ADVERTISEMENT

Clown U is Embarrassed Yet Again

I don't believe for a second that he is telling the truth. When he talked to the seniors about coming back for another year, it wasn't for being together. A Big 12 title or at least championship game had to enter the conversation.

This can't help clone recruiting. If the head coach has what appeared a loaded team and didn't have a goal of a conference title, why the hell would you want to play for him?

Last edited:
IowaHawkeyes1982 - I will never understand why people left that game early. We're they embarrassed, wanted to beat the traffic, drink? Who the hell knows? Whatever the case, as a Cyclone fan I was embarrassed by the early exodus. It happens everywhere. Very lame.

I don't believe for a second that he is telling the truth. When he talked to the seniors about coming back for another year, it wasn't for being together. A Big 12 title or at least championship game had to enter the conversation.

This can't help clone recruiting. If the head coach has what appeared a loaded team and didn't have a goal of a conference title, why the hell would you want to play for him?
They also take marginal academic qualifying kids that other schools run away from.

Lil Matty also recruits questionable character guys like Isheem Young that was one step from going to prison. A guy that had his scholly offer pulled by every school except ISU and West Virginia.

That's who Campball goes after.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst
IowaHawkeyes1982 - I will never understand why people left that game early. We're they embarrassed, wanted to beat the traffic, drink? Who the hell knows? Whatever the case, as a Cyclone fan I was embarrassed by the early exodus. It happens everywhere. Very lame.
39 years ago. Take your blood pressure and old person meds. Even if your grandchildren wouldn't miss having you around.

Before you go on to your reward, don't forget to tell the little kiddies that a conference championship is not a goal. It's togetherness that matters. Those should be their thoughts going into a football game in Norman, Oklahoma.

Matty moved the goal posts with this little diatribe because ISU has fallen so far from the pre season hype.

It's both sad and funny.

This guy is perfect for Pollard because they have one, common goal...keeping fans appeased ahead of the financial struggles looming.

Classic lil Bro syndrome.

One of the defining characteristics of clone fans is how far out over their skis they get...talk talk talk...early on, oversell everything. In the end...they always fade. They're a weak bunch.

As for Campbell's comments. What a poser.

Try this..."Sure, our goal was to win the conference. That's no longer on the table, but we're going to finish strong and play our best ball the rest of the way because that's what we expect out of our players and coaches". That works.

But to claim the conference title wasn't a goal... what a coward...and a fraud.

One of the defining characteristics of clone fans is how far out over their skis they get...talk talk talk...early on, oversell everything. In the end...they always fade. They're a weak bunch.

As for Campbell's comments. What a poser.

Try this..."Sure, our goal was to win the conference. That's no longer on the table, but we're going to finish strong and play our best ball the rest of the way because that's what we expect out of our players and coaches". That works.

But to claim the conference title wasn't a goal... what a coward...and a fraud.
In a few years they won't have to drive to Norman, OK for a big game. They can drive to Cincinnati.

Reactions: Ronman
Matty moved the goal posts with this little diatribe because ISU has fallen so far from the pre season hype.

It's both sad and funny.

This guy is perfect for Pollard because they have one, common goal...keeping fans appeased ahead of the financial struggles looming.

Classic lil Bro syndrome.

i honestly sat there with my mouth open, stunned, listening to him saying a conference championship was never the goal.

Seriously, WTF.

Do you think an LSU or USC fan wants him now?

In a few years they won't have to drive to Norman, OK for a big game. They can drive to Cincinnati.
Better yet... downtown Houston. Those rednecks will piss their pants in the big city.

I did notice Matty is taking a lot of grief from probably half the people posting on CF.

I love how clone fans make it sound like he’s playing some form of 4D chess that no one understands. I don’t disagree with the concepts he rides in on: trust the process, work towards being a better version of yourself every day, blah, blah, blah. It’s management / leadership and self improvement 101. But what he said was stupid. It’s that simple. Guarantee he wishes he could take back that answer and say it differently.

I love how clone fans make it sound like he’s playing some form of 4D chess that no one understands. I don’t disagree with the concepts he rides in on: trust the process, work towards being a better version of yourself every day, blah, blah, blah. It’s management / leadership and self improvement 101. But what he said was stupid. It’s that simple. Guarantee he wishes he could take back that answer and say it differently.

he just sounded stupid.

you can't tell me that Clown U did not have a goal of winning the Big 12, which meant they'd be in the running for the CFP.

Reactions: MitchLL

2 guys I think of are Eisworth and Kolar who I'm sure wouldn't say so out loud but I bet they wish they would've left for the draft. I remember 2 years ago Eisworth was rated the same as Geno Stone as a late 6-7 rd pick. Some of us like myself wish Geno would've stayed but he has been cashing NFL checks and looks like he made the right decision. Come next year he will be a 3rd year player while Eisworth will be a rookie after 6 years in college. As for Kolar after Pitts the TE class wasn't deep at all last year. Saw lot of mocks and projections as 3-5th rd pick. Maybe he does this year but has to be a kick in the balls you pass on the $ for a year and you have a season like you are having then your coach says what he just said.

Reactions: Ronman
Lil Matty's comments seem to indicate he knows the team was overrated coming into this season.

2020, the entire year, needed an asterisk with all the limited schedules and opt outs. In no other scenario would ISU be a contender for anything.

And now they face the likelihood that the greatest team in their history will 6-5 on Saturday night.

Reactions: madmax1191
The problem I have with Campbell's comments are that they require us all to play dumb. It's the equivalent of "Gary Barta is Brian Ferentz's direct supervisor." No one believes that, so why feed us that crap?

How dumb do we have to be to believe Campbell/ISU's goal was anything less than winning the Big 12? Of course that was the goal. These comments are nothing but a deflection. ISU fans would have us all walk away from Campbell's comments forgetting how disappointing the ISU season has been, but instead realize how deep he is, and how he has some magical elixir that no other coach utilizes. News flash: the "just get better everyday and the results will take care of themselves" isn't something Campbell invented.

2 guys I think of are Eisworth and Kolar who I'm sure wouldn't say so out loud but I bet they wish they would've left for the draft. I remember 2 years ago Eisworth was rated the same as Geno Stone as a late 6-7 rd pick. Some of us like myself wish Geno would've stayed but he has been cashing NFL checks and looks like he made the right decision. Come next year he will be a 3rd year player while Eisworth will be a rookie after 6 years in college. As for Kolar after Pitts the TE class wasn't deep at all last year. Saw lot of mocks and projections as 3-5th rd pick. Maybe he does this year but has to be a kick in the balls you pass on the $ for a year and you have a season like you are having then your coach says what he just said.
For sure those 2 have regrets

Matt Campbell’s little speech really got me thinking about the most togetherest Iowa State football teams. I would rank them as follows:

1. 1968 Johnny Majors team: They were the most together, IMO. Hands down. I didn’t see them play, but that 3-7 team was recognized at halftime of the 2018 Drake game on the 50th anniversary of their really “most together as a team” season.
2. 1981 Donnie Duncan team: Extremely together. Considered a very close second to the 1968 team.
3. 2021 Matt Campbell team: Very together. So close, that the return of all the 5th year seniors was more about trying to be even more together than they were last season vs winning a conference championship. Still a couple games left so they could move up or down a spot depending on how the togetherness ratio pans out.
4. 2019 Matt Campbell team: Started out really very together until the muffed punt against Iowa. They got mad at the player that bumped into the punt returner, and then some guys weren’t as together.
5. 1994 Jim Walden team: They didn’t win a game, but former coaches and players still rave about how together they were.

Last edited:
Matt Campbell’s little speech really got me thinking about the most togetherest Iowa State football teams. I would rank them as follows:

1. 1968 Johnny Majors team: They were the most together, IMO. Hands down. I didn’t see them play, but that 3-7 team was recognized at halftime at the 2018 Drake game on the 50th anniversary of their really “most together as a team” season.
2. 1981 Donnie Duncan team: Extremely together. Considered a very close second to the 1968 team.
3. 2021 Matt Campbell team: Very together. So close, that the return of all the 5th year seniors was more about trying to be even more together than they were last season vs winning a conference championship. Still a couple games left so they could move up or down a spot depending on how the togetherness ratio pans out.
4. 2019 Matt Campbell team: Started out really very together until the muffed punt against Iowa. They got mad at the player that bumped into the punt returner, and then some guys weren’t as together.
5. 1994 Jim Walden team: They didn’t win a game, but the former coaches and players still rave about how together they were.

You know this is going to go on for many years. The clones could finish 3-9 and Iowa fans will be commenting on their togetherness.

Last edited:
Reactions: VodkaSam
The problem I have with Campbell's comments are that they require us all to play dumb. It's the equivalent of "Gary Barta is Brian Ferentz's direct supervisor." No one believes that, so why feed us that crap?

How dumb do we have to be to believe Campbell/ISU's goal was anything less than winning the Big 12? Of course that was the goal. These comments are nothing but a deflection. ISU fans would have us all walk away from Campbell's comments forgetting how disappointing the ISU season has been, but instead realize how deep he is, and how he has some magical elixir that no other coach utilizes. News flash: the "just get better everyday and the results will take care of themselves" isn't something Campbell invented.
Thank you. The lack of respect for fan intelligence is what is galling in the example you provide for Barta "supervising" BF, and in Campbell's comments. Why does Campbell have incentives in his contract for winning games, going to bowl games and winning the conference? I thought the goal was to be the "best version of themselves" and to be together (his words).

As others have said, the focus on process is great, and it's what successful people do, whether it's losing weight/getting in shape, improving financially, job performance, football player, etc. It's how to you create actions on a daily basis that allow you do the right things in the present to achieve something that can happen in the future. My main issue with Campbell is he acts like theirs is the only program that focuses on/emphasizes process and culture. Most every successful program out there does the same thing, but they don't spend every waking hour talking about what a great culture they have, they go create one and let the results speak for themselves. If you have a "5-star culture", do you need to tell everyone constantly that you do? My opinion is no.

1. 1968 Johnny Majors team: They were the most together, IMO. Hands down. I didn’t see them play, but that 3-7 team was recognized at halftime of the 2018 Drake game on the 50th anniversary of their really “most together as a team” season.
5. 1994 Jim Walden team: They didn’t win a game, but former coaches and players still rave about how together they were.

You know what really brings them together and is the secret to their success in winning greatest together team championships? The water. It's a common source of pride and really allows them to focus on just how together they can be. Honestly, they take it to another level.

• Haha
Reactions: VodkaSam

in reality, the only individuals playing dumb (or, they might simply be dumb) are Clown fans

i really hope after tomorrow they are 6-5 so that Matt can continue talking about how Head Coach Matt Campbell is still happy in that they are still meeting all of his goals

Reactions: MitchLL
in reality, the only individuals playing dumb (or, they might simply be dumb) are Clown fans

i really hope after tomorrow they are 6-5 so that Matt can continue talking about how Head Coach Matt Campbell is still happy in that they are still meeting all of his goals
The real goal this season for ISU was becoming bowl eligible.

Mission accomplished.

Pollard needs another billboard along I-380.

Purdy blown up.
Hits like that are legal, but accidentally bumping helmets is an ejection.
Dumb rule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT