ADVERTISEMENT

CEO pay?

What is reasonable ceo pay?

• Total voters
That’s because there is no correct answer and that the circumstances dictate that. CEO pay is often tied heavily to the performance of the company on Wall Street, at least in public companies while average labor is focused on a small function of the company. Average labor can vary widely by industry and scale of the operation
The question is asking about where should the average be near. The 10x from 70 years ago, the 350x that is the avg now? More?

I'm not a republican, it's just that they're more the party of common sense at this time in history. Answer the question.

It's definitely true of the political class, which consists of Ds and Rs.
LOL. Your question is simpleminded - it's neither completely true or completely false but that's something republicans and those of you who aspouse similar ideology but are embarrassed to be called republican cannot grasp.

I don’t even talk shop here

You've admitted to being a "bull" here. Probably because your hair dressing ex-wife took most of your practice profits and you needed some walking around money. I'd probably keep it hush/hush too considering how she took you to the cleaners. Still one of my favorite stories on OT, even with Soybean's fiction

I would like to see how a doctors salary with relation to the average worker back than has increased. Same with a lawyer.
The fact is the rich are getting richer and a good amount of the middle class are falling into poverty. It isn’t just the CEO’s.

i bet the ceo of chipotle actually added far greater return for shareholders than the average worker did.

This metric is hardly ever useful when discussing inequality. Tough to expect CEOs to be anywhere near in line with unskilled grunt work, and for many big companies, that is their average laborer.
In 2014 Chipotle employed ~50k workers.
Now they employ ~115k workers.

So just how much would your 2014 $1,000 belief in Chipotle’s fast food business model be worth today? As of April 3, 2024, your $1,000 would have grown to $5,072. That’s a return of 407%. Put another way, the chain’s share price in April of 2014 was $571. As of April 3, 2024, it stood at $2,896.

$69.8 billion dollar market cap from $21.2 billion in 2014.

What are the decisions with those results worth?

The market tells you.

That's not the case at all. They can do much better if the company does well but they are contracted with enormous pay and benefit packages regardless of the results. They also get huge buyouts if they fail. If they were tied completely to performance there might be some justification but that's not the case. And it's not just CEOs who get tremendous compensation packages.
He gives the ceo way too much credit. Just like the average worker is easily replaceable so is the ceo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT