ADVERTISEMENT

Cayman Islands Classic TV Coverage

I dont think its $12 ..you are charged $150.00 on your credit card..which computes to $12...

I believe the fee for one month is $29.95...I have emailed Flohoops to confirm.

They mentioned on twitter they’d be including BTN plus with their package so you’d pay $30 for the entire thing. Or if you just wanted BTN Plus it would be $10 but you wouldn’t get to watch the Cayman games. Tough call.

I dont think its $12 ..you are charged $150.00 on your credit card..which computes to $12...

I believe the fee for one month is $29.95...I have emailed Flohoops to confirm.

Geez, that's a pretty steep price to pay to watch three games.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Here is the reply..will need to pay the $29.95 monthly fee then cancel the monthly subscription to avoid getting charged another monthly fee.

Doug (Customer Support)

Oct 24, 16:18 CDT

Unfortunately, we do not offer a pay-per-view type of service. If you'd like to view the event, you'll need to purchase the monthly subscription. Then, you can cancel your subscription in your account settings to avoid an automatic renewal charge, but still retain access for the entire monthly cycle.

The Cayman Islands were largely settled by castoffs, refugees and shipwrecked sailors, a lawless society well into the 19th Century. Surely there must be a pirate broadcast of this basketball tournament.

It sounds like they organized this Flohoops we speak of...

So, internet radio for me...it that...or ESPN and watching the play by play info as it scrolls along.

Back to the old days(even before I was born) and listen to Bobby and Dolph on AM 1040. There will be the usual radio coverage, right?

Seems like every season we go backwards in regard to TV coverage of our preconference games. What's next? Iowa/Iowa St. pay per view? Oops! Don't want to give them any ideas!

6 games on BTN Plus( $10/month)
3 games, Caymen Tourney ($30)

any nonconference games i am missing where there is an additional fee to watch?

Reactions: RLMHAWK
Guys, it's 2017. There will be a thread the day of the game on here with several links I'm sure, and if not they aren't posted here there is usually ways to find them. There's no reason to pay to stream any games online...

Guys, it's 2017. There will be a thread the day of the game on here with several links I'm sure, and if not they aren't posted here there is usually ways to find them. There's no reason to pay to stream any games online...
That's what I'm hoping for, too ...

Guys, here's what I found out talking to the person who runs FloHoops. It will be $29.95 for a month. So if you sign up you would get access to all the BTN Plus games along with the three games in the Cayman's in November. You can cancel after that. It will include the exhibition games coming up Friday night and next Thursday. Basically, it's 8 games in the next month for 30 bucks, which isn't a bad deal given the circumstance.

Guys, here's what I found out talking to the person who runs FloHoops. It will be $29.95 for a month. So if you sign up you would get access to all the BTN Plus games along with the three games in the Cayman's in November. You can cancel after that. It will include the exhibition games coming up Friday night and next Thursday. Basically, it's 8 games in the next month for 30 bucks, which isn't a bad deal given the circumstance.
Tom do you know if the FloSports people will have on demand capabilities? The Cayman games are during the workday and probably won’t get to watch until they are over. Same goes for BTN Plus. Is that stuff on demand as well?

Tom do you know if the FloSports people will have on demand capabilities? The Cayman games are during the workday and probably won’t get to watch until they are over. Same goes for BTN Plus. Is that stuff on demand as well?

Yes, asked them about it last night and they will archive all games so you can watch when you would like.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Thanks for the info, Tom, but I suspect that a lot of us have already ponied up the $9.95 for the month of BTN+.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case. The deal with Flo to broadcast the BTN Plus games was announced this week, as was the Cayman coverage. Not ideal for fans who have planned ahead.

So, did the University agree to play in this event knowing that 90% of Iowa fans would not be able to watch these 3 games without shelling out an exorbitant amount of money? Iowa is a team from a power 5 conference isn't it? Pretty BS if you ask me....

Yea..... What is the point of the BTN again? First we have to pay for BTN "plus", now we have to buy another stream service.

I have dropped membership to this site, BTN, BT2GO, Dish/DirectTV, any monetary cash grab to watch/follow sports. I have been using the linked replays & free audio for the games! All I can say is I'm saving a bunch of cash! I will continue to use free options to evaluate the sports team I love & also go to the games.

Reactions: nu2u and CF_93
I’m sorry with all the channels and prices today it’s a joke to pay btn even for small $10 fee and this BS for Caymen islands tourney. Telling me espnu fs1 or freaking trutv that airs ncaa tourney games can’t air this tourney. Sad that 15-20 years ago didn’t have to worry with espn + but now we can’t see least half non conf games any more.

Yea..... What is the point of the BTN again? First we have to pay for BTN "plus", now we have to buy another stream service.
Have to agree. I've had BTN+ for awhile. I'll keep it, but let me get this straight. So, we get all the games we select in our packages for around 10 bucks a month on BTN+. But, we can't get the Cayman Classic on BTN+ because Flo Sports owns the rights to coverage.

If I purchase the Flo Sports package, I get the tourney coverage and BTN games as well, for the duration of my contract. Is that right? I wish the situation was reversed so that BTN+ subscribers would get the coverage if their team is included in their BTN+ package and participates in the tourney.

Flo Sports gets the money from loyal BTN+ customers who can't watch it on BTN+, and BTN gets lots of coverage for their own network.

Where then, do we as loyal customers fit in with this? LOL. :mad::(

cough-ahem

google - "ncaa basketball steams reddit". links right there, will fill up with links on gamedays.

any other sport just replace ncaa basketball with x sport "CFB streams reddit" "nfl steams reddit" ect.

have fun!

is that the same as "cbs sports network" that is on ps vue?

They don't pay these kids but they want us to pay 37 different places to watch the games? Yeah, I don't think so :).
no those are regional sports channels I believe. i don't think any of them are the "digital" channel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT