ADVERTISEMENT

Clark

Iowa up by 20 and she's acting like it's a 2 point game, the referees have kept their composure and haven't given her a technical yet. God she bitches about everything, yes she's going to be the main focus by the other team. Deal with it and move on, she acts like the college woman's basketball world revolves around her. Geez....

Iowa up by 20 and she's acting like it's a 2 point game, the referees have kept their composure and haven't given her a technical yet. God she bitches about everything, yes she's going to be the main focus by the other team. Deal with it and move on, she acts like the college woman's basketball world revolves around her. Geez....
CADG.gif

It's true. Today wasn't Caitlin's best look. No doubt about that. But before we crucify a 22-year-old basketball player who has been a fantastic role model throughout her college career, maybe a little context is in order.

* Caitlin has been the most scrutinized college athlete since . . .
* She is being talked about by tens of millions of sentient beings all over the planet.
* She's been interviewed on TV, on radio, on podcasts, by print media . . . anyone and everyone who's anybody.
* She appears in commercials and signs autographs all over the place.
* She has broken almost every record there is and won almost every award there is.
* She knows that many people are saying her legacy won't be the same unless Iowa wins that national title, as if one player can just make that happen.
* On her worst day, Caitlin Clark is still head and shoulders above the gals from South Carolina, LSU, USC et al. For instance, Caitlin hasn't landed a right jab on anyone's jaw, she hasn't pulled an opponent's hair while they were rebounding, and she hasn't started or participated in a brawl. (Those who have done these things, and more, can be found on YouTube.)

Caitlin's body language today was unusual from the start. She seemed to be really tightly wound, and then she took a nasty elbow to the face, which didn't help her attitude. Her shots weren't falling, and I think it all caught up with her. Can you even imagine the pressure she's been under for months and years? No, no you can't.

Caitlin doesn't need me or anyone else to apologize for her. But I am happy to suggest people back off and show some empathy.

I was disappointed to see the Caitlin we saw today, but given the reality of things, it probably had to happen at some point. Might as well let it happen today and get it over with.

And again, if the top players from other top programs looked like Caitlin did today, it would be one of their best days. Caitlin has set the bar very high. Today she didn't meet her own standards. My advice: get over it. And look out the rest of the way.

It's almost too bad she didnt get t'd during the season so she wouldn't think she can get away with it all the time.
I'd hate to see a T on her during a critical time in an upcoming game.
You know it's coming. They're waiting for the games to get more important so it hurts more.

Too bad Caitlin doesn't care.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Certainly a great player but she's making an ass of herself on national TV. Get control of your emotions and just play ball.
Thanks for your wisdom. But maybe your time would be better invested by sharing your advice with the likes of the thugs at South Carolina, LSU, USC and places like that where players start brawls and, in order to get room to shoot, throw right jabs to a defender's jaw. Yah, tell it to Cardoso and Reese and the amazin' Ju Ju. They're the ones who really need your advice, IMHO of course. But then I guess it's nice to be perfect like you.

It's true. Today wasn't Caitlin's best look. No doubt about that. But before we crucify a 22-year-old basketball player who has been a fantastic role model throughout her college career, maybe a little context is in order.

* She is being talked about by tens of millions of sentient beings all over the planet.
* She's been interviewed on TV, on radio, on podcasts, by print media . . . anyone and everyone who's anybody.
* She has broken almost every record there is and won almost every award there is.
* She knows that many people are saying her legacy won't be the same unless Iowa wins that national title, as if one player can just make that happen.
* On her worst day, Caitlin Clark is still head and shoulders above the gals from South Carolina, LSU, USC et al. For instance, Caitlin hasn't landed a right jab on anyone's jaw, she hasn't pulled an opponent's hair while they were rebounding, and she hasn't started or participated in a brawl. (Those who have done these things, and more, can be found on YouTube.)

Caitlin's body language today was unusual from the start. She seemed to be really tightly wound, and then she took a nasty elbow to the face, which didn't help her attitude. Her shots weren't falling, and I think it all caught up with her. Can you even imagine the pressure she's been under for months and years? No, no you can't.

Caitlin doesn't need me or anyone else to apologize for her. But I am happy to suggest people back off and show some empathy.

I was disappointed to see the Caitlin we saw today, but given the reality of things, it probably had to happen at some point. Might as well let it happen today and get it over with.

And again, if the top players from other top programs looked like Caitlin did today, it would be one of their best days. Caitlin has set the bar very high. Today she didn't meet her own standards. My advice: get over it. And look out the rest of the way.
reading this made feel a lot of appreciation and empathy for what deacon…dude was a super calm rock

Since never. I can't think of another college athlete that has been given so much attention.

I like to compare her to Tiger. Tiger was simply better than everyone else, but he cracked eventually. I hope CC doesn't fall to that fate.

Since never. I can't think of another college athlete that has been given so much attention.

I like to compare her to Tiger. Tiger was simply better than everyone else, but he cracked eventually. I hope CC doesn't fall to that fate.
Tim Tebow Johnny Manziel Jamies Winston. She shines brighter in a basically dim sport. Those 3 off the top of my head were the talk of the second most popular sport in the country.

Right after this she steamrolled over a player for a charge. Her dad mouthed “get her out”.
I almost never post, but did you even watch the replay of that charge call. The opposing player was clearly moving sideways and in no way should that be called a charge when the defender is moving to the side. The amount of body checks going uncalled in that game was unbelievable a number times the game was closer to a rugby match than what a basketball game should look like.

Extremely well written. Someone who actually understands the ridiculous weight she's carrying unlike ANY player ever..

Tim Tebow Johnny Manziel Jamies Winston. She shines brighter in a basically dim sport. Those 3 off the top of my head were the talk of the second most popular sport in the country.
Sorry, BUT totally ridiculous. NONE of those players changed the way their sport was looked at by people all over the nation. NONE of them. She's made WOMENS basketball fans out of people who NEVER cared a lick or ever watched a womens game. None of those men made football fans out of people of both genders on anything like the scale that Clark has done.

I almost never post, but did you even watch the replay of that charge call. The opposing player was clearly moving sideways and in no way should that be called a charge when the defender is moving to the side. The amount of body checks going uncalled in that game was unbelievable a number times the game was closer to a rugby match than what a basketball game should look like.
I did and they call a charge almost always when you run over a player like that. Her dad thought it was a charge by his reaction. Did you watch that replay?

Sorry, BUT totally ridiculous. NONE of those players changed the way their sport was looked at by people all over the nation. NONE of them. She's made WOMENS basketball fans out of people who NEVER cared a lick or ever watched a womens game. None of those men made football fans out of people of both genders on anything like the scale that Clark has done.
Nice try not what you said which is what I responding to. Think back about Johnny football mania. Arguably actually not the second most popular sport. Think hard. It isn’t tough. The coverage he got and still gets isn’t close. Sorry about you being so wrong.

Thanks for your wisdom. But maybe your time would be better invested by sharing your advice with the likes of the thugs at South Carolina, LSU, USC and places like that where players start brawls and, in order to get room to shoot, throw right jabs to a defender's jaw. Yah, tell it to Cardoso and Reese and the amazin' Ju Ju. They're the ones who really need your advice, IMHO of course. But then I guess it's nice to be perfect like you.
Hey, it has nothing to do with me. I'll instead defer to Caitlin's dad who during the course of today's game can be seen telling her to "shut up." Her antics were adversely affecting her own game and also a distraction to the team.

Good post.
I think she feels a bunch of pressure to get Iowa back to the F4. Not totally surprising she’s pressing a bit. I fully expect her to relax now that game 1is out of the way

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Seems to me since breaking all the NCAA records,CC has been off her game offensively. All the publicity, attention, self induced pressure has really affected her mentally. Needs to get straightened out soon if Hawks are to make a run.
You see her dad tell her to shut up when she was complaining about the refs? He said shut up and geez.

Her attitude today was not a good look.

She's gonna have a meltdown when Iowa gets beat. I turned to the Gonzaga game after she head butted the ball. She was acting like a spoiled brat.
I enjoyed the head butt...she should have been T'd, which would have been good in that situation. The quirkiness of her game and her reactions are why she is must see TV...plus the fact that she's the best player in college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT