ADVERTISEMENT

CDC says to expect coronavirus to spread across US

Yep; lack of top-down preparations.

Local hospitals and clinics are doing what they can, but it's slower and later than it could have been. Kits could have been distributed regionally for same-day use.

As I've already noted: CDC no longer had boots on the ground in China to observe this firsthand when it broke out in December. We likely lost a full month in response time.

The antiviral drug could have started trials in mid-January, not end of February. Testing on the accuracy of the diagnostics could have been over a month in advance.

This is what a clown-show administration does: they didn't cause the outbreak, but they made us much much slower in responding to it. Lost time means the difference between regional or local control, and full on pandemic.

Thanks, Trump.

I think now it is just wait and see and hope the mortality rate is low. Funny thing about America is our money, culture, and society make us more susceptible to these things compared to poorer nations. We are the most mobile society in the world. Most of us have cars. Think of all the places you have gone the last month. All the restaurants, all the trips to sporting events or movies or concerts, all the visits to other towns for work or pleasure...

Reactions: BelemNole
On 9/11/01, the nyc pd shut down all transportation in and out of the city. This shutdown included all tunnels, bridges and public idea of transportation. No one could leave. It’s not out of question that the nyc govt is beyond locking people withIn the city.

except they would have to shut down for months... it will not work well here.

Reactions: Joes Place
28 confirmed cases in California now also.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-live-updates-Trump-to-hold-news-15085591.php

10:58 a.m. Health officials offer breakdown on total CA cases: In total, 33 people in the state have tested positive for the coronavirus, said Dr. Sonia Y. Angell, director of the California Department of Public Health. Of this total, five have been moved out of state; twenty-four were on flights from affected regions; another seven were travel-related; one person came into contact with someone who was infected; and one case in Solano County, a woman, came from an unknown origin.

1 p.m. Dog in Hong Kong tests positive for virus

Officials from Hong Kong's Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department said a pet dog has tested positive for coronavirus.

The agency said it received a referral Feb. 26 from the Hong Kong Department of Health after the dog’s owner tested positive. While the dog didn’t have any relevant symptoms, it did test a weak positive and is being kept in quarantine for further testing.

"The AFCD does not have evidence that pet animals can be infected with COVID-19 virus or can be a source of infection to people," the agency said in a statement.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

In May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced. The global health section of the CDC was so drastically cut in 2018 that much of its staff was laid off and the number of countries it was working in was reduced from 49 to merely 10. Meanwhile, throughout 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development and its director, Mark Green, came repeatedly under fire from both the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. And though Congress has so far managed to block Trump administration plans to cut the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps by 40 percent, the disease-fighting cadres have steadily eroded as retiring officers go unreplaced.

Public health advocates have been ringing alarm bells to no avail. Klain has been warning for two years that the United States was in grave danger should a pandemic emerge.

ALL of the above is 100% on the Trump Admin.

By all means......let’s fan the flames of panic and mass hysteria. With luck, we can destroy our economy, cause food shortages, and overtax health services. Keep people from going to work so they will no longer be earning a paycheck.

Then after we lay the blame on Trump, we can call it a day secure in the satisfaction we scored some political points.

"Hey, Tom Brady, Bill B!

Bob Kraft here. Imma cut our payroll by 80% and I need you to make sure we compete for a playoff spot again next year. Yep, I think we'll be last in the league in payroll, but I'm sure we can be every bit as good and perform on the field with no downside. Need you to lead the team to victory!!!"

Perhaps it doesn't sound "dumb" to you when it's CDC functionality. But it sure as hell sounds moronic when you put it in NFL payroll context, don't it?

Or do you still think it seems totes "normal" here?
Who should hold responsibility for the lack of timely actions?

Actual questions for you to address.

Schools are closing around the world and California is monitoring 8400 for possible Coronavirus.

So.

When does the panic start? Will it be pandemonium at the grocery stores this weekend?

except they would have to shut down for months... it will not work well here.

P9JRcGxtccrs_Bc4klN7g8PEcnnDu-zul4_LIfrjFDsiAxIufdSmoWRNt9l2JJdXUWRBNZqtSAi-fC9p_pYHymHc0307dogMvVr6ej7Js79lqETQhKMY9DQDjKuz0Iq7p33hv-iofdujh40LYvu8G8lQIZfJGX5RCrH6c38

Schools are closing around the world and California is monitoring 8400 for possible Coronavirus.

So.

When does the panic start? Will it be pandemonium at the grocery stores this weekend?
I think Oskaloosa, Iowa will be fine this weekend.

Seems like you'd prefer to ignore the problem and risks, and have Trump continue to tell you "All is Well"
No, I am all for taking the common sense route as recommended by health professionals, instead of trying to induce panic and mass hysteria (which will make things 10x worse) like you and others are trying to do. Not to mention blaming this 100% on Trump so your “side” can score political points.

No, I am all for taking the common sense route as recommended by health professionals

"Health professionals" recommended we keep that Pandemic Response group in place, and maintain funding for CDC monitoring, so these things could be stamped out like Ebola and SARs before they spread worldwide.

Or....is that TOO MUCH common sense?

Not to mention blaming this 100% on Trump so your “side” can score political points.

Trump owns it. He destroyed the capability of sniffing these things out early, before they turned into pandemic wildfires.

He continues to tell you "we'll be fine in the US and it won't come here".
It's here.

Trump owns it. He destroyed the capability of sniffing these things out early, before they turned into pandemic wildfires.

He continues to tell you "we'll be fine in the US and it won't come here".
It's here.
No, Trump doesn’t own this. Take the political blinders off.

"Health professionals" recommended we keep that Pandemic Response group in place, and maintain funding for CDC monitoring, so these things could be stamped out like Ebola and SARs before they spread worldwide.

Or....is that TOO MUCH common sense?
You are not very bright.

But.....keep fanning the flames. When this country has been destroyed economically you can pat yourself on the back.

My political blinders are off.

Trump took apart the CDC and government functionality to respond to this early. We lost well over a month tracking and addressing it because of that.

Virus started in December. We weren't acting on any of it until mid-January.

You break it, you buy it. Trump owns it.

You are not very bright.

But.....keep fanning the flames. When this country has been destroyed economically you can pat yourself on the back.

Cognitive dissonance is preventing you from integrating the facts here.
Read them again.

You are not very bright.

"Hey, Tom Brady, Bill B!

Bob Kraft here. Imma cut our payroll by 80% and I need you to make sure we compete for a playoff spot again next year. Yep, I think we'll be last in the league in payroll, but I'm sure we can be every bit as good and perform on the field with no downside. Need you to lead the team to victory!!!"

Cognitive dissonance is preventing you from integrating the facts here.
Read them again.
I know the facts, and I know people like you are trying to induce panic and mass hysteria. You don’t care that it will only make things 10x worse.

I know the facts, and I know people like you are trying to induce panic and mass hysteria. You don’t care that it will only make things 10x worse.

Voting for an incompetent administration for another 4 years will make this, and other things, 10x worse.

As I've informed you already, our response to this was likely delayed at least one full month. That's one month earlier to have test kits out (which are only being available as of this weekend).That's one month earlier we could have been testing antivirals in China, BEFORE this became a local pandemic. That's one month earlier this might have been kept local, like SARs and Ebola (using the tools Bush II and Obama created EXACTLY for that purpose).

What's utterly stupid is dismantling that capability, and expecting no bad outcomes. What utterly stupider is NOT holding those accountable who did that, and getting them the f*** out of office.

If not for Trump, there would never have been more than ONE case of this virus in the entire world. Our miracle epidemic response teams would have stamped it out Jason Bourne style before the Chinese even knew there was a virus. Might have even involved time travel. F'ing Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT