ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports: Iowa reloading after Caitlin Clark departure: Hawkeyes add Lucy Olsen, expect improvement from within

shikreto

HR MVP
Mar 31, 2022
UConn Country

Glad to see Jensen believes in Jada so much that she’ll mention her in an interview like this. I’ve been patiently waiting for her to get a turn. I mentioned this in another thread but there is an ex-Iowa football player on Reddit who claims to have a few connections within the program, and he recently said that he hears the Wbb staff is pretty high on her heading into next year.

Last edited:

Glad to see Jensen believes in Jada so much that she’ll mention her in an interview like this. I’ve been patiently waiting for her to get a turn. I mentioned this in another thread but there is an ex-Iowa football player on Reddit who claims to have a few connections within the program, and he recently said that he hears the Wbb staff is pretty high on her heading into next year.

Hopefully she’ll be so good we have “that” contingent complaining why she didn’t play last year….

That would be a lot of fun for everyone. If HS and SA take the leap I “see” and Lucy adjusts quickly, we will have another really good year.

Even when Jada was a freshman she had some very smooth post moves in the few minutes she played.
Wasnt she still a redshirt frosh just this last season? The little I saw her this last season her shot looks good as does her ballhandling. Will she be tough of Dee? I hope she becomes a star.

I know AAU ball isn't B1G basketball but when I saw video of her I couldn't wait to see her in a Hawkeye uniform. Recruiting gurus somethings hook on recruits as favorites and pull for their development and progress.

Jada was a 4 star recruit and looked darned good competing against like players on the AAU circuit. Her laid back demeanor and lack of aggression is endearing but does not conform to Big Ten rigor. I hope to see her turn up the wick and push and shove with the best of them.

Reactions: shikreto
I know AAU ball isn't B1G basketball but when I saw video of her I couldn't wait to see her in a Hawkeye uniform. Recruiting gurus somethings hook on recruits as favorites and pull for their development and progress.

Jada was a 4 star recruit and looked darned good competing against like players on the AAU circuit. Her laid back demeanor and lack of aggression is endearing but does not conform to Big Ten rigor. I hope to see her turn up the wick and push and shove with the best of them.
Jada alluded to this in a recent podcast interview. She said Raina is working on getting her to be more selfish and aggressive.

Also learned that her freshman year she was out for a full month due to a concussion — she said it not only affected her athletic life, it also impacted her academics. The ankle sprain that sidelined her further (and to which I erroneously attributed her entire absence) happened only few days after she returned to practice. She could not have asked for a worse start to her freshman year.

Last edited:
Jada alluded to this in a recent podcast interview. She said Raina is working on getting her to be more selfish and aggressive.

Also learned that her freshman year she was out for a full month due to a concussion — she said it not only affected her athletic life, it also impacted her academics. The ankle sprain that sidelined her further (and to which I erroneously attributed her entire absence) happened only few days after she returned to practice. She could not have asked for a worse start to her freshman year.

I'm not aiming criticism at her but want her to be more competitive. So much so I'd rather see her develop than bring a transfer in. I wasn't aware of the injury and have a history of concussion related injuries with lifetime effects. So, I'm understanding with this.

I'm not aiming criticism at her but want her to be more competitive. So much so I'd rather see her develop than bring a transfer in. I wasn't aware of the injury and have a history of concussion related injuries with lifetime effects. So, I'm understanding with this.
Wasn’t accusing you of anything! Just agreeing and sharing info gleaned from that podcast :)

Reactions: ft254
The Caitlin Clarke era was a Cinderella story missing the Glass Slipper, but I'm looking forward to the new edition.

I can't wait to see the new team take the floor.

We won't see the 30' bombs unless Taylor muscles up.
The 3/4 length passes or between the legs, behind the back spot-on passes.
Last second, game winning shots to ensure seedings or championships.
Packed arenas and sellout crowds.

Though act to follow but CC built a foundation capable of a palace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT