ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Celine Prime missed a 2nd 4th down play in 3rd Qtr; Stanford coach chasing the points

uihawk82

HB All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Some really dumb ass head coaching decisions in this game. Another thread mentioned Prime screwing up and going for it on 4th down and missing early in the third qtr at midfield with a 29-0 lead. Stupid #1. Stanford scores and goes for 2 and misses, 29-6. Stupid #2. Stanford scores and misses a 2nd 2 pt conversion. Stupid #2 because now down 29-12, 17 points rather than 29-14 or 2scores at 29-14. Chasing the points early is Stupid.

Then after all of this Colorado has 1st and goal at the 5 in 2nd OT and they seem to not even think about running the ball.

Prime Hubris is what it is. Stanford coach would have crapped it if they had lost in OT when some simple PATs would have won it for them in regulation.

Reactions: F5n5
How many prime posts do we need?
Hey the guy loves and wants the spotlight so lets point out his great coaching.

I mean going for it on 4th down twice in the 3rd qtr in your own territory

YOu could read the post and not reply if you think it too much

Hey the guy loves and wants the spotlight so lets point out his great coaching.

I mean going for it on 4th down twice in the 3rd qtr in your own territory

YOu could read the post and not reply if you think it too much
Yeah, but I decided to read the post and point out how stupid it was for you to start a new thread. We know your disdain for prime.

Yeah, but I decided to read the post and point out how stupid it was for you to start a new thread. We know your disdain for prime.
I dont have disdain for him I just dont think he is a great game time coach!!! Can you honestly look at those two 4th down go for it decisions in the 3rd qtr and say they were good decisions. Totally different late in the game with a 14 point lead to try to seal the deal.

And this is another bad game for penalties for CU, 17 penalties for 127 yards and a really bad penalty by #12 late in the game. That to me is not very good coaching and working for discipline by your players.

I dont have disdain for him I just dont think he is a great game time coach!!! Can you honestly look at those two 4th down go for it decisions in the 3rd qtr and say they were good decisions. Totally different late in the game with a 14 point lead to try to seal the deal.

And this is another bad game for penalties for CU, 17 penalties for 127 yards and a really bad penalty by #12 late in the game. That to me is not very good coaching and working for discipline by your players.
Maybe I’ve you confused with someone else, regarding the hate. I didn’t watch the game, but I’m not surprised he made stupid mistakes. I’m not a fan of him and agree he’s not a great in game coach.

Imagine being the OC or DC who do all the work to have the HC screw up the OT decision a second time in one season.

The guy stands arms akimbo all damn game then steps in to assist with terrible ego calls then throws the players under the bus.

I'll take boring KF all day, every day over priME tiME

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT