Campbell to Nebraska?

Why not?

Higher ceiling.
More resources.
Better tradition.
Already peaked at ISU.
Bleak future for the Big 12.
Coach in a true power conference.
Chance to be the one who brings Nebraska back to relevance.

Other than loyalty, why would you stay at Iowa State over Nebraska, if offered?
He has shown that he can beat Iowa with less regarded recruits. That ought to count for something.

i don’t think ne can do better, hope they find someone much flashier

Why not?

Higher ceiling.
More resources.
Better tradition.
Already peaked at ISU.

Because if you don’t produce within two years, everyone is calling for your head. Depends on ambition though. Nebraska has still been getting enough talent to make a good team. I don’t think Matt Campbell is the one to take them back to national title relevancy though.

They will get someone far better than Campbell. They're going to open up the checkbook and not settle for a "Nebraska guy" this time.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Dont understand why they just pull the trigger after last year. They saved nothing and this season is toast. Money talks but 19 days!!Wow!

Campbell won’t go to Nebraska. They actually expect results. He can continue with almost guaranteed 7-8 win seasons in the weak Big 12 and they will build him a statue. Plus, he won’t be as successful in the Big 10.

7-8 win seasons at Nebraska get you fired.

Dont understand why they just pull the trigger after last year. They saved nothing and this season is toast. Money talks but 19 days!!Wow!
Yeah I mean frost definitely had to go after that loss, but why not wait 19 more days and save $7.5 mil!? Next weekend whatever coach is there takes the L to Oklahoma, then it’s a bye, and then the interim coach could have taken over on the 1st. Just eating all $15 mil is a poor business decision.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Why not?

Higher ceiling.
More resources.
Better tradition.
Already peaked at ISU.

Head Coach Matt Campbell, who never makes it a goal to win conference championships, makes $4M/year at Clown U

Before even considering the Little Debbie job, he should demand at least $8M/year, for 7 years, fully guaranteed. Hell, anyone thinking about that job should demand the money and the years based on how they go through head coaches.

But that's at Iowa State. Not sure why us Iowa fans are being salty right now and laughing at anyone. We have a huge dumpster fire of our own.
It could last for years if changes aren't made Asap.
Agreed—my contention is “proving he can beat iowa”….in 2022, is nothing to hang your hat on.

Reactions: Sett1997
Agreed—my contention is “proving he can beat iowa”….in 2022, is nothing to hang your hat on.
I'll have to agree with you on that one. We may be a national joke though sooner than we think if we don't get changes immediately.
Actually, the pundits are already laughing their asses off.
How could you blame them, it would be different if he would try different things.

Yeah I mean frost definitely had to go after that loss, but why not wait 19 more days and save $7.5 mil!? Next weekend whatever coach is there takes the L to Oklahoma, then it’s a bye, and then the interim coach could have taken over on the 1st. Just eating all $15 mil is a poor business decision.
I haven't researched but are we sure we have all the info? Only reason I'm asking is it doesn't make a ton of sense they would do that.
Maybe an underlying deal the public isn't privy to?

Reactions: DOUGBLOK
Oh, how I would love it if Campbell left ISU for Nebraska. The insult to the clown base would be epic.

I know that many see Nebraska as a mess, but they have the money, boosters, fan loyalty and conference $ to support a winner. Now that they've been taken down a few pegs and had their egos crushed... I think a new coach can expect a bit more realistic expectations. A guy could go 8-4 there in 2-3 years (basically .500 in the B1G) and be a savior now.

The uncertainty of the "big" 12 may be just enough to entice donkey teeth to Lincoln. Let's be honest...Lincoln and Ames are equally bland college towns...he wouldn't even know he moved.

Why would he go to a much lower rated program? He loves the atmosphere in Ames and so does his young family.

The only programs I'm worried about are Ohio State and Notre Dame.
Well ISU is nothing special but from a talent level it's definitely not a much lower rated program, they just had the wrong coach. Other than the last 5 years there is no comparison who the more attractive program... The facilities and trophy cases speak for themselves.

I think MC would prefer to stay in the watered down b12 that's coming where the expectations aren't much than go to a conference that will be almost impossible to win and you're constantly in a pressure cooker. We shall see though but ISU could be back to dogshit quick with future of b12 if he bails

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I haven't researched but are we sure we have all the info? Only reason I'm asking is it doesn't make a ton of sense they would do that.
Maybe an underlying deal the public isn't privy to?
Publicly the only info I’m aware of was that his contract dropped from a $15 mil buyout to $7.5 on Oct 1st. I scrolled the Nebby boards and the only references I saw to the money aspect were that posters were speculating some high profile boosters were demanding immediate action. So who knows, in the grand scheme of things the $7.5 isn’t a ton, but it surely is enough that you’d think there has to be a dam good reason for not waiting 19 more days or 1 game and a bye week to take frost out to pasture.

Because what if Frost beats Oklahoma? It was possible. Lot of changes at OU in the past year and the Huskers played them tough last year. Harder to fire a coach after a big win over a rival, though Nebraska did do that to Bo, so who knows?

maybe they have next coach already lined up and ready to start in 2-weeks

Reactions: Hammer93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT