ADVERTISEMENT

Clown U is Embarrassed Yet Again

It's going to be an interesting off season in Ames. Like Minnesota, ISU was a very senior/super senior laden team.

There's going to be a lot of teams looking to the portal to fill spots this coming year. I expect the Clones will be very needy in that regard.

Purdy really struggled against the better teams in the last few years, imo. Campball never seems to get critiqued on his shortcomings. Clone fans just appear to be accepting to being "average".

It's going to be an interesting off season in Ames. Like Minnesota, ISU was a very senior/super senior laden team.

There's going to be a lot of teams looking to the portal to fill spots this coming year. I expect the Clones will be very needy in that regard.

Purdy really struggled against the better teams in the last few years, imo. Campball never seems to get critiqued on his shortcomings. Clone fans just appear to be accepting to being "average".

Whatever Campbell says, the Clown fans buy it.

They are such a strange fan base

Remember when Twins said Purdy is the most clutch college football player in Iowa or ISU history? How many times has he shit down his leg during big moments? 😂
CyTwins doesn’t actually believe three-fourths of the crap that he spews. He’s just a troll.

It is so “exciting” to watch Purdy invent new ways to turn the ball over. “Most Clutch Player in the State of Iowa History” because CyTwit says so.
I imagine Purdy has the school record for turnovers?

Clones should have broke out the black uniforms.

For those of us that have been around a few years...ok, a LOT of years...the clarity is staggering. The dipshiterry never changes...the pattern repeats itself over and over again...no matter who the coach is.

The same themes recur. We're world beaters...whoops, we shit the bed. Iowa sucks and is on the decline...uh oh, guess not, they had a better season than us again....etc..etc...etc. We beat them once or twice so our program is about to surpass theirs. Nope.

I've been a clone hater since the early 80s. NOTHING HAS CHANGED! The basic formula plays out over and over and over again...no matter who they hire as HC. They want to be IOWA...but they are not, nor will they ever be.

Go to Hickory Park, eat some shitty BBQ and go home. You suck.

It's interesting, because while they are Senior heavy, there is the COVID year. So, Purdy, Kolar, and Rose COULD all come back. Rose and Kolar accepted invites to the Senior Bowl so I would assume that means they are gone.

But, I'm not sure what other players could come back. I know some of the current Seniors were using their COVID years. In addition to Purdy, I think Hutchinson, Newell, Peterson, Vance and their two corners could all come back for a COVID year. I could be wrong.

It's interesting, because while they are Senior heavy, there is the COVID year. So, Purdy, Kolar, and Rose COULD all come back. Rose and Kolar accepted invites to the Senior Bowl so I would assume that means they are gone.

But, I'm not sure what other players could come back. I know some of the current Seniors were using their COVID years. In addition to Purdy, I think Hutchinson, Newell, Peterson, Vance and their two corners could all come back for a COVID year. I could be wrong.

it will be interesting to see who participates in their Senior Day

Well obviously Dekkers is a Heisman candidate next year.

Well obviously Dekkers is a Heisman candidate next year.
The only candidacy Dekkers is up for is to be the next:

GettyImages_1462806.jpg

Last edited:
Just give it time. By March or April, Randy Peterson and the good time gang at CF will be writing articles telling us how great the 2022 Cyclones are going to be. Clone fans will fall for it, and thus another round of hype and delusion will be born.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Just give it time. By March or April, Randy Peterson and the good time gang at CF will be writing articles telling us how great the 2022 Cyclones are going to be. Clone fans will fall for it, and thus another round of hype and delusion will be born.

that's how they sell tickets, i guess

It is so “exciting” to watch Purdy invent new ways to turn the ball over. “Most Clutch Player in the State of Iowa History” because CyTwit says so.

that Purdy fumble returned for a TD was huge

i honestly thought going in that the Clowns would beat OU; they almost did; just too many mistakes

but hey, all of Head Coach Matt Campbell's goals have still been achieved; so they have that, at least

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn
Can’t isu get Dekkers a helmet that fits. It looks like they stuffed him into the one he has. Clown fans use to love saying Fat Stanley will they call their next savior Chubby Dekkers?

where did they call Stanly fat?? on CyCLOWN Fanatic? good grief; the guy was built; that's why he was so good at QB sneaks

Unlike last year anyone who thinks the can sniff an nfl roster or practice squad is gone like Hutchinson and rose. Kolar should’ve left last year. Sure after this year no way purdy comes back for a 5th year. He can go to an nfl camp and get cut and try and make it in Canada or the arena league. Guys who know have no chance at pros may want to play one more year of football could come back but doubtful any impact players do again.

unlike after last year it will be a complete 180 with expectations back to normal isu levels of win 6 make a bowl and that’s what they consider a successful season with pollard feeding the fan base who will most likely eat it up. Replacing so many starters, many multi year guys, is just shaping up for low expectations minus the ultimate goal of being their best selves in 22’.

Their game at West Virginia was put on ESPN Plus, which requires a separate subscription.

Then they lose in a pillow fight, 38-31.

Clown U falls to 5-3.

West Virginia improves to 4-4.

So much for those Big 12 Regular Season Championship hopes.

;)
Actually we had on the tv at the bar, at least until the Iowa game started. So it was on Directv.

Sedge

Matt Campbell will be jumping ship if he can find a team that would want him at this point!
Can you imagine what boosters and alumni of upper tier programs with coaching openings would say to a search committee mentioning Campball's name after he finished 7-5/6-6 in the Big 12?

The boosters would fire that search firm on the spot. No one wants him now.

• Haha
Reactions: grhawk
Can you imagine what boosters and alumni of upper tier programs with coaching openings would say to a search committee mentioning Campball's name after he finished 7-5/6-6 in the Big 12?

i just want him to leave to complete this season's melt down

"Not so fast my friend"........unless the college name is Auburn and you hire a 3 win/9 loss HC Gene Chizik, who also was coaching at Clown U at the time he was hired away.

it will be interesting to see who participates in their Senior Day
Also, I would imagine there is the question as to whether Breece Hall sticks around ... given his productivity and daft stock ... I would guess that he leaves early. Maybe I'm cuckoo though ...

Reactions: Franisdaman

I would be surprised if he left. Surprised, but not totally shocked. Just depends on what he wants out of his career and what sort of actual offer would be made to him. The story cited here that Washington is looking at Dave Aranda and Campbell made me laugh. Why is Aranda leaving Baylor for the Pac-12? I mean, I guess it's possible if you are of the belief that the Big 12 is going to just implode. But if the Big 12 is still part of the playoff scenario then getting to the playoffs is infinitely easier without Oklahoma and Texas in the conference.

Campbell is regarded as a good coach for getting ISU to 6+ wins for a few years in a row and getting to the Big 12 title game a year ago (albeit in COVID). Doing that in Ames does mean something. He appears to have bought into some of his own schtick with the third-person references and the nonsense about their only goals being the best versions of themselves.

Also, I would imagine there is the question as to whether Breece Hall sticks around ... given his productivity and daft stock ... I would guess that he leaves early. Maybe I'm cuckoo though ...
The thought of him returning hasn’t even crossed my mind. That said, Campbell seems to be pretty good at convincing kids to stay. Even if it’s not in their best interest…

The Big XII probably won’t implode, but it most definitely will be poor. At least relative to what it is now.

Washington is a great job. Unless Aranda is just not a NW guy?

Reactions: grhawk
I would be surprised if he left. Surprised, but not totally shocked. Just depends on what he wants out of his career and what sort of actual offer would be made to him. The story cited here that Washington is looking at Dave Aranda and Campbell made me laugh. Why is Aranda leaving Baylor for the Pac-12? I mean, I guess it's possible if you are of the belief that the Big 12 is going to just implode. But if the Big 12 is still part of the playoff scenario then getting to the playoffs is infinitely easier without Oklahoma and Texas in the conference.

Campbell is regarded as a good coach for getting ISU to 6+ wins for a few years in a row and getting to the Big 12 title game a year ago (albeit in COVID). Doing that in Ames does mean something. He appears to have bought into some of his own schtick with the third-person references and the nonsense about their only goals being the best versions of themselves.
Aranda originally from Cali so not a stretch for him to head back to the West Coast where he has coached before. Campbell on the other hand has never been outside the Midwest and just seems like an odd fit taking that Washington job.

Reactions: David1979
Aranda originally from Cali so not a stretch for him to head back to the West Coast where he has coached before. Campbell on the other hand has never been outside the Midwest and just seems like an odd fit taking that Washington job.
Watching Matty's pressers is weird.

Campball seems like an odd guy. His players might buy his schtick, but the on field results are less than impressive.

For Iowa's sake, I hope he stays.

Watching Matty's pressers is weird.

Campball seems like an odd guy. His players might buy his schtick, but the on field results are less than impressive.

For Iowa's sake, I hope he stays.
It is always interesting what happens when a coach has break through success but then the key players who achieved the success move on. We will see what kind of staying power Campbell’s success is in the next 2-3 years. Will they be able to win 8+ games or will they fall back to under 6?

History shows it is a lot harder to remain a consistent winner than it is to have a few break out years and then fall back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT