ADVERTISEMENT

Catch-22s for ISU? Debt load, revenue gaps, NIL and recruiting

May 17, 2021
First, this is not a thread intended to pile on the former B12 or on Iowa State. I'd like an honest discussion. No more ridiculous claims about TV viewership in 2020. No more hurling of insults back and forth. Yes, this was, is, and always will be The Hawkeye State, and the nation has seen that Iowa is very much in a different league than ISU in sports and academics. Debate on that point is closed. But I know enough people who have attended ISU and so I'm curious about how things can proceed for Iowa State and Cyclone Nation, even if that Nation isn't nearly national enough to add value to any of the P4 national conferences.

Below are the aspects of the issue that ISU faces, good and bad, and I did my level best to find the good:

1. Debt Load, Debt-to Revenue ratios, and the possible one-time $50M payout from OU and UT

Cyclone fans continue to wave this windfall as something they could have brought to a major conference, and as a strength. Let's unpack this number.

Just before the C19 pandemic brought this country to its knees, ISU took out $60M in bonds for upgrades to JT stadium, as part of an $80M series of renovations. (Iowa completed $90M additions to Kinnick in 2019, but only $30M from bonds. See articles linked below for sources).

As the Board of Regents (BOR) will continue to face budgetary constraints - and as the economy faces a truly Great Depression once the Fed stops pumping trillions of funny money into corporate coffers, which is where most of it is going - and cannot give special treatment to ISU versus UI and UNI, won't they insist that ISU pays its own way?

C19 also caused a huge hit to the ISU athletic department's budget. Not as bad as expected, but bad.

"Hawkeye income was $35.8 million above expectations and Cyclone income was $15 million better than anticipated" says The Gazette about a month ago, based on numbers reported to the BOR.

Iowa had to borrow $50M from the main campus to finance its deficit, cut several sports, and took more losses due to cancelling half its season and allowing no fans into Kinnick, and a loss of millions from a cancelled bowl game when Missouri pulled out, but the strong ticket sales for 2021, ahead of this point in 2019, and all 9000 student season ticket packages sold out, are making up for the deficit. That $50M loan was issued before the $35.8M actual revised revenue above expectations, so the AD expects to repay this temporary loan by 2022, as current ticket sales and other revenues are ahead of 2019 (see articles below for sources).

Iowa's revenues were $152M in 2019 and the above article quotes the AD in saying that 2021 revenues are expected to match that, with expenses lower.

ISU's revenues are expected to be $98M this year.

The University of Iowa's $55M new football facility that opened at Iowa seven years back was funded mostly through PRIVATE DONATIONS, and the rest from regular AD revenues. NO LOANS. NO TAX DOLLARS. Impressive.

Here is the source on the above.

So over the last decade, both ISU and Iowa upgraded their facilities.

Iowa spent over $145M and borrowed $30M

ISU spent $80M and borrowed $60M.

Those debt to revenue ratios at ISU just don't look real good, and it's gonna get worse with a much diminished B12.

If I were a parent of a recruit, or a recruit him or herself,
I'd be quite wary about which horse I'm betting on and why.

2. New TV deal for B10 in 2023 expected to top expanded SEC

The SEC is expected to ink a $3B deal for the next five years, topping what the B10 signed six years ago valued at $2.6B, which was significantly ahead of even the SEC at the time. But the B10 will get a new deal in 2023 that's expected to top the SEC as did the current B10 contract. No conferences can compete with the B10 and SEC in terms of TV revenue.

No one knows what the deal would be, but based on trends, each B10 school is likely to see tens of millions of additional revenue per year starting with the new deal.

The new - or even expanded - B12 is expected to lose at least 50% of TV revenues after OU and UT leave.

The new B10 TV contract - sweetened with the significantly increased TV revenues expected resulting from the B10, P10, and ACC alliance - ensures Iowa's position long-term, and puts in some peril any institutions that are left out.

3. ISU and Stevens Auditorium - $20M in deferred maintenance

Pollard has expressed his frustration with the looming needs for renovations at Stevens.

Stevens Auditorium faces $20M in deferred maintenance alone, not to speak of the need for major upgrades. No, maintenance isn't really an upgrade. That white elephant is hanging onto the athletic department's budget. Right now, only plans exist to address the growing needs at Stevens.

4. Jack Trice renovations

Kinnick just completed a $90M renovation in 2019, mostly financed through major donations and the regular AD budget, but only $30M through bonds.

ISU's $80M project - stadium, walkway, other athletic buildings - was financed with $60M in bonds (article linked above). That's a disturbingly high ratio of bonds relative to donations and revenue-based financing. An ominous sign that has grown more ominous with the B12 falling apart.

5. ISU fan donations

The above article cites 2020 donations to ISU athletics topping $10M. But recognizing that ISU needed to borrow $30M more than Iowa for stadium and related facility upgrades, it seems that the ISU fanbase just doesn't have nearly as deep pockets as Iowa.

6. Diminished NIL opportunities for ISU athletes in all sports relative to B10 and SEC

Although I listed this last, it might just prove to be the most important relative to quality of the product on the field for ISU going forward, relative to Iowa and the big boys.

This SI article lays it out. With so many more eyeballs on the B10 and SEC going forward, especially after the alliance between B10/P10/ACC, top athletes are going to want to play on the biggest media stages, reaping the benefits of NIL. "No one really understands NIL going forward" is a good point, but the one most obvious point is that NIL earnings for individual athletes depend on the size of their following, and the larger the following, the more the eyeballs, the bigger the league media contracts and exposure of their programs, the higher the payout to them.

The upshot: NIL might just become the determinant for an ever-increasing gap between the big boys - B10 and SEC - and the hangers-on in the P4 (P10 and ACC), and even more so, from the left-outs.

So I'm sure I'm missing stuff, and I'm sure others will add on, but I see some looming questions for ISU going forward:

It seems clear that the $50M possible one-time payout to ISU is already $30M more than spoken for, with $60M in bonds for recent JT renovations, and the need for $20M in deferred maintenance to Stevens.

1. How does ISU manage its debt burden long-term?
2. How does ISU pay top dollar to retain or attract top coaching?
3. How does ISU budget for the loss of tens of millions in TV revenue starting in 2023 (or 2024?) when the current B12 contract expires?
4. What are ISU's prospects as an institution, relegated to a lower tier of an athletic and academic conference?

Again - please let's just have a fact-based, rational discussion. No insults. No gloating. I'm actually curious as a resident of Iowa what the picture is likely to be like in the short, medium, and long-term for ISU and for ISU relative to Iowa.

Last edited:
I've been watching the threads regarding their situation over on CF. With each passing day, they are becoming more and more unhinged. Some of the emotional bargaining mental gymnastics I see posted over there pushes me to almost pity them. It's really quite astonishing how their self-preservation is overcoming rationality.

The demise of Iowa State sports in every way shape and form is nothing but beneficial for the U of I. Our State has NO business having 2 major college programs with such a tiny population base.
1. Wisconsin- One single flagship University with major sports
2. Minnesota- One single flagship University with major sports
3. Nebraska- SAME
4. Illinois- SAME
If this goes the way it looks like its going...then it is fantastic for the U of Iowa Sports programs.

All of those questions you have above shouldn't have to be asked. Iowa is a small state and the University of Iowa has been established as the flagship school. Who couldn't have seen this coming. Who the heck approved all that stupid money being dumped into a school that was in a really really bad marriage with an abusive spouse (texas) EVERYONE knew Texas was going to leave leading to the demise of big 12.

The Big 12 has been a fragile mess for over a decade. It wasn't a matter of if, it was a matter of when this would happen.

I'm not sure who approved all that debt for ISU, I assume it was the BOR. If it was the BOR, then I am going to assume that they are a bunch of stupid idiots that don't understand the college business world. A bunch of blind stupid, impulsive fools.

Last edited:
Some questions -

1. Please explain the $50 million windfall. I've seen where TX and OK might have to pay $80 million in exit fees, but that doesn't equate to $50 million per school. I'm sure you are correct, but I have missed seeing it.

2. I see that the athletic dept "oversees" Stephens, but does that mean the budget is included in the athletic budget? Why would the athletic dept have to pay for deferred maintenance at an arts venue?

Some questions -

1. Please explain the $50 million windfall. I've seen where TX and OK might have to pay $80 million in exit fees, but that doesn't equate to $50 million per school. I'm sure you are correct, but I have missed seeing it.

2. I see that the athletic dept "oversees" Stephens, but does that mean the budget is included in the athletic budget? Why would the athletic dept have to pay for deferred maintenance at an arts venu
There used to be a rumor that the UofI Athletic Dept owns the Hospital parking ramps. That is a myth.

Duh. I forgot to include NIL, which I was supposed to have been building toward in the OP.

Here's what I added. Thoughts?

6. Diminished NIL opportunities for ISU athletes in all sports relative to B10 and SEC

This SI article published yesterday lays it out. With so many more eyeballs on the B10 and SEC going forward, especially after the alliance between B10/P10/ACC, top athletes are going to want to play on the biggest media stages, reaping the benefits of NIL. "No one really understands NIL going forward" is a good point, but the one most obvious point is that NIL earnings for individual athletes depend on the size of their following, and the larger the following, the more the eyeballs, the bigger the league media contracts and exposure of their programs, the higher the payout to them.

The upshot: NIL might just become the determinant for an ever-increasing gap between the big boys - B10 and SEC - and the hangers-on in the P4 (P10 and ACC), and even more so, from the left-outs.

I've been watching the threads regarding their situation over on CF. With each passing day, they are becoming more and more unhinged. Some of the emotional bargaining mental gymnastics I see posted over there pushes me to almost pity them. It's really quite astonishing how their self-preservation is overcoming rationality.

The demise of Iowa State sports in every way shape and form is nothing but beneficial for the U of I. Our State has NO business having 2 major college programs with such a tiny population base.
3. Nebraska- SAME
4. Illinois- SAME
If this goes the way it looks like its going...then it is fantastic for the U of Iowa Sports programs.

All of those questions you have above shouldn't have to be asked. Iowa is a small state and the University of Iowa has been established as the flagship school. Who couldn't have seen this coming. Who the heck approved all that stupid money being dumped into a school that was in a really really bad marriage with an abusive spouse (texas) EVERYONE knew Texas was going to leave leading to the demise of big 12.

The Big 12 has been a fragile mess for over a decade. It wasn't a matter of if, it was a matter of when this would happen.

I'm not sure who approved all that debt for ISU, I assume it was the BOR. If it was the BOR, then I am going to assume that they are a bunch of stupid idiots that don't understand the college business world. A bunch of blind stupid, impulsive fools.
C'mon. ISU sports won't die. They are just living far beyond their means as of right now, took on all that debt before they got shafted by UT and OU, and now they will pay the price in many ways. Pollard is a CPA, one of the Cyclone posters said on this forum, so he must know how dire the situation actually is, despite the efforts to spin things like a Cyclone. He's in an extremely tight spot. And it's getting tighter.

Duh. I forgot to include NIL, which I was supposed to have been building toward in the OP.

Here's what I added. Thoughts?

This SI article published yesterday lays it out. With so many more eyeballs on the B10 and SEC going forward, especially after the alliance between B10/P10/ACC, top athletes are going to want to play on the biggest media stages, reaping the benefits of NIL. "No one really understands NIL going forward" is a good point, but the one most obvious point is that NIL earnings for individual athletes depend on the size of their following, and the larger the following, the more the eyeballs, the bigger the league media contracts and exposure of their programs, the higher the payout to them.

It's too soon to make proclamations about NIL and how it will play out. One could make the argument that a big fish in a small pond (think a good player at North Dakota State) might get more NIL opportunities than a good player at Northwestern. Northwestern is in Chicago market, with sports fandom dominated by Bears and a host of other teams based on where the residents grew up. Of course, there are plenty of rich Northwestern alums who could just say they are going to pay a guy to represent their company.

3. Nebraska- SAME
4. Illinois- SAME

Illinois is not the same, unless you forget about Northwestern.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
(think a good player at North Dakota State) might get more NIL opportunities than a good player at Northwestern.
I'm thinking Arnies Car Country in Minot or the Dairy Shed in Fargo ain't gonna pay out quite the same as the Chicago Market. You might be correct. Hundreds of Lawn Care, Small Engine Repair, Septic service company contracts might be more opportunities...but the payout wouldn't even come close. NIL is for eyeballs.

Some questions -

2. I see that the athletic dept "oversees" Stephens, but does that mean the budget is included in the athletic budget? Why would the athletic dept have to pay for deferred maintenance at an arts venue?
This windfall is speculative, and would be decided in the courts. As I've read, they are talking payouts per school for something like $50M, but obviously could be more, but probably ends up being less. Promises to be a drawn-out legal battle, I'd guess, so no one should be counting on this money anytime soon. I just found it incredibly optimistic, let's just say, that many Clone fans and even "journalists" were waving that number around as if it's cash in hand to attract B10 conference membership. Must have caused not a few chuckles among the power-brokers.

As with many things at big institutions, my sense is that ISU's Athletic Department mostly is and somewhat isn't financially responsible for Stevens. Here is a statement from the ISU President on the matter. The main university shoved Stevens over onto the AD for "management", and Pollard has videos and statements out there on fundraising for Stevens, so it seems that Pollard and his department are more budgetarily responsible for Stevens than ISU itself. One reason why Pollard was quoted a number of times in the last two years complaining about that responsibility.

I'd be surprised if any other athletic department in the B12, or any former P5 conference program, is responsible for an arts facility. Seems like a sign of desperation from ISU's administration. It means that Stevens is a major budget sink, and they don't have the funds even for overdue maintenance, much less a real upgrade.

Maybe Clone fans can clarify, but Stevens is far from self-sustaining. It needs huge repairs and upgrades. $20M for sure. And donors haven't stepped forward. And the pandemic will continue to hit it hard.

Iowa's new Hancher Auditorium is already iconic, has been featured in national media several times, including a hilarious Saturday Night Live skit (spelling bee), and will remain state of the art for years to come.

Most important: Hancher is not a drain on the UI or the athletic department.

The new Hancher opened five years ago and cost $176M.

I'm not sure ISU supporters, or the Iowa Legislature/Regents, can find that kind of cash.

Some questions -

Yeah, I wondered about the $50 too? I read the pay out as $150 total, and that would be divided 8 ways?

I don’t know if it’s still the case. It may have changed years ago, but Iowa State didn’t used to own Stephens, Fisher, and maybe even Hilton. They were all linked, and maybe leased from the state? Somebody will know the details. I’m probably butchering them. I’m sure ISU owns them now, but if not, that explain some of it.

As with many things at big institutions, my sense is that ISU's Athletic Department mostly is and somewhat isn't financially responsible for Stevens. Here is a statement from the ISU President on the matter. The main university shoved Stevens over onto the AD for "management", and Pollard has videos and statements out there on fundraising for Stevens, so it seems that Pollard and his department are more budgetarily responsible for Stevens than ISU itself. One reason why Pollard was quoted a number of times in the last two years complaining about that responsibility.

I'd be surprised if any other athletic department in the B12, or any former P5 conference program, is responsible for an arts facility. Seems like a sign of desperation from ISU's administration. It means that Stevens is a major budget sink, and they don't have the funds even for overdue maintenance, much less a real upgrade.

Maybe Clone fans can clarify, but Stevens is far from self-sustaining. It needs huge repairs and upgrades. $20M for sure. And donors haven't stepped forward. And the pandemic will continue to hit it hard.

Iowa's new Hancher Auditorium is already iconic, has been featured in national media several times, including a hilarious Saturday Night Live skit (spelling bee), and will remain state of the art for years to come.

I'm not sure ISU supporters, or the Iowa Legislature/Regents, can find that kind of cash.
Why does the Farm School even have a theater/auditorium? Do they even have a fine arts program in Ames?

Your posts boil down to two points.
1. Iowa is stronger financially than ISU.
2. The departure of OU and UT constitutes a serious financial hit for ISU.

You are correct on both points.

One thing is clear. Separate from what happens on the field in Ames, there will be some extremely challenging days ahead for ISU.

I suspect their days of trying to be like Big Brother are coming to a screeching halt.

SEVERAL huge donors will need to step up to fill the coming void.

Reactions: bojihawk
Your posts boil down to two points.
1. Iowa is stronger financially than ISU.
2. The departure of OU and UT constitutes a serious financial hit for ISU.

You are correct on both points.
3. Iowa State will eventually be designated where it should have been a long time ago in a state with our population. A Mid-Major directional type State University. It's the farm school for farm kids. Somewhere somebody lost sight of that and that poor vision is putting ISU in serious trouble.

I’m guessing ISU pushed renovations and improvements in case this happened. Get better facilities in hopes they could latch on to another conference in case the Big12 folded. Gambled. We shall we if that pays off or hangs them.

Reactions: MitchLL
I don't understand how it works, but I think ISU had set up some kind of quasi-corps for administration of Fisher/Stevens even Hilton at one point. This included the dorms too, RCA, Towers etc. I never understood it, hopefully someone can enlighten me.

And in response to paednoch23 I have never understood how ISU has consistently gotten more, and bigger entertainment acts than Iowa. I remember when the prick Alford complained about a concert in Carver altering practice time.....Carver really hasn't had anything for years.

Yeah, I wondered about the $50 too? I read the pay out as $150 total, and that would be divided 8 ways?

I don’t know if it’s still the case. It may have changed years ago, but Iowa State didn’t used to own Stephens, Fisher, and maybe even Hilton. They were all linked, and maybe leased from the state? Somebody will know the details. I’m probably butchering them. I’m sure ISU owns them now, but if not, that explain some of it.
Stephens, Scheman and Hilton were the responsiblity of an entity called the Iowa State Center from the time they were built (around 1970) until relatively recently (the last 12-15 years, IIRC). The AD paid rent whenever it used Hilton.

Hilton was transferred to the AD quite a few years ago, the other two buildings more recently. Maintenance on Stephens has been neglected for a long, long time, according to what I've read.

This windfall is speculative, and would be decided in the courts. As I've read, they are talking payouts per school for something like $50M, but obviously could be more, but probably ends up being less. Promises to be a drawn-out legal battle, I'd guess, so no one should be counting on this money anytime soon. I just found it incredibly optimistic, let's just say, that many Clone fans and even "journalists" were waving that number around as if it's cash in hand to attract B10 conference membership. Must have caused not a few chuckles among the power-brokers.

As I understand it, Texas and OU have fulfilled their legal obligation to provide notice to the Big 12 that they are leaving. If they want to leave before the current GOR is up then they would have a $70-$80M exit fee to leave early. If they stay until the GOR is up I am not sure how they get any payout at all.

The remaining 8 are playing a game of chicken with Texas and OU right now. If Texas and OU call their bluff the remaining 8 are in a difficult position as they can’t leave the league without a $70-$80m exit fee themselves but then are in no position to negotiate another GOR with media partners either.

I expect some deal will be worked out and the actual exit fee is less than the stipulated $70-$80m.

I don't understand how it works, but I think ISU had set up some kind of quasi-corps for administration of Fisher/Stevens even Hilton at one point. This included the dorms too, RCA, Towers etc. I never understood it, hopefully someone can enlighten me.

And in response to paednoch23 I have never understood how ISU has consistently gotten more, and bigger entertainment acts than Iowa. I remember when the prick Alford complained about a concert in Carver altering practice time.....Carver really hasn't had anything for years.
Iowa State hasn't had a concert in Hilton since 2009. Not sure what your point is. The Big Central Iowa concert venue is Wells Fargo in DSM.

Stephens, Scheman and Hilton were the responsiblity of an entity called the Iowa State Center from the time they were built (around 1970) until relatively recently (the last 12-15 years, IIRC). The AD paid rent whenever it used Hilton.

Hilton was transferred to the AD quite a few years ago, the other two buildings more recently. Maintenance on Stephens has been neglected for a long, long time, according to what I've read.
All of the Architecture from that era including Scheman, Stephens, and Hilton was based off f the soviet bloc theme. The press box at Trice resembles something right out of Pripyat, Ukraine. Just horrifying concrete mausoleum-esque structures. You could film a North Korean-themed Movie on parts of the ISU campus. w

Last edited:
If the rest of the conference (big 12) decides to add teams, does that nullify their GOR contract? Adding teams is essentially changing the conference. I'm guessing they are going to invite any teams starting after 2025? Gawd that is going to kill recruiting for Ames.

Reactions: HawkeyeLaker
There is zero chance there is a $50M per school payout. Fantasy land.

OU and UT are contractually obligated to payout around $75M. Other teams that have left conferences in the last decade have settled for 40 to 60% of what they owe. So we're likely going to see each school pay $30M to $45M to the remaining members. Given the large numbers, I'm guessing closer to 40%.

So a combined ~$60M will go to the remaining 8, roughly $8M per school. At the high end, they'd get ~$11M per school.

That is a nice little check, but their annual rights fees payouts are going to drop something like $20M per year once those two schools leave.

This is far far far from a windfall.

I agree with the architecture; a concrete magnate's wet dream. Wasn't aware that Hilton quit having concerts. It is settled then, bulldoze the ****ing place and turn it back into a cornfield. Iowa tax payers won't have to pay to support it.

There used to be a rumor that the UofI Athletic Dept owns the Hospital parking ramps. That is a myth.

I don't think so. In 2006 my son spent several months at the Hospital, and I was told that the Athletic Dept did own "some" of the ramps, which is why they didn't have free parking for parents. Hospital social workers did, however, give us vouchers to pay for parking that came out of the hospital budget.

Anyway, that's what we were told. They had no reason to make that up.

Which State School Other than Illinois is in a P5 Conference again? And whats the population of the state of Illinois compared to Iowa Again.?
You didn't make the public/private distinction in your post. You asked what states have multiple big time programs. Your Illinois is incorrect without the criteria you later threw out.

Hope that helps.

• Wow
Reactions: szohn
I don't think so. In 2006 my son spent several months at the Hospital, and I was told that the Athletic Dept did own "some" of the ramps, which is why they didn't have free parking for parents. Hospital social workers did, however, give us vouchers to pay for parking that came out of the hospital budget.

You didn't make the public/private distinction in your post. You asked what states have multiple big time programs. Your Illinois is incorrect without the criteria you later threw out.

Hope that helps.
It helps. Northwestern isn't controlled by any state board of regents. Iowa State is.

3. Nebraska- SAME
4. Illinois- SAME

The BOR would have had to have approved it.

Assume they own the ramps you can pay to park in on game day. The one along Melrose maybe. You can advance pay to park on game days.

There is zero chance there is a $50M per school payout. Fantasy land.

OU and UT are contractually obligated to payout around $75M. Other teams that have left conferences in the last decade have settled for 40 to 60% of what they owe. So we're likely going to see each school pay $30M to $45M to the remaining members. Given the large numbers, I'm guessing closer to 40%.

So a combined ~$60M will go to the remaining 8, roughly $8M per school. At the high end, they'd get ~$11M per school.

That is a nice little check, but their annual rights fees payouts are going to drop something like $20M per year once those two schools leave.

This is far far far from a windfall.
The best thing that could happen for them is to get a quick payout and add to the Little 8. Play games on off days and times so get wider exposure. Beg Barta to keep game and play it in Kinnick.

If the rest of the conference (big 12) decides to add teams, does that nullify their GOR contract? Adding teams is essentially changing the conference. I'm guessing they are going to invite any teams starting after 2025? Gawd that is going to kill recruiting for Ames.
It will hurt some for sure and I doubt Campbell sticks around for that. But even UNI gets some good players that are underrated and come in and develop. The thing that will really kill these teams are when they find the rough gem and develop him for a year or two they bolt in the portal to a big time league. They will just be farm teams for the bigger league. Like we are AAA and they will be AA teams.

Reactions: jo12208
Iowa State hasn't had a concert in Hilton since 2009. Not sure what your point is. The Big Central Iowa concert venue is Wells Fargo in DSM.
Why did they quit having them at Hilton also? Saw Van Halen there back in the 1980s. Was a great show.

All of the Architecture from that era including Scheman, Stephens, and Hilton was based off f the soviet bloc theme. The press box at Trice resembles something right out of Pripyat, Ukraine. Just horrifying concrete mausoleum-esque structures. You could film a North Korean-themed Movie on parts of the ISU campus. w
That would explain why Stephens was named "Building of the Century" by the American Institute of Architects. They're a bunch of commies.

Reactions: TunzaHawk
Jamie should have never borrowed so much money against future TV revenues. I honestly can’t believe the BOR let him do that, especially since 2010-11 when the Big 12 almost imploded the first time. In addition, he bonded a lot of these facilities out for 40 years or more so these payments are going to saddle the athletic department for generations.

I expect the BOR will help them out by forgiving debt and allowing some direct financial assistance institutionally, as well as beefing up student fees, once the money runs out from Texas and Oklahoma leaving. My guess is that the Big 12 is going to stay together thru ‘25, neither institution wants to pay legal fees or have TV revenue stripped, and they can get out for free in ‘25. The Big 12 will end up poaching some schools from the American after that.

In 15 years, you’re not going to see much difference between the quality of the Big 12, the American, and Conference USA. Around that time, the Iowa AD will be able to stop home and homes with ISU.

That would explain why Stephens was named "Building of the Century" by the American Institute of Architects. They're a bunch of commies.

It is the architecture school in Iowa. Not sure who designed the stadium back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT