ADVERTISEMENT

Cases of Black Lung on the rise in the US.

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
A curious development in the US considering the cause has been known for decades.

a3vGOvXV2xIl.gif

I bet the people most ready to talk about black lung are also the ones most interested in the legalization of smoking weed. I guess only certain lung ailments bother them.

I bet the people most ready to talk about black lung are also the ones most interested in the legalization of smoking weed. I guess only certain lung ailments bother them.
So, no comparative studies of black lung deaths versus deaths from smoking pot? No understanding that one is a choice, and one is the result of an unsafe workplace?

So, no comparative studies of black lung deaths versus deaths from smoking pot? No understanding that one is a choice, and one is the result of an unsafe workplace?

Lol...I forgot all of those men are being thrown down into the mines, cheering any time a politician speaks out about them not having to work anymore. Ankle sprains are up to. Time to go after the NBA too I guess as I'm sure none of those player are aware of that risk either.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT