ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton on why she lost

UNIowaHawk

HR Legend
Jul 22, 2011
"I think it's fair to say that I didn't realize how quickly the ground was shifting under all our feet... I was running a traditional presidential campaign with carefully thought-out policies and painstakingly built coalitions, while Trump was running a reality TV show that expertly and relentlessly stoked Americans' anger and resentment."

I agree that she had no idea how quickly the ground was shifting. I agree she was creating coalitions. I agree that Trump's campaign was one centered around America's anger and resentment towards a lot of things. However, in no way was she running a traditional campaign with well thought out policies. All her team did was attack the opposition. They offered no solutions or say what they were going to do, just that we should vote for her because the other person is bad. She's still delusional. She should have won in a landslide, but instead her team got lazy and actually helped fuel the anger and resentment Trump targeted.

I agree that she had no idea how quickly the ground was shifting. I agree she was creating coalitions. I agree that Trump's campaign was one centered around America's anger and resentment towards a lot of things. However, in no way was she running a traditional campaign with well thought out policies. All her team did was attack the opposition. They offered no solutions or say what they were going to do, just that we should vote for her because the other person is bad. She's still delusional. She should have won in a landslide, but instead her team got lazy and actually helped fuel the anger and resentment Trump targeted.
Honestly, to what extent did you follow Hillary's campaign?

Wrong. She lost because a minority of voters in selected states derelicted their duty and betrayed their country by voting for an obviously unqualified and intellectually, temperamentally and morally unfit con man for the most important job in the world.

serveimage

we've done this thread. She has lots of reasons, none of them acknowledging that she didn't connect with enough people in the right locations, or that she didn't articulate her agenda clearly enough.

You know what? She stays in the news longer with all these other reasons than she would if she acknowledged the truth.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
we've done this thread. She has lots of reasons, none of them acknowledging that she didn't connect with enough people in the right locations, or that she didn't articulate her agenda clearly enough.

You know what? She stays in the news longer with all these other reasons than she would if she acknowledged the truth.
she has an idiotic book coming out and she will sell like 4 copies

snopes? snopes is still a "thing" ?
From the nothing thing:

The above-displayed maps have been mislabeled and do not show an accurate comparison between the 2016 electoral map and a government released crime map of 2013. The map pictured on the bottom actually shows a 2012 electoral map that was created by Mark Newman from the Department of Physics and Center for the Study of Complex Systems at the University of Michigan (LINK), and not a government-produced crime rate map. The top map appears to be real but also incomplete.

If the above-displayed maps were properly labeled, they would state that an incomplete electoral map from 2016 was similar to a completed electoral map from 2012. Neither of those maps is related to the crime rate.​

Reactions: cigaretteman
So... higher populated areas tend to have higher crime and vote Democrat? Those both seem pretty logical to me. You should try using critical thinking skills at some point in your life.
he said a minority of people voted in trump. which is of course not true at all

that she didn't articulate her agenda clearly enough.

I'm not saying you should agree with the solution but Hillary had a much more detailed solution to healthcare than Trump. His only solution was "no one knows more about healthcare than me" and "I will repeal Obamacare day one".

So, if you are insinuating that Trump articulated his agenda better, then I would say that is a damning mark on where we are as a society.

The "truth" is that America doesn't want to go deeper than a simple quote or slogan when it comes to policies. Hillary's website had a fairly detailed analysis of her healthcare policy (among other policies). Trump literally said repeal ACA and MAGA.

Trump won because America likes catchy slogans without substance. That's the truth.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm not saying you should agree with the solution but Hillary had a much more detailed solution to healthcare than Trump. His only solution was "no one knows more about healthcare than me" and "I will repeal Obamacare day one".

So, if you are insinuating that Trump articulated his agenda better, then I would say that is a damning mark on where we are as a society.

The "truth" is that America doesn't want to go deeper than a simple quote or slogan when it comes to policies. Hillary's website had a fairly detailed analysis of her healthcare policy (among other policies). Trump literally said repeal ACA and MAGA.

Trump won because America likes catchy slogans without substance. That's the truth.
plus she was in a hospital bed a lot, so she knows a lot about healthcare in the usa

Reactions: Wahawk56 and unIowa

All I know is that when I'd watch a Hillary speech, she spent about 3/4 of it ripping on trump and his supporters, vs. 1/4 talking about anything people cared about. Trump spent about 1/3 of his ripping hillary and making jokes, and the rest hitting his talking points immigration, jobs, healthcare, economy, MAGA (never any real detail, but high level messaging that resonated)....

When asked about her plan, far too often she'd say "it's on my website, we have it all spelled out!" As if she expected people to actually go to her website...

Hindsight is 20/20 though

Reactions: SWIowahawks
All I know is that when I'd watch a Hillary speech, she spent about 3/4 of it ripping on trump and his supporters, vs. 1/4 talking about anything people cared about. Trump spent about 1/3 of his ripping hillary and making jokes, and the rest hitting his talking points immigration, jobs, healthcare, economy, MAGA (never any real detail, but high level messaging that resonated)....

When asked about her plan, far too often she'd say "it's on my website, we have it all spelled out!" As if she expected people to actually go to her website...

Hindsight is 20/20 though

She had almost 100 years to become a solid person and politician- she failed miserably and we are left with the Might Mouse Trump. She should just go away and stop writing and whining.

So... higher populated areas tend to have higher crime and vote Democrat? Those both seem pretty logical to me. You should try using critical thinking skills at some point in your life.
he said a minority of people voted in trump. which is of course not true at all
No, he said a minority of voters in select states. No states that saw fewer votes for Trump were awarded to him... unless I am missing something.

Wrong. She lost because a minority of voters in selected states derelicted their duty and betrayed their country by voting for an obviously unqualified and intellectually, temperamentally and morally unfit con man for the most important job in the world.

But Johnson was none of those things and hell Hillary was half of those things....temperamentally and morally.

Also, she really does need to go away, not sure why the worst political candidate of all time (with DJT running a close second place) wants to keep putting her face out there. Her branding was bad "I'm with her", her fainting was bad, her scandals were awful, her sickliness was obvious, and her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. She should do the world a favor and just crawl into a hole and never come back.

Yet she couldn't sell it or couldn't get her points across to enough Americans and THAT is the job when you are candidate and she was one of the worst of all time.

Yet she couldn't sell it or couldn't get her points across to enough Americans and THAT is the job when you are candidate and she was one of the worst of all time.

Only to those who weren't paying attention and cared very, very little about the future of our country.

Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT