ADVERTISEMENT

Clark

It's true. Today wasn't Caitlin's best look. No doubt about that. But before we crucify a 22-year-old basketball player who has been a fantastic role model throughout her college career, maybe a little context is in order.

* Caitlin has been the most scrutinized college athlete since . . .
* She is being talked about by tens of millions of sentient beings all over the planet.
* She's been interviewed on TV, on radio, on podcasts, by print media . . . anyone and everyone who's anybody.
* She appears in commercials and signs autographs all over the place.
* She has broken almost every record there is and won almost every award there is.
* She knows that many people are saying her legacy won't be the same unless Iowa wins that national title, as if one player can just make that happen.
* On her worst day, Caitlin Clark is still head and shoulders above the gals from South Carolina, LSU, USC et al. For instance, Caitlin hasn't landed a right jab on anyone's jaw, she hasn't pulled an opponent's hair while they were rebounding, and she hasn't started or participated in a brawl. (Those who have done these things, and more, can be found on YouTube.)

Caitlin's body language today was unusual from the start. She seemed to be really tightly wound, and then she took a nasty elbow to the face, which didn't help her attitude. Her shots weren't falling, and I think it all caught up with her. Can you even imagine the pressure she's been under for months and years? No, no you can't.

Caitlin doesn't need me or anyone else to apologize for her. But I am happy to suggest people back off and show some empathy.

I was disappointed to see the Caitlin we saw today, but given the reality of things, it probably had to happen at some point. Might as well let it happen today and get it over with.

And again, if the top players from other top programs looked like Caitlin did today, it would be one of their best days. Caitlin has set the bar very high. Today she didn't meet her own standards. My advice: get over it. And look out the rest of the way.
Spot On.

Iowa up by 20 and she's acting like it's a 2 point game, the referees have kept their composure and haven't given her a technical yet. God she bitches about everything, yes she's going to be the main focus by the other team. Deal with it and move on, she acts like the college woman's basketball world revolves around her. Geez....
Kinda does right now.

I almost never post, but did you even watch the replay of that charge call. The opposing player was clearly moving sideways and in no way should that be called a charge when the defender is moving to the side. The amount of body checks going uncalled in that game was unbelievable a number times the game was closer to a rugby match than what a basketball game should look like.
Catlin has the athletic ability to stop on a dime and shoot. She wanted to run over someone on that play and everyone knew it.

Nah it was a charge.

200w.gif

:)

Seems to me since breaking all the NCAA records,CC has been off her game offensively. All the publicity, attention, self induced pressure has really affected her mentally. Needs to get straightened out soon if Hawks are to make a run.
Chill. Some days she goes off for preposterous stats, some days she goes off for slightly less preposterous numbers like 27, 10, and 8. We all know we live and die with her.

Iowa up by 20 and she's acting like it's a 2 point game, the referees have kept their composure and haven't given her a technical yet. God she bitches about everything, yes she's going to be the main focus by the other team. Deal with it and move on, she acts like the college woman's basketball world revolves around her. Geez....
She does complain the the officials constantly, something she and Connor have in common. Gets old

CC is in pretty rarefied air. Lots of attention, lots of pressure and a pretty unique phenom with today's landscape. (social media etc). She's handled it very well throughout the season. It looked like it was catching up to her today. What's strange is... the team has finally had some time off. One might think she'd had time to decompress. It looked just the opposite...like it had finally caught up with her.
Four years and a 100+ games of being exactly who she was today, why the outrage now?
FFS...

1. Nobody is "outraged". I do see a lot of people being honest about what they observed.
2. Today was an aberration...not "exactly who she's been". Show me another clip where she's gesturing and complaining to her Father in the stands and he tells her to shut up.
3. She's a great player, and by all accounts a terrific person. But anybody could see something was off today. Kid's been under a lot of pressure.

Last edited:
NO. You're wrong and that proves you HATE women and etc etc etc.

Good god...some of the pathetic snowflakes here. <criticism = rage, disagreement = hate) God forbid someone makes an honest observation. She had a bad day... it was obvious. It happens. That doesn't mean she's not a great player and person. But it wasn't a good look. Her own FATHER called her out on it.

Are some of you so fragile you can't handle that? (spoiler alert: Yes) Perhaps you should call her Dad up and lecture him about his unacceptable "rage".

chris crocker crying GIF
You're big mad.

Seems to me since breaking all the NCAA records,CC has been off her game offensively. All the publicity, attention, self induced pressure has really affected her mentally. Needs to get straightened out soon if Hawks are to make a run.
Too many times I think she has been forcing her shot and not taking high percentage threes. She is a great shooter, but just needs to allow herself to get in the flow of the game and not try to do too much. She has a pretty damn good supporting cast that can shoot.

You're big mad.
Not really. I rarely waste my energy on anger. (eventually learned that life lesson) Just tired of Sycophants and worshippers who can't be honest about something. Good people have bad days. It happens. Accept it.

Last edited:
Not at all. I rarely waste my energy on anger. Just tired of Sycophants and worshippers who can't be honest about something. Good people have bad days. It happens. Accept it.
Won't disagree. Never said a bad word about her before today. She's a generational talent and I'm sure an amazing person, but her demeanor today was completely offputting and I changed the channel. The game was over anyways, so it didn't really matter.

the last few games she's not having fun. ironically she's said after declaring for the wnba that she was looking forward to just playing with her best friends. The rest of them are enjoying things.

She is the Alpha Dog. An elite competitor. She isn't going to just glide around and enjoy her time with not a care in the world.

She's gearing her team and herself up for a run. Today's performance isn't good enough and she WANTS better.

Four years and a 100+ games of being exactly who she was today, why the outrage now?
one is supposedly supposed to grow up and mature and quit throwing fits after a few years. like I said above, she may have to not do these fits in the WNBA. or learn how not to. or get paid not to. or something. as mentioned above: it's a bad look. I didn't like it when kelsey did it in the super bowl either.

Not really. I rarely waste my energy on anger. (eventually learned that life lesson) Just tired of Sycophants and worshippers who can't be honest about something. Good people have bad days. It happens. Accept it.

I almost never post, but did you even watch the replay of that charge call. The opposing player was clearly moving sideways and in no way should that be called a charge when the defender is moving to the side. The amount of body checks going uncalled in that game was unbelievable a number times the game was closer to a rugby match than what a basketball game should look like.
Correct…that certainly wasn’t a charge on Clark.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Won't disagree. Never said a bad word about her before today. She's a generational talent and I'm sure an amazing person, but her demeanor today was completely offputting and I changed the channel. The game was over anyways, so it didn't really matter.
I’m so proud of you for changing the channel.😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT