ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Doyle dropped from Racial Discrimination Lawsuit

For Brian? How the hell is that? What kind of chess are we playing here?

Ultimately, this is the world we’re living in and it’s no surprise that we treat people poorly at times….white people and Black people, etc. but now we’re looking to be remunerated for it!

And by the statement, I am not absolving the coaching staff. The reality is these guys say shitty things oftentimes, it’s been a part of their DNA for 100 years. How do you think Paul Bear Bryant would be received in this present day community?!

I can’t really recall but weren’t most of the allegations about things being said against Doyle and Brian Ferentz?

I believe so… after reading a commentary somewhere else I believe this is standard operating procedure to eliminate all the outliers, so they get back to the big entity as in “the University”…

I believe at this point in time it will settle out of court!

And no, I have no legal expertise to say this!

I believe so… after reading a commentary somewhere else I believe this is standard operating procedure to eliminate all the outliers, so they get back to the big entity as in “the University”…

With that said, I don’t believe there is ever a reasonable reason at this point in time in our society to suggest that “Black people don’t swim” is ever appropriate in any setting in the public’s eye…. Which purportedly Doyle did.

I think Brian Ferentz’ greatest crime is the fact that he is an unaware dickhead!

As he likely would be, with the upbringing he has had!

I suppose this makes sense - what they really want is the U for systematic racism. A kid like Wadley that didn't get drafted because KF blackballed him. Doyle probably treated them like crap but he didn't keep them out of the NFL.

The whole thing is crap IMO.

I suppose this makes sense - what they really want is the U for systematic racism. A kid like Wadley that didn't get drafted because KF blackballed him. Doyle probably treated them like crap but he didn't keep them out of the NFL.

At the very least odd….but all the same status quo..

I’m not denying the overall complaint, I am just hoping it’s far reaching enough that people begin to realize this is how things have worked…

I wouldn't say Kirk blackballed him, Wadley had his chance in tryouts, and he was not good enough.
Also, the NFL probably scrutinized his attitude and work ethic in college.

How do you think Paul Bear Bryant would be received in this present day community?!

BN1m.gif

Reactions: cmhawks99
With that said, I don’t believe there is ever a reasonable reason at this point in time in our society to suggest that “Black people don’t swim” is ever appropriate in any setting in the public’s eye…. Which purportedly Doyle did.

I think Brian Ferentz’ greatest crime is the fact that he is an unaware dickhead!

As he likely would be, with the upbringing he has had!
Ok, I'll bite...... When I went through Navy boot camp 30 percent of my company was black. Some of them are good friends of mine still today. At some point, we all had to jump in a pool and swim or at least for some, doggie paddle. Out of the 30 or so black sailors, 3 could swim. 3. To this day, we all, the black guys included, say that black men can't swim. Take it for what it's worth........

I wouldn't say Kirk blackballed him, Wadley had his chance in tryouts, and he was not good enough.
Oh, completely agree.

Why on earth would KF want to hurt a players chances to get in the League? Makes no sense.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
The "blackballing" angle is complete BS. Outside of a guy facing felony charges (and sometimes in spite of it) NFL teams will go after and sign a guy with the talent to help them win.

While KFz might have the influence to discourage a GM here or there, or make them look a little closer...if they think a player can help them win, they'll draft him. Ferentz isn't going to stop them.

EDIT: ...and what is supposed to do, lie? If a GM or HC asks him what he thinks of a guy, he's going to give it to 'em straight. If not, he's damaged his credibility and been dishonest with a team in way that could affect their success. If a friend of yours owns a business and asks you about a guy he's going to hire. You're not gonna screw him over.

Last edited:

yeah, I read the same. Since Kirk, Brian, Doyle and the other coaches named would never agree to settle, they were released so Wadley's lawyers can deal solely with the University on a settlement. However, I think the University should fight them tooth and nail. But I think the University will make some kind of settlement just to get it over with IMOP

Bit the bullet for BF. I'd go back to KF and ask for his job back, get the OL back to what they were.
Bit the bullet? How? Clearly the lawsuit was absolute bullshit. Obviously they were just hoping for some kind of settlement. When it became clear that no settlement was coming they dropped it. It won't happen but there should be countersuits galore.

Why did KF blackball Wadley? What is your proof of this? You are not any better than The plaintiffs by spouting out things that you cannot back up.

yeah, I read the same. Since Kirk, Brian, Doyle and the other coaches named would never agree to settle, they were released so Wadley's lawyers can deal solely with the University on a settlement. However, I think the University should fight them tooth and nail. But I think the University will make some kind of settlement just to get it over with IMOP
Pancheros gift card and a Brian Ferentz autographed football for Akrum.

Ultimately, this is the world we’re living in and it’s no surprise that we treat people poorly at times….white people and Black people, etc. but now we’re looking to be remunerated for it!

And by the statement, I am not absolving the coaching staff. The reality is these guys say shitty things oftentimes, it’s been a part of their DNA for 100 years. How do you think Paul Bear Bryant would be received in this present day community?!
The present day community is too wimpy, soft, and undisciplined to handle a coach like Bryant.

I can’t really recall but weren’t most of the allegations about things being said against Doyle and Brian Ferentz?
Well, they should have been dismissed. How can you take a kids meal ticket away from him. He only had enough money for beer!!! And no other friends on the ball team.

Why did KF blackball Wadley? What is your proof of this? You are not any better than The plaintiffs by spouting out things that you cannot back up.
He didn't. I was just saying that it's one of the things they might be claiming.

If they are, It's an absurd claim.

Given that it was dismissed without prejudice, he can still be sued along with everyone else in the case at a future date. Wallace was the only individual to my knowledge that was dismissed with prejudice.

The "blackballing" angle is complete BS. Outside of a guy facing felony charges (and sometimes in spite of it) NFL teams will go after and sign a guy with the talent to help them win.

While KFz might have the influence to discourage a GM here or there, or make them look a little closer...if they think a player can help them win, they'll draft him. Ferentz isn't going to stop them.
Agreed. To truly blackball someone you need to have the leverage and power to influence others . This happens in some small industries or within companies because someone holds the purse strings. The Ferentz's opinion is respected but they do not have power in the NFL.

Wadley was a very fringe NFL back. He has good athleticism, but he was undersized and at the NFL level his speed was below average for a RB. The fact is that for him to succeed at the NFL he needed to be perfect. The NFL teams look at him and say I can get a guy just as good that is a team guy, makes weight, and doesn't cause any issues. Wadley could have been a special teams 3rd down guy in the NFL for a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT