ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

We lost Chittum without them EVEN BEING ON CAMPUS.

But sure the other athletes are just playing coy with Tom when they say if Ferrari comes they're gone.

Chit never signed. If he did, Daddy would lose control to the very end. Daddy kept his options open. No way I'd put up with giving up control to a parent or any self respecting coach/person/businessman

So now losing the PFP #1 recruit for the EXPRESS reason of the Ferrari's is "no iowa guy has left" ????

Bob. You're better than this.
Better than what?

Facts are the facts. Chit was never fully on board, due to Daddy. Keep your soul man, don't give it up. Sure, it's be great to have him, but better to keep self respect. That's just me being better than you

Better than what?

Facts are the facts. Chit was never fully on board, due to Daddy. Keep your soul man, don't give it up. Sure, it's be great to have him, but better to keep self respect. That's just me being better than you
Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the other side of the story.

Better than what?

Bob I have never met you but i respect your calm and calculated responses and appreciate your refusal to sell the farm because it rained really hard a few times. I also respect the fact that you refuse to get involved with some of these wannabe jackasses who spew their nonsense and hatred for the Iowa program yet come back every day and engage the fans. You provide some great facts to an otherwise muddy situation and that clarity is much needed as of late. Lets all keep the faith and support whomever takes the mat for the Hawkeyes... this recruit drama gets old quickly in my opinion. I do feel strongly that we need a full time Director of recruiting and if we pair that "right choice" with the New Facility we can get back on track .

Not REMOTELY close. Kerk was a top 5 recruit coming off injury and undersized. Cass wasn't ahead of him 5 years of DI wrestling. Once Kerk got healthy and gained some size he was simply a better wrestler.
Was Kerk injured in 21-22 when Cass beat him twice? Also Davison started at 197, so he has also been gaining size. This was his second season at heavy. So really is it as different as you are saying?

Reactions: hlstone
Was Kerk injured in 21-22 when Cass beat him twice? Also Davison started at 197, so he has also been gaining size. This was his second season at heavy. So really is it as different as you are saying?
Yes, it is monumentally different. Kerk was 10xs the recruit. It wasn't development he ever needed. Simply the health to be able to move like he wanted and get his body to the right size. Ker was ALWAYS a better wrestler than Cass. He simply didn't have the mobility, size and strength yet because of the injury issues. Once he was healthy his trajectory shot up super fast.

Meanwhile, Davison is now in his 6th year and is simply the same wrestler he has always been. Very good, but 2nd to 3rd tier at 285. Which is why he has gone R16, 6th, 5th and Kerk is now 7th,4th,2nd. Davison also benefited greatly from bringing a lighter weight wrestling style up to 285. However, he simply isn't as fast or athletic as Gable, Parris and Kerk are so his style doesn't work on Cass.

So, I just don't see Michigan all of a sudden making him faster or more athletic. Because those are the type of improvements that would be necessary for him to all of a sudden start beating Tony...

Better than what?

Wow.

Got it. So a recruit who committed to Iowa, spent a gray shirt year ON CAMPUS, being coached by TNT for an entire year, who is the #1 PFP recruit - yeah, sure, "it's be great to have him."

Tell me what self-respect Tom has for recruiting a FAMILY of literal criminals and psycopaths?

What self-respecting Head Coach of a multi-million dollar charitable enterprise alienates a potential BIG money donor, because that person asked that they not be associated with people who have proven their detriment to society?

No. You're not better than me if you're co-signing this absolute disgrace of decision making. And since either Tom isn't telling you the whole truth or you're just willfully, blind, ignorant and morally repugnant - Kueter told Tom that if AJ steps on campus - he'd be football full time.

But hey! I bet "it's be great to have him," right?

RIGHT???

You can debate whether or not TnT should have pursued the Ferraris. But at no time should a single wrestler/parent hold the program hostage with their demands. If the family reneged on an agreement and came back and wanted more, or said if you recruit this person we are gone, TnT did exactly what they should have and said move along if you want.

You can debate whether or not TnT should have pursued the Ferraris. But at no time should a single wrestler/parent hold the program hostage with their demands. If the family reneged on an agreement and came back and wanted more, or said if you recruit this person we are gone, TnT did exactly what they should have and said move along if you want.
In most cases, sure. Not in this case. Chittum isn't the only one on the team who doesn't want any part of the Ferrari's.

I'm still amused by that video stating CC went to Iowa's #1 rival.

"Rival" implies competitive. The only question when Iowa wrestles ISU is the final score.

Can CC change that? ISU had two AAs in Dresser's 6th/7th year in Ames. One of those AAs graduated.

I realize the odds of ISU ever beating the Hawks improve after every drubbing, but in reality, Iowa's still superior.
The off season always gives Clone fans hope. This summer is SSDD.

My thoughts on this stuff...and it doesn't mean much, I realize that....but after all this stuff within the program I just feel like TnT cannot be trusted to make an informed decision, if you remove Chittum situation and the blatant disregard to listen to anybody about how they shouldn't be recruiting the Ferrari's...there was always something kinda bugging me about our training, recruiting, the fact that it seems like most former wrestlers have no love lost for the Brands brothers.

Is it their arrogance, that they know best? Their rigidness as it relates to training, recruiting, etc? But something feels incredibly broken in the iowa wrestling room.

I have no inside information at all...other than at the Minny meet this year I was told that Brand Bros don't listen to anybody other than themselves and that its put a lot of strain on the program because they will not listen to anybody. I just passed it off as "somebody just talking to talk", is it true...no idea...do I now kinda believe there might be some truth to it...yeah I do.

Much of our alumni hate the program.

Things went south fast with the Chittums and the optics are that instead of self reflection and learning from it the program (bnichols) instead is publicly talking $hit about the family and firmly placing all blame on them.

It is a perfect microcosm of a program that doesn’t welcome constructive criticism and ironically (thx Spencer) find an excuse for EVERYTHING.

the more you talk, the more i think you're a scumbag.

and it's a disgrace your name is going to be associated with the new facility.
Wow - since you are labeling someone who is supporting the coach for not being dictated to by a parent for a certain recruitment, I certainly hope you have the guts to call any coach who recruits the Ferraris in the future a scumbag as well.

Yes, it is monumentally different. Kerk was 10xs the recruit. It wasn't development he ever needed. Simply the health to be able to move like he wanted and get his body to the right size. Ker was ALWAYS a better wrestler than Cass. He simply didn't have the mobility, size and strength yet because of the injury issues. Once he was healthy his trajectory shot up super fast.

Meanwhile, Davison is now in his 6th year and is simply the same wrestler he has always been. Very good, but 2nd to 3rd tier at 285. Which is why he has gone R16, 6th, 5th and Kerk is now 7th,4th,2nd. Davison also benefited greatly from bringing a lighter weight wrestling style up to 285. However, he simply isn't as fast or athletic as Gable, Parris and Kerk are so his style doesn't work on Cass.

So, I just don't see Michigan all of a sudden making him faster or more athletic. Because those are the type of improvements that would be necessary for him to all of a sudden start beating Tony...
Other than Cass getting inexplicably bailed out of a Davison spladle in his first year at 285.

I’m not sure… Smalls is dialed into athletes/recruits, imo. He also walks a fine line with keeping programs accessible. So, for him to make a public statement with identity known, to another known BIG TIME IOWA DONOR…. It gets my attention.
It's also just plain stupid because of that said fine line. Didn't Smalls say he went out to dinner with Chittum's father? Maybe he has an angle to make him look good? Either way, calling someone a scumbag because he is supporting the coach and not the Chittum family is pretty low class. There are generally two sides to a story.

I’m not sure… Smalls is dialed into athletes/recruits, imo. He also walks a fine line with keeping programs accessible. So, for him to make a public statement with identity known, to another known BIG TIME IOWA DONOR…. It gets my attention.
he’s a cockroach….. follow him on twitter for awhile……get back to me

I was a wrestling fan long before Willie slithered out from under his rock…he provides nothing useful to me as far as making the sport more enjoyable to follow……. he’s a parasite

him insulting one of our major donors is simply him “positioning” himself in favor with whoever’s ass he’s currently kissing

Last edited:
It's also just plain stupid because of that said fine line. Didn't Smalls say he went out to dinner with Chittum's father? Maybe he has an angle to make him look good? Either way, calling someone a scumbag because he is supporting the coach and not the Chittum family is pretty low class. There are generally two sides to a story.
you know what's low class?

talking crap on a kid and his dad, all the while lying, after the monumental and totally predictable screw up was orchestrated by YOU

One guy is going on trial for sexual assault, allegedly another one of these guys pulled a knife on Chittum, then there's that reckless driving accident and another assault charge I believe. Someone else here said about some kind of shooting too ?

I don't think questioning his decision is holding a program hostage. It's more like wondering WTF are you thinking?

Last edited:
Sounds like multiple athletes and potential recruits felt the same way.

talking crap on a kid and his dad, all the while lying, after the monumental and totally predictable screw up was orchestrated by YOU
And you 100% know for fact he is lying? Or are you simply buying what someone is telling you?

Interesting take. Cass is undefeated against Davison over several years. Now, in his 6th season, having transferred to a different school, Davison will all of a sudden get better and beat him? You do realize the COMPELLING amount of data showing otherwise for 6th year guys, right?
I don’t know the data about 6th year guys.
I just see the writing on the wall. It’s been dangerously close with Davison the last couple goes. Cass has turned into a gatekeeper heavyweight. Rolling with Parris on a regular basis will make Davison get over the hump. Can’t say the same with Cass. Either lack of workout partners or coaching, he’s hit a plateau these last years.

Reactions: MilleGinja

don’t we have an admin on here to step in??

Fing guy is simultaneously insulting the guy who’s name is on our wrestling facility and shamelessly promoting his “show”

He’s like a buzzard circling cause he sees some drama he can use to promote himself

don’t we have an admin on here to step in here??

Fing guy is simultaneously insulting the guy who’s name is on our wrestling facility and shamelessly promoting his “show”

He’s like a buzzard circling cause he sees some drama he can use to promote himself
Maybe because that big-time booster is lying? Outside of his claims everywhere else I've heard says that Iowa offered the most money for Nagao and Truax.

It's a lot easier to lay the blame on the money as opposed to taking any personal responsibility for the situation.

I don’t know the data about 6th year guys.
I just see the writing on the wall. It’s been dangerously close with Davison the last couple goes. Cass has turned into a gatekeeper heavyweight. Rolling with Parris on a regular basis will make Davison get over the hump. Can’t say the same with Cass. Either lack of workout partners or coaching, he’s hit a plateau these last years.
This is more what I was getting at. Davison is pretty much there. 3-2 and 4-2 SV. There’s not a lot more improvement needed to beat Cass.

Reactions: Sandor45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT