ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel the tournament

If they aren’t allowing fans, just play the damn thing in a big AAU complex with 10 courts. What’s the point of putting these guys in planes and taking them all over the country for these games? Just do it in a single location. It’ll be over in a week

If they aren’t allowing fans, just play the damn thing in a big AAU complex with 10 courts. What’s the point of putting these guys in planes and taking them all over the country for these games? Just do it in a single location. It’ll be over in a week

Because the NCAA wants the max amount of TV dollars they can squeeze out of the tournament.

I think the players should be asked if to cancel or not. Yes it will be weird with no fans as sport only exists because of fans. But this is possibly a chance of a lifetime for a few of these players. Let the players vote and decide what to do with the tournament.

Maybe this is dumb to think about but this is where my IT brain is at...

The increase in TV viewership makes me wonder how the internet streaming services - or example YouTube tv, etc. - will handle the increase in traffic load. The Google cloud servers probably can but maybe not the smaller Sling TVs and others.

Reactions: 24 so far

The increase in TV viewership makes me wonder how the internet streaming services - or example YouTube tv, etc. - will handle the increase in traffic load. The Google cloud servers probably can but maybe not the smaller Sling TVs and others.

The total amount of people that go the games is minuscule compared to people that watch. Nothing will be affected viewership wise.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145

I still have cable, you can come over and watch.

If businesses are shut down, there won’t be any.

Not saying it is or isn't but based on the what has occurred in the last 1/2 day just don't see it happening. At least not next week.

TBD

I would guess no games for a few weeks minimum. How can you lets amateurs play though?
why not?
there will be less people around the games than they'll see in class, so what's the difference?
i get not allowing fans in, but cancelling it just doesn't make any sense unless we go close down everything and everyone is quarantined

why not?
there will be less people around the games than they'll see in class, so what's the difference?
i get not allowing fans in, but cancelling it just doesn't make any sense unless we go close down everything and everyone is quarantined

Traveling around country
other players could get effected
Refs at risk

TBD

I would guess no games for a few weeks minimum. How can you lets amateurs play though?
why not?

It's probably becoming a logistical nightmare. How many contingencies are going to be needed to run this thing? What happens if a player, coach, ref gets sick? It isn't about just playing all of these factors and 100 more will need to be answered before teams travel.

Traveling around country
other players could get effected
Refs at risk
the refs are at no more risk than any other person that travels for work, those folks are still doing their jobs.

I assume the players don't travel with the public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT