ADVERTISEMENT

Candy

jawatkins

HR Heisman
Feb 7, 2007
I’m not a big time candy eater but someone brought in some gummy lifesavers and I had a couple because why not and holy moly are those things good. No wonder kids get addicted to this stuff. Anyway, y’all got some awesome candy rec’s? I don’t plan on ruining myself on the stuff but I think I’m going to dabble.

Tried some Skittles gummies the other day. Don't know if I'd crow about them, but were a lot tastier than I imagined they'd be.

I like the strawberry & watermelon flavored Sour Patch Kids gummies, as well.

I've been trying to quit

91ycFEDr55L.jpg

I like a lot of the shit candy.

Give me all of your black licorice, good 'n plenty, milk duds, double-bubble, etc. I'll give you my milky ways, three musketeers, skittles and Kit Kats (they're okay).
I remember not liking 3 musketeers, and my grandparents had an exchange student from somewhere in Eastern Europe, she brought their version of black licorice as part of the culture stuff she wanted to share with us. I remember it making American black licorice taste like pure sugar in comparison, that was a strong candy. Was not a fan.

Reactions: cfbfan23
I like a lot of the shit candy.

Give me all of your black licorice, good 'n plenty, milk duds, double-bubble, etc. I'll give you my milky ways, three musketeers, skittles and Kit Kats (they're okay).
Same. Black licorice and good and plenty’s are 2 of my favorites. Hot tamales are close and if I see jolly joes somewhere, I almost have to buy them. Not sure if they are still sold though as it has been awhile. As for candy bars, I’d be partial to almond joys. I’m not all there.

Il
I've gotten hooked onto Trader Joe's version of Swedish Fish called.... Scandinavian Swimmers, both traditional and sour.

So much better than Swedish Fish.

webp-1280.webp
l have to check them out. I was in a Trader Joe’s for the first time last weekend. I needed some hotdogs/sausages for a cookout. The only think I could find were prepackaged organic dogs at $10 for 10. I did find some awesome top split buns but stopped at another market for the dogs.

Reactions: NoleATL
Il

l have to check them out. I was in a Trader Joe’s for the first time last weekend. I needed some hotdogs/sausages for a cookout. The only think I could find were prepackaged organic dogs at $10 for 10. I did find some awesome top split buns but stopped at another market for the dogs.

Those are solid buns, usually buy my dogs/sausages elsewhere though. Although their Italian sausage is pretty good, the spicy one actually has some heat.

I remember not liking 3 musketeers, and my grandparents had an exchange student from somewhere in Eastern Europe, she brought their version of black licorice as part of the culture stuff she wanted to share with us. I remember it making American black licorice taste like pure sugar in comparison, that was a strong candy. Was not a fan.

The black licorice I eat at home is Dutch. The stronger the better.......I know i'm way in the minority on this.

The black licorice I eat at home is Dutch. The stronger the better.......I know i'm way in the minority on this.
My favorite is Wallaby Black Licorice. When i was finishing my basement years ago and had to frequent Menards, it always ended up in my cart. No clue why; but that was the first place I ever noticed it sold.

Reactions: cfbfan23
My favorite is Wallaby Black Licorice. When i was finishing my basement years ago and had to frequent Menards, it always ended up in my cart. No clue why; but that was the first place I ever noticed it sold.

I like that kind.

DSC02075.JPG

This is what I get. I eat 4 or five pieces a day.

They claim it's deliciously sweet and firm. Deliciously Sweet????? Maybe compared to other Northern European licorices......but you'll never mistake it for twizzlers. Firm????? Very much so.

Original spree are my very favorite. They are getting harder to find.
I remember the chewy ones. Sour and sweet. I don’t know if I’ve had the original, probably though. Are they more like a sweet tart?

I like that kind.

DSC02075.JPG

They claim it's deliciously sweet and firm. Deliciously Sweet????? Maybe compared to other Northern European licorices......but you'll never mistake it for twizzlers. Firm????? Very much so.
never seen it; but will give it a try if I stumble upon it. Don't search out candy these days; but, still indulge from time to time.

I like that kind.

DSC02075.JPG

Those look kind of evil. I like the look.

It’s weird, as I’ve gotten older I don’t really like candy very much. Just seems so sweet. However, I will partake during endurance races. A good old Snickers bar is where it’s at when you’ve been riding or running for 5-6 hours and still have a few hours left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT