ADVERTISEMENT

Campbell to Nebraska?

I'm just not processing how so many Hawkeye fans seem to think that Nebraska, after two decades of futility, remains some sort of elite job.

Where are you seeing this? People in this thread seem to think the Iowa State coach _might_ take the job. That is hardly evidence that we seem to think Nebraska is an elite job.

If we thought Nebraska was an elite job, Campbell would jump at it without hesitation.

I mainly think any B10/SEC job is a step up for anyone in the Middle3, including Campbell. The resources are guaranteed to be better.

Also, it is really rich for an ISU fan to call it two decades of futility. Lets compare Nebraska to the greatest 20 years in the history of ISU:

Nebraska 155-110 .584
ISU 113-148 .432

If you think Nebraska just put up two decades of futility, what do you call the performance in Ames?

if you were even thinking about the Little Debbie job, wouldn't you want $8M/year x 7 years, fully guaranteed? I mean, Flop was the golden boy and he didn't even last 5 seasons
Hell yeah. Damn would love an employment contract like that. Wouldn't feel a ton of stress I can tell you that.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Also, it is really rich for an ISU fan to call it two decades of futility. Lets compare Nebraska to the greatest 20 years in the history of ISU:

Nebraska 155-110 .584
ISU 113-148 .432

If you think Nebraska just put up two decades of futility, what do you call the performance in Ames?
Why is it rich? I freely admit that Iowa State has never had a good 20 year run and its historical performance is worse than NE's when measured over any extended period of probably more than 5 years. My use of "futile" should be read in the context of and relative to UNL's unreasonable expectations and its fan's lofty self-image. But if you want to nitpick word selection, that's your prerogative.

Where are you seeing this? People in this thread seem to think the Iowa State coach _might_ take the job. That is hardly evidence that we seem to think Nebraska is an elite job.

If we thought Nebraska was an elite job, Campbell would jump at it without hesitation.

I mainly think any B10/SEC job is a step up for anyone in the Middle3, including Campbell. The resources are guaranteed to be better.

Nebraska 155-110 .584
ISU 113-148 .432

I think we would all agree they are going to try for another home run hire (an established head coach).

how many years and what kind of guaranteed money would it take for someone to leave a comfortable job and head to Lincoln? I threw out $8M/year for 7 years, fully guaranteed.

I think we would all agree they are going to try for another home run hire (an established head coach).

how many years and what kind of guaranteed money would it take for someone to leave a comfortable job and head to Lincoln? I threw out $8M/year for 7 years, fully guaranteed.
Should have just told Clay Helton to stay in town Saturday night. He would be a vast improvement.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT