ADVERTISEMENT

Cash

I'm not the least bit interested in what he has to say. Prove it on the mat, talk is cheap. I'm sure he is a fine young man; but, we are talking about performance.
What did mommy not hold you enough when you were a kid or is it that you became a ref because you could not even win a participation trophy. Not every guy is a national champion even Hawkeyes!

I'm not the least bit interested in what he has to say. Prove it on the mat, talk is cheap. I'm sure he is a fine young man; but, we are talking about performance.

That was harsh.

It certainly was harsh. Hopefully texas twister has now had his morning coffee and realizes what he is saying with that post.

How about it @texas twister? Care to make any changes to that post, or do you truly place value of wrestlers solely on performance?

Reactions: pumpdog20
Quick SAB to change the mood around here......
54e24db3b88a3.image.jpg
Cash Wilcke
280full.jpg

Jack Noseworthy

I half thought he was kidding. A little rough on Cash. Cash may drive us nuts at times but I think he provides us the best chance to win this year.

I couldn’t agree more! He drives us crazy but i think his interview speaks volumes about what kind of young man he is as well as what kind of leader he is.

I thought at the beginning of this year, the path to a Championship would rely heavily on 84 and 41, two weights that have underwhelmed.

At 41 - Max looks like a much improved wrestler. He's figuring out how to complete takedowns and it's paying off in match points. At 84 - It's kind of a cluster still. I hope Abe is not pulled in and I think Cash, as always, has the tools on offense. The question still remains, will he use them. I hope so b/c if he stops allowing these close matches, and forces action, he's an easy AA and potential top 5 guy. That's the guy we need in March.

so because he is not a 2 time champ he has nothing worthy to say.
Not at all, IMO it is because he is a senior and has had so many losses that just make me shake my head. I think he has the talent and just needs to go out there and DO IT, hold nothing back type of thing.

Not at all, IMO it is because he is a senior and has had so many losses that just make me shake my head. I think he has the talent and just needs to go out there and DO IT, hold nothing back type of thing.
I understand your take and really want him to do well, and to turn it up for an AA finish this season. That said your comment about losses kind of caught me.. He's 71-32 a 69.9 (just had to be that number...) winning percentage. The first comparable wrestler as far as dropping odd matches was Phil Keddy. Phil was a three time all-american and had some serious hammers around him during his time, so I'm not necessarily comparing their careers. However, he was 102-42, a 70.8 winning percentage.

Cash has outplayed his coverage, but we all (myself, and I know Cash included) want more. Not trying to call anyone out, but I wanted to lend some perspective.

But you apparently care what anonymous strangers on the internet have to say? (who were almost all far worse at wrestling than Wilcke)

I'm not the least bit interested in what he has to say. Prove it on the mat, talk is cheap. I'm sure he is a fine young man; but, we are talking about performance

it is my sincere hope that Cash finishes as an AA. For team points this would be great but what might be a wee bit more satisfying would be for Cash to logon to this board and give us the old

61HcJ9YmK8L._SX425_.jpg

Is there a way to see what they weigh in Friday? I could see Nelson keeping within reach of 174 as a back up to both weights.

Let's just say for instance Cassioppi had a similar interview to what Cash just did. Do you think Texas Twister would have got on here and said talk is cheap Tony.. Yeah I don't think so. I mean what do you want him to say when he gets a camera in his face? Cash has my support 100%, and I wish the best for him come March.

Last edited:
I’m typically not one for “feel good” stories, but if Cash gets on the podium come March, it’ll be one of those stories. Cash has certainly taken his lumps and deserves the honor, but as Brands has said, through the tutelage of Gable, it’s not about what you deserve, it’s about what you earn. I hope come March Cash trusts in himself and realizes he is good enough to attack relentlessly for 7 minutes multiple times in a weekend and ends up with the hardware he earns.

it is my sincere hope that Cash finishes as an AA. For team points this would be great but what might be a wee bit more satisfying would be for Cash to logon to this board and give us the old

61HcJ9YmK8L._SX425_.jpg

that’s how many shots I would like to see Cash take in a match.

Harsh and unnecessary but no less true.
Prove 'em wrong Cash.
Repeat after me:
I will be on offense the whole match. I will not give up in the third period. I will stay focused until the last whistle.
I will be on offense the whole match. I will not give up in the third period. I will stay focused until the last whistle.
I will be on offense the whole match . . .

Last edited:
I’m typically not one for “feel good” stories, but if Cash gets on the podium come March, it’ll be one of those stories. Cash has certainly taken his lumps and deserves the honor, but as Brands has said, through the tutelage of Gable, it’s not about what you deserve, it’s about what you earn. I hope come March Cash trusts in himself and realizes he is good enough to attack relentlessly for 7 minutes multiple times in a weekend and ends up with the hardware he earns.
I guess that's the thing for me, IMO he passes the eye test in what an All-American "looks like" when you see him wrestle over time. And by that I mean he fits the weight well, he's got some quickness and toughness to him, and he shows some differing attacks ability like he has the skill.

He just doesn't bring that combination to fruition as often as others who on the surface possess similar characteristics. So why isn't he already an All-American after being a 3 year starter? That I couldn't tell you, but from an eye test perspective, he's got the goods, and has had for at least a year and probably two IMO.

So..........go get'em Big Fella!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT