principal's actions were investigated, she was placed on administrative leave, and eventually resigned.
Csb?

There is no way to know if what the kid did was race-based with the info available. What we know is he is a follower who puts on eyeblack. We know this because he arrived at the game that he is not playing and puts on eyeblack because his friends had put on eyeblack. Was it a joke, an attempt to lessen the glare while reading their phones, who knows?

With the available information, a suspension is absurd, but he does need a swift kick in the ass for being a follower who would apply eyeblack when not competing.
Jfc, talk about out of touch. If you're so misinformed on a topic, just do yourself a favor and don't post. Kids go to games as fans and this is what they do. They dress up with different themes, paint their hair, emulate players etc... This principal made it about race bc he's a disgusting human being. Period.

Jfc, talk about out of touch. If you're so misinformed on a topic, just do yourself a favor and don't post. Kids go to games as fans and this is what they do. They dress up with different themes, paint their hair, emulate players etc... This principal made it about race bc he's a disgusting human being. Period.

I went to 10 or 11 high school football games this year, and not one person attending the game had on eyeblack. A few players did, but it was minimal.
What area of the country do you live in where people attending high school football games are wearing eyeblack?

I went to 10 or 11 high school football games this year, and not one person attending the game had on eyeblack. A few players did, but it was minimal.
What area of the country do you live in where people attending high school football games are wearing eyeblack?
Most of our student section does (central Iowa). They wear white painted overalls and all sit together. Most have eye black and/or face paint.

But he's not a student at the highschool
Oh for sure. But Nole said he went to high school games and had never seen it and asked what part of the country it was seen at high school games. I can’t say I have seen it at middle school games, except at least 10+ years ago it was big with players.

So, all of those people in the stands at Doak wearing Nole jerseys are just dipshit followers for wearing jerseys to a game they’re not playing in? Checks out.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
same

meh

He's a kid. I'm curious what the other kids looked like. If, I'm a coach, I'm going, "JOHNNY! come here, pal. You look ridiculous. Lemme get some of that off [while I try to contain as much laughter as possible]

I really feel badly for the parents. We can't expect kids to have the same level of understanding as adults. My son told me this over the weekend [paraphrased], "Dad, kids at Cole say all kinds of weird stuff. Words I think they're just making up half the time. Either I'm the only normal person or I'm really naive [can't remember the exact word he used]."
In regards to coaching, that's because you're a reasonable human being. Most football coaches are like:
war-face-full-metal-jacket.gif

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Let me check with late night host Jimmy Kimmel

image.dynimg.full.q75.jpg

Close call.
IMO, there's such a stark difference in actual blackface and what Jimmy did above. In the mid-19th century white performers darkened their skin with polish and cork, put on tattered clothing and exaggerated their features to look and act stereotypically “black." It was a replacement for potential black actors as well as an opportunity to make fun of them.

What Jimmy did is just comedy. We've lost the ability to differentiate. If a black kid wanted to go as Larry Bird for Halloween and painted his skin white or a white kid wanted to go as Michael Jordan and wanted to paint his skin black, there shouldn't be an issue. But there is.

Jfc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Some obviously are happy to defend people like this principal, otherwise he wouldn't have a job.

Lots of people get suspended. Most of those people don't think they deserved it. Most of them did.
Do you have any inside information about what actually happened in order to determine if this kid deserved it? Other than his parents saying that he didn't?

What “inside information” is necessary when the photo clearly shows that this is not blackface?

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Jfc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Some obviously are happy to defend people like this principal, otherwise he wouldn't have a job.

Where did I defend the principal, I stated the suspension was absurd.
JFC you multiple handle people should read back through your posts so you do not get confused when replying. .

California, apparently. Because it happened.

So, all of those people in the stands at Doak wearing Nole jerseys are just dipshit followers for wearing jerseys to a game they’re not playing in? Checks out.

There is no way you believe wearing a jersey to a game is analogous to someone showing up at a game seeing others wearing eye black and joining in on that stupidity.

That is an incredibly weak troll attempt, do better, try harder.

There is no way you believe wearing a jersey to a game is analogous to someone showing up at a game seeing others wearing eye black and joining in on that stupidity.

That is an incredibly weak troll attempt, do better, try harder.
I'd say it's exactly how kids who don't have jerseys attend games to feel part of it. I see kids in student section wearing, eye black, body paint, face paint etc. at just about every one of the hundreds of games I've coached in and attended. I guarantee you that the 10 or 11 you attended this year there were kids there wearing it. You just weren't looking for it.

Like the picture below. There's a bunch of kids wearing it but unl;ess you were looking for it, you would have never noticed.

DSC_0102-Copy.jpg

I'd say it's exactly how kids who don't have jerseys attend games to feel part of it. I see kids in student section wearing, eye black, body paint, face paint etc. at just about every one of the hundreds of games I've coached in and attended. I guarantee you that the 10 or 11 you attended this year there were kids there wearing it. You just weren't looking for it.

Like the picture below. There's a bunch of kids wearing it but unl;ess you were looking for it, you would have never noticed.

DSC_0102-Copy.jpg
Please remove this picture as it’s offensive in nature and traumatizing to our posters of color. Do better.

Where did I defend the principal, I stated the suspension was absurd.
JFC you multiple handle people should read back through your posts so you do not get confused when replying. .
I have this one handle but nice deflection. Putting anything to do the outcome of this situation on a 12 year old is defending the principal. This isn't complicated.

It's going to get brought up at some point, so let's just get it out of the way now.

4669a946f9741f631d7fe2e1972a4db8.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I have this one handle but nice deflection. Putting anything to do the outcome of this situation on a 12 year old is defending the principal. This isn't complicated.

I didnt put anything on the kid other than I think it is stupid to slather eyeblack on his face after showing up to ta game.
You would have to be an idiot to think that in some way defends the principal decision to suspend the kid.

I didnt put anything on the kid other than I think it is stupid to slather eyeblack on his face after showing up to ta game.
In your opinion.

Some would say these people are also stupid:

424fd7ce-35a3-4d9d-89c5-22daba8c2ceb.jpg

c79c38cfc2e59bda476a4aa74f1bf99d.jpg

ap932446101009jpg.jpg

8e3b02cdf82a53a104a6a74d923db6c5.jpg

Per the parents, the kid (aka: child) wanted to be like his friends and put a bunch of paint on his face. A kid trying to fit in. Weird.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT