ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why childless, single working women is a bad thing?

Hoosier nailed it with this explanation. It's selfish, individualistic behavior.
im-doing-my-part-serious.gif

Immigration!
Exactly. I certainly can't speak for Rs, but when I went to college ZPG ( Zero Population Growth ) was pushed down our throats endlessly. Earth Day and all. The population bomb. Quit reproducing America! Now after following the leftist's advice, we now require illegal immigration to keep our population stable if not growing. It was a great plan by leftists and work just as they wanted it to...
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa5b78816-5cf7-4292-9441-6e3e58b1a07f_1181x2048.jpeg
3591831.jpg
647942.jpg

I'm glad I lived long enough to discredit everything I was taught at the U of I...

Ok but then I could counter that you shouldn't expect social security and medicare then.

You might have paid into it to care for the previous generation but you didn't create the people to pay into it for you. There is 2 sides to that equation.
That's a ****ing STREEEEETCH, bud.

What about people that can't have children? Should that be withheld from them too then? What about people that are step-parents but don't have their own kids. That's my situation. This is an entirely different discussion.

It's no surprise that the pro-life/anti-abortion crowd is also the "You should have kids and if you don't you're selfish" crowd

People aren't going to start having more kids. The costs are too high. We aren't going back to the single bread-winner/mom stays at home and raises the kids world. Even where it's financially incentivized, like China, it hasn't worked. We either grow through immigration or we don't grow.

China had the problem of previously telling people not to have kids to suddenly wanting people to have kids.

Their demographics much like Japan's are a huge problem for them.

Exactly. I certainly can't speak for Rs, but when I went to college ZPG ( Zero Population Growth ) was pushed down our throats endlessly. Earth Day and all. The population bomb. Quit reproducing America! Now after following the leftist's advice, we now require illegal immigration to keep our population stable if not growing. It was a great plan by leftists and work just as they wanted it to...
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa5b78816-5cf7-4292-9441-6e3e58b1a07f_1181x2048.jpeg
3591831.jpg
647942.jpg

I'm glad I lived long enough to discredit everything I was taught at the U of I...

Shiiiittttt. When did some stupid books ever stop you?!

Sounds like a boomer move. Screw everything up for some temporary gain for yourself and consider the fallout to be someone else's problem.

Our country has become too individualistic to where people don't feel they have any obligations to the country or the world outside of what the law forces them to do. They don't even feel obligated to replace themselves and raise the next generation.

All of are going to get old one day and we're all gonna want the productive people to care for us in our unproductive years. Now we can claim we deserve that because we did it for the previous generation. . . But the part they are missing from that equation is that you not only need to do it for the previous generations but you also need to create and raise the next generation.
LOL this is straight up stupidity. No offense

That's a ****ing STREEEEETCH, bud.

What about people that can't have children? Should that be withheld from them too then? What about people that are step-parents but don't have their own kids. That's my situation. This is an entirely different discussion.

It's no surprise that the pro-life/anti-abortion crowd is also the "You should have kids and if you don't you're selfish" crowd

If you can't have children there is nothing that can be done there, I'm not suggesting they should be punished for something they didn't choose.

As for step children. It's good you are helping to raise the children but population wise you arn't replacing yourself. You creating the people that will be needed to pay for medicare and social security.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
People aren't going to start having more kids. The costs are too high. We aren't going back to the single bread-winner/mom stays at home and raises the kids world. Even where it's financially incentivized, like China, it hasn't worked. We either grow through immigration or we don't grow.

Than I fear our future is bleak much like Japan's.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
If you can't have children there is nothing that can be done there, I'm not suggesting they should be punished for something they didn't choose.

As for step children. It's good you are helping to raise the children but population wise you arn't replacing yourself. You creating the people that will be needed to pay for medicare and social security.
I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

Fewer oxygen thieves? Good. The world is way over-populated as it is.

Single and ready to mingle? Hell yeah.

Can buy her own shit instead of milking free drinks at the bar? Again, hell yeah.

Why are repubbers so worked up over this?

771c7c3a-b73e-4692-9f46-4d715ecf5fcf_text.gif
Huh? I don’t know anyone who cares. JD Vance used it as some throwaway line but other than that who cares?

Don't immigrants pay into SS, Medicare, etc.?

Sounds like the right wing should be embracing the welfare baby mammas and helping them out.

That's false logic.

No it's not. You don't pay into social security to have your money saved so that you use it later. You are paying into it to pay for the people currently taking from the system.

If more people are taking from the system than people paying into the system, it goes bust.

No it's not. You don't pay into social security to have your money saved so that you use it later. You are paying into it to pay for the people currently taking from the system.

If more people are taking from the system than people paying into the system, it goes bust.
That's just not the case. You are making false assumptions and foolish claims.

Reactions: nelly02
China had the problem of previously telling people not to have kids to suddenly wanting people to have kids.

Their demographics much like Japan's are a huge problem for them.
And because they are so insular and actively discourage immigration to preserve their culture, they are doomed. Educated women, on the whole, do not want to spend their lives raising families. Educated, married couples do not want to spend all their money raising families. Again - absent immigration - the demographics of Japan and China are the coming demographics of the US. This isn't hard to understand.

Don't immigrants pay into SS, Medicare, etc.?

Sounds like the right wing should be embracing the welfare baby mammas and helping them out.

I believe they do but you really think it's wise to put all our eggs in the basket that there will always be immigrants to make up the difference??

What if other countries look more attractive to them? Or what if their home country gets things together and there isn't as big of a push to leave?

Huh? I don’t know anyone who cares. JD Vance used it as some throwaway line but other than that who cares?

Couple of your political brethren HORTers on here were going on about it this morning. I've seen it brought up a few other times. Plus, he's your party's VP candidate and all.

Inquiring minds want to know.

In my opinion, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with women who choose to focus on their career and not to have kids.

But I have to say that in my experiences, many (not all) women who follow this path in life reap the rewards of being a career-driven women, yet still expect their male counterparts to take on the traditional roles that benefit the woman, such as paying for drinks at the bar.

And because they are so insular and actively discourage immigration to preserve their culture, they are doomed. Educated women, on the whole, do not want to spend their lives raising families. Educated, married couples do not want to spend all their money raising families. Again - absent immigration - the demographics of Japan and China are the coming demographics of the US. This isn't hard to understand.

I agree about their insular cultures being a hurt to them. But I don't think we should be putting all our eggs into that basket.

As far as cost I believe the government should subsidize it more to make it more attractive. However I personally think that it would be better for people to give themselves a purpose. Living your life just to have the most fun you can have seems pretty shallow and empty.

I believe they do but you really think it's wise to put all our eggs in the basket that there will always be immigrants to make up the difference??

What if other countries look more attractive to them? Or what if their home country gets things together and there isn't as big of a push to leave?
What if people don't want to have babies?

None of those things are happening nor is there likelihood they will. But people are choosing not to have as many children as in the past. We are a developed and rich society, we don't need children to work in the fields. Thus, fewer of them. But there are plenty of people in the world and many of them want to come to the US. They are able to work, contribute, pay taxes, etc. right away - not 20 years from now.

What's stupid is trying to shame eople into having more children. It's unseemly and it will not work.

I agree about their insular cultures being a hurt to them. But I don't think we should be putting all our eggs into that basket.

As far as cost I believe the government should subsidize it more to make it more attractive. However I personally think that it would be better for people to give themselves a purpose. Living your life just to have the most fun you can have seems pretty shallow and empty.
Not nearly as shallow as wanting handouts or assuming having children are the only way to have a fulfilled life.

Get over yourself.

Hoosier cares. The purpose of human life is to replace yourself, apparently. Not to enjoy life.
I read that if I have a healthy compost bin, my worms will pro-create to a sustainable level to thrive. If the environment becomes unsustainable bc of resources or harsh conditions like heat/cold, then they will cull their population and stop reproducing until it's sustainable again.

Maybe we're all just worms in a bin, and we're seeing people naturally moderate the population control.

I read that if I have a healthy compost bin, my worms will pro-create to a sustainable level to thrive. If the environment becomes unsustainable bc of resources or harsh conditions like heat/cold, then they will cull their population and stop reproducing until it's sustainable again.

Maybe we're all just worms in a bin, and we're seeing people naturally moderate the population control.
mind-blown-shocked-face.gif

Ok but then I could counter that you shouldn't expect social security and medicare then.

You might have paid into it to care for the previous generation but you didn't create the people to pay into it for you. There is 2 sides to that equation.
You never fail to rag on Boomers and it makes me wonder if your Boomer parents were jerks and abused you. Sorry if that’s the case.
Boomers paid a lot of money into the system. In the 80’s so many of us supported legislation that would have allowed us more control over how our deductions were invested but it didn’t pass. So we had to set aside even more money in a 401/IRA.
That meant we were the first generation where women worked in large numbers because we needed the money and for the first time we had more opportunities- thus we didn’t stay home and have a bunch of kids. We’d grown up in homes where Mom was Betty Crocker and Dad was a WWII vet who took the one car to work and there was one TV with maybe 2-3 channels.

Boomers are also still working in record numbers. I just returned from eight days over in England and Ireland and when I tell you the flight attendants (American Airlines) were really really damn old I’m not exaggerating in the least. Like my age old. 70+ old. It was amazing but they also knew their job, had great customer service and kept the passengers on a 100% full plane (300 plus) happy.
So we’re living longer but is that a bad thing? It means you will too unless you’re fat, you smoke, or you’re a booze hound.
Oh and finally as we start to die in big numbers it’s predicted we will be leaving our kids a LOT of money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT