ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why childless, single working women is a bad thing?

Child bearing can help fix blah hips. It also gives us MILF. We need more MILF.

tumblr_lwxp7gIXsl1ql41ypo1_500.gif

I'm not actually advocating for it so much as I'm making a point that the systems we have in place to take care of elderly people rely entirely upon having younger productive people to support them.

If think people not reproducing is no big deal than I assume you will find it no big deal if you don't get social security or medicare.

It's not about individual benefit it's about does the country benefit? Does the community benefit? Does the country and community benefit from people choosing to not have children? On the contrary it's severely damaged by people not having children.

And I would point out that the taxes you pay into things like education are miniscule compared to what you will be receiving in Medicare and Social Security even when you don't count for inflation.
You don't think there is any benefit to having fewer people to support.
  • Less poverty
  • Less use of natural resources
  • Not adding to the child care shortage problem
  • Less absenteeism from work due to child care concerns
The world needs both kinds of people, with and without children. One is not better or more deserving than the other.

You don't think their is any benefit to having fewer people to support.
  • Less poverty
  • Less use of natural resources
  • Not adding to the child care shortage problem
  • Less absenteeism from work due to child care concerns
The world needs both kinds of people, with and without children. One is not better or more deserving than the other.
Another great post. Nice work.

If people start having kids for the sole purpose of "providing for the next generation" then they're having kids for the wrong reason.

People have kids because they want to have kids (clearly there's exceptions of "accidents"). If people that don't want to have kids start having kids solely because they feel like they have to for future generations, then those future generations of kids are going to be shitheads. We are already seeing this. From the stories my teacher friends tell me IRL to the stories on here...kids are ****ing bad nowadays. It would only get worse if folks that don't want to be parents start having kids because they feel obligated to, not because they truly want to.

Do you really think those people were actually having kids for the good of society or do you think they were accidents or just shitty people teaching their kids to be equally shitty.

There have always been kids with bad parents. My wife and I both have the mental scars from constant bullying to know it.

Women are not thinking “I got mine who cares about the next generation” when considering whether to have kids.
If they’re unmarried they have a lot of reasons - good ones.
The same thing could be said for men who choose to go single and childless. And I also said that individually people are free to make those choices, but as a society it becomes selfish.

Holy crap. Can people here agree that every individual has the right to make choices for themselves, but at the same time those choices, as a collective, can have negative effects on our society? Nothing wrong with staying single and childless. But if too many women make the same decision we as society have a problem. Individually, not to blame. As a society, it becomes selfish behavior not to procreate and provide for the next generation. It's "I got mine, who cares about the next generation" mentality. So, as a society our government should be incentivizing families to have kids, not making it harder on them, because it is good for the future of this country.

This is exactly it. I would care a lot less if we have a birthrate of 2.1 children per woman overall. But too many people are deciding not to have kids. And sadly it's the people who are best equipped financially to care for children who do that.

I'm sure everyone loves their careers . . . but your careers don't love you. People don't die wishing they spent more time at work.

Do you really think those people were actually having kids for the good of society or do you think they were accidents or just shitty people teaching their kids to be equally shitty.

There have always been kids with bad parents. My wife and I both have the mental scars from constant bullying to know it.
I was responding to the post that I quoted about having kids for the future of the country. And my point still stands, people should have kids because they WANT to have kids, not because they think the country needs it. When you have even more parents that don't want to be parents, then you have more shitty kids.

I'm not even really sure what you're attempting to get at with your post.

If people start having kids for the sole purpose of "providing for the next generation" then they're having kids for the wrong reason.

People have kids because they want to have kids (clearly there's exceptions of "accidents"). If people that don't want to have kids start having kids solely because they feel like they have to for future generations, then those future generations of kids are going to be shitheads. We are already seeing this. From the stories my teacher friends tell me IRL to the stories on here...kids are ****ing bad nowadays. It would only get worse if folks that don't want to be parents start having kids because they feel obligated to, not because they truly want to.
Elon Musk believes it’s his duty to procreate and it seems pretty clear he’s a pretty shitty father.

• Love
Reactions: McLovin32
The same thing could be said for men who choose to go single and childless. And I also said that individually people are free to make those choices, but as a society it becomes selfish.

I think it's less a problem of single and childless and more of an issue of people who are in long term even married relationships but prefer to be DINKs for the rest of their lives.

I don't know very many people who are perpetually single or hop from one relationship to the next at my age. I do know some that are DINKs or chose to only have 1 kid.

Again on the whole when too many people make these choices it damages society.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I was responding to the post that I quoted about having kids for the future of the country. And my point still stands, people should have kids because they WANT to have kids, not because they think the country needs it. When you have even more parents that don't want to be parents, then you have more shitty kids.

I'm not even really sure what you're attempting to get at with your post.
How about this? No, people who don't want kids or are shitty parents shouldn't have kids out of obligation because the country needs it. At the same time, those families that do want more kids and are good parents and will contribute to providing the next generation, that our country does things that incentivizes and rewards it and makes it less burdensome to do so.

How about this? No, people who don't want kids or are shitty parents shouldn't have kids out of obligation because the country needs it. At the same time, those families that do want more kids and are good parents and will contribute to providing the next generation, that our country does things that incentivizes and rewards it and makes it less burdensome to do so.
Sounds about perfect to me.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Nobody cares about any beatings, we just need to get this birthrate up!

Trust me I think the schools should be held accountable for their failures to combat bullying.

But we do need to get the birthrate back up to 2.1 or our society will face more problems because it's oldest generations decided that it was all about them.

Boomers did that with tax cuts. Millennials and Gen Z are doing it with not having children.

This doesn't help your argument.

I don’t think there are too many people out there who don’t realize at some point it’s been a Ponzi scheme all along. FDR sold it to a population living through hard times on a scale we’re fortunate enough not to live through ourselves.

I don't consider it a ponzi scheme. A ponzi scheme is where you take someone's money say you are investing it and then spend it on yourself. You occasionally get new people into the system to pay off the others but no one knows what you are doing.

Social security and medicare are a covenant with society. That covenant is that you take care of the elderly and the disabled and the next generation will take care of you. It becomes a problem if there is no next generation.

All women have the ability to make choices about marriage.
If they want to remain single that is their decision. Not every
person wants to be married. The companionship and motherhood
which marriage offers is a personal choice.

Bottom Line: Single-working women in the work force can be
a positive development. They should be applauded for it.
NOT all single people are so because of choice. Nor are all childless people childless because of choice. Just ask schoolmarms of old and how about nuns and priests.? And those with fertility problems? That said if there is choice, it's their choice.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Bro, do you not even Harrison Butker?

harrison-butker-benedictine-college-mc-240515-a311f3.jpg

Because some people Harrison Butker in this thread. Big time.
Harrison Butker is right. The world needs more Harrison Butker’s and less Travis Kelce’s. If given the chance you would rather make love with Travis Kelce than a strong conservative woman.

So, more welfare for the baby mammas? OK.

Trust me I think the schools should be held accountable for their failures to combat bullying.

But we do need to get the birthrate back up to 2.1 or our society will face more problems because it's oldest generations decided that it was all about them.

Boomers did that with tax cuts. Millennials and Gen Z are doing it with not having children.
half of gen Z is 19 or younger

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32

So you won't acknowledge that immigration can supply any of the bodies you are looking for?

You never fail to rag on Boomers and it makes me wonder if your Boomer parents were jerks and abused you. Sorry if that’s the case.
Boomers paid a lot of money into the system. In the 80’s so many of us supported legislation that would have allowed us more control over how our deductions were invested but it didn’t pass. So we had to set aside even more money in a 401/IRA.
That meant we were the first generation where women worked in large numbers because we needed the money and for the first time we had more opportunities- thus we didn’t stay home and have a bunch of kids. We’d grown up in homes where Mom was Betty Crocker and Dad was a WWII vet who took the one car to work and there was one TV with maybe 2-3 channels.

Boomers are also still working in record numbers. I just returned from eight days over in England and Ireland and when I tell you the flight attendants (American Airlines) were really really damn old I’m not exaggerating in the least. Like my age old. 70+ old. It was amazing but they also knew their job, had great customer service and kept the passengers on a 100% full plane (300 plus) happy.
So we’re living longer but is that a bad thing? It means you will too unless you’re fat, you smoke, or you’re a booze hound.
Oh and finally as we start to die in big numbers it’s predicted we will be leaving our kids a LOT of money.

My problem with boomers was the constant tax cuts they voted themselves while watching the problems pile up for young people then deciding they still need another tax cut.

Their parents laid down a foundation of relatively inexpensive post secondary education and affordable housing. Boomers collectively took that, decided not to fund post secondary education and took the extra money they got from tax cuts to buy investment and rental homes, left very little homes for their children to buy. Then voted themselves another tax cut because they still didn't feel like they had enough.

637369424c78eacbca7006b5_dfb880ce-b860-4130-a5b0-3c87d4ba6c65.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

The cool part here is that this is solely your opinion. You see not having children as selfish. I see it as just another life choice in a long list of life choices everyone can make. There's no selfishness in living life how you want to live it. I don't like babies/toddlers. At no point in my life have I ever wanted one. Do I owe America one? **** no, I don't.

Anyone that thinks people "owe" or "need to contribute" a child to society has a very dumb, narrow minded view on things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT