ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Beathard is 49'ers STARTING QB; He entered game on Sep 23 & his 1st Pass was TD Pass to Kittle

HALF TIME STATS:

CJ has accounted for 202 total yds of offense.

i

San Francisco Passing

C.J. Beathard 9/12, 182 YDS, 2 TD passes, 0 INT, Sacked 1 time-6 yds

i

San Francisco Rushing

C.J. Beathard 2 carries, 20 yds; Long of 11 yds

i

San Francisco Receiving

G. Kittle 2 catches, 12 yds, 0 TD; Long: 9 yds; Targeted 3 times

Last edited:
I get it that he's a back up but the announcers are acting like beathard is playing way above grade for a backup :confused: maybe I'm too sensitive but give the guy some credit
Same... but i think they see that he is 1-6 as a starter and forget that the niners are crap and have been crap.

I've always thought that CJ has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. Nice to see he's getting his chance to show his stuff.
to be honest, i had no idea.how he would do in the NFL

but it did open my eyes when Shanahan drafted him in the 3rd round

people take shots at KF for running a pro style offense but that's what they run in the NFL & Shanahan liked that CJ could take a snap under center and that he could make all the throws

is it just me or does CJ have an odd set up on some of these quick throws? Looks like he's just all arm on those throws. Perhaps this is something he's been coached to do?

to be honest, i had no idea.how he would do in the NFL

but it did open my eyes when Shanahan drafted him in the 3rd round

people take shots at KF for running a pro style offense but that's what they run in the NFL & Shanahan liked that CJ could take a snap under center and that he could make all the throws
If I were a HS football player that had the talent and aspirations to get to the NFL I would go to Iowa. You will get developed and be fundamentally sound. QB, RB,TE,OL, DL,LB,DB, every position but probably WR. Iowa runs the systems and has the coaching you need to get to the NFL. It actually surprised me more recruits don't get that and just flock to play for KF.

Reactions: Franisdaman
If I were a HS football player that had the talent and aspirations to get to the NFL I would go to Iowa. You will get developed and be fundamentally sound. QB, RB,TE,OL, DL,LB,DB, every position but probably WR. Iowa runs the systems and has the coaching you need to get to the NFL. It actually surprised me more recruits don't get that and just flock to play for KF.
This is where we have to hammer the message to recruits

When you watch San Francisco or New England, don't you see Iowa? I do.

:):)

It's not like Iowa is the only school that does this, but yeah.They are very good and I'm starting to think they might become a pipeline for QB's. Teams like the pro-set trained QB's and Iowa has done a much better job developing them, really ever since Stanzi. Both Ruddock and CJ are in the league now and Stanley is certainly tracking to be an NFL QB as well.

18 year olds want to win and be on TV (and get laid). They really aren’t thinking about the best ways to develops their skills.

The Niners could be a legit team. Hell of a running back, an automatic kicker; they just need a few more quality players in key positions.

Reactions: Franisdaman
This is setting up for CJ to get into a late game shootout with Aaron Rodgers. Do it CJ. Beat him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT