ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Morons, yes you

hawkisoaker

HR MVP
Aug 5, 2011
I question many on here about their knowledge of the game of football. All you morons think if you win with great def and avg off it’s somehow less of a win then if you have a great off and avg def. I mean are you all really that dumb? Do you not understand that the final score, no matter how it’s done, determines the winner? I mean seriously how fking dumb does one have to be to infer a win is less of a win if it’s done with great Def vs great OFF. Are you all really that stupid?? But then you call out a coach who will go down as the greatest in the history of Iowa football, and his son who played and coached both in the NFL and Power 5. You dumbasses who work some 8-5 sales job think you know more because you were 2nd team all conference at some 8 man fball team in Iowa.

Seriously, get a fking clue about the game of football. Let me help you there are 3 key phases, OFF, DEF, and Special Teams. It doesn’t matter which of these 3 determine the outcome of a game, you still either win or lose based on the final score, and get the stat in the win or loss column from it, u friggin morons.

It’s still mesmerizing that you fools haven’t noticed the genius behind how KF wins at Iowa, and way above what the realistic expectations should be. With the huge recruiting obstacles of being a state with no nfl team, the smallest population base, corn fields as the pride of playgrounds in the state, and shitty cold ass winters, y’all think he should complete for the top OFF talents like the fools you are. Sorry peeps, how bout you vacation outside of going to the fking Amanas for Christmas and see what kids from other states see when they go on recruiting trips elsewhere. Oh yeah, Iowa City is special, no doubt, but it’s not the only fking awesome college town and game day experience in the game.

KF has a formula that works waaay above what any should at Iowa. He’s knows he could never win consistently trying to focus on scoring points and OFF recruiting focus. Go ask the savior y’all so badly loved early in in Lames, now what, how’s the OFF powerhouse program doing?? He’s just another ISU coach doing below average shit in Lames which is better then what they should be doing, so enjoy just below average in Lames bc it really should be a program that competes with RICE and that’s about it.

KF knows he’s beat if he lines up his OFF against most others, so what does he do? He controlls the number of OFF possessions by making team eat up clock and make long tiring drives to score points with his bend don’t break style of D. And on top of that it’s hard for college age kids to stay patient and not mistakes along the way in Doug so, hence all of our turnover successes.

Offensively he runs the ball and the clock and again shortens the games, the number of possessions opponents get and at the end of the day bets on his DEF being better than the other teams OFF. What’s so fin wrong with that? Other than y’all don’t get to stroke yourselves more during the game bc of OFF touchdowns.

How dumb would it be for KF to have a forced focus of scoring quickly to satisfy you blowhard fans, meanwhile allowing more possessions and wearing out his DEF who he relays on executing every play. Not to mention most programs are going to have better OFF talent to score points. But truly there are some fools on here that would probably be happier with more points and less wins.

Not only has KF done more for the state of Iowa and Iowa football, putting the program on the map and known in the national sports media, he is respected more by the NFL than any other coach in college football, possibly as much as a couple others, but no one has a better reputation of developing kids in the game of football period, and all the facts and numbers are there to support that statement, to include statements from coaches, owners, front office people in the NFL.

So why not get on this bandwagon of supporting the spectacular DEF he puts out there yr in and yr out, understand why the scores are lower, and appreciate what could be and I predict will be, the best 20 some yrs of football to ever be played at Iowa.

Not to mention if Maybe, just maybe, y’all supported the kids and coaches instead being in there Heads’s bout how bad it is, bc we know they read it, they would play with a tad bit more confidence, free of worry, and score just a few more pints along the way to get us over the hump and into a CFP game or 2. Or go do yourselves a favor and watch a different team or sport, maybe Americas favorite past time, baseball… yeah cause that’s just a OFF fking delight type of game you hypocrites!

KF for life, azzholes!!

I question many on here about their knowledge of the game of football. All you morons think if you win with great def and avg off it’s somehow less of a win then if you have a great off and avg def. I mean are you all really that dumb? Do you not understand that the final score, no matter how it’s done, determines the winner? I mean seriously how fking dumb does one have to be to infer a win is less of a win if it’s done with great Def vs great OFF. Are you all really that stupid?? But then you call out a coach who will go down as the greatest in the history of Iowa football, and his son who played and coached both in the NFL and Power 5. You dumbasses who work some 8-5 sales job think you know more because you were 2nd team all conference at some 8 man fball team in Iowa.

Seriously, get a fking clue about the game of football. Let me help you there are 3 key phases, OFF, DEF, and Special Teams. It doesn’t matter which of these 3 determine the outcome of a game, you still either win or lose based on the final score, and get the stat in the win or loss column from it, u friggin morons.

It’s still mesmerizing that you fools haven’t noticed the genius behind how KF wins at Iowa, and way above what the realistic expectations should be. With the huge recruiting obstacles of being a state with no nfl team, the smallest population base, corn fields as the pride of playgrounds in the state, and shitty cold ass winters, y’all think he should complete for the top OFF talents like the fools you are. Sorry peeps, how bout you vacation outside of going to the fking Amanas for Christmas and see what kids from other states see when they go on recruiting trips elsewhere. Oh yeah, Iowa City is special, no doubt, but it’s not the only fking awesome college town and game day experience in the game.

KF has a formula that works waaay above what any should at Iowa. He’s knows he could never win consistently trying to focus on scoring points and OFF recruiting focus. Go ask the savior y’all so badly loved early in in Lames, now what, how’s the OFF powerhouse program doing?? He’s just another ISU coach doing below average shit in Lames which is better then what they should be doing, so enjoy just below average in Lames bc it really should be a program that competes with RICE and that’s about it.

KF knows he’s beat if he lines up his OFF against most others, so what does he do? He controlls the number of OFF possessions by making team eat up clock and make long tiring drives to score points with his bend don’t break style of D. And on top of that it’s hard for college age kids to stay patient and not mistakes along the way in Doug so, hence all of our turnover successes.

Offensively he runs the ball and the clock and again shortens the games, the number of possessions opponents get and at the end of the day bets on his DEF being better than the other teams OFF. What’s so fin wrong with that? Other than y’all don’t get to stroke yourselves more during the game bc of OFF touchdowns.

How dumb would it be for KF to have a forced focus of scoring quickly to satisfy you blowhard fans, meanwhile allowing more possessions and wearing out his DEF who he relays on executing every play. Not to mention most programs are going to have better OFF talent to score points. But truly there are some fools on here that would probably be happier with more points and less wins.

Not only has KF done more for the state of Iowa and Iowa football, putting the program on the map and known in the national sports media, he is respected more by the NFL than any other coach in college football, possibly as much as a couple others, but no one has a better reputation of developing kids in the game of football period, and all the facts and numbers are there to support that statement, to include statements from coaches, owners, front office people in the NFL.

So why not get on this bandwagon of supporting the spectacular DEF he puts out there yr in and yr out, understand why the scores are lower, and appreciate what could be and I predict will be, the best 20 some yrs of football to ever be played at Iowa.

Not to mention if Maybe, just maybe, y’all supported the kids and coaches instead being in there Heads’s bout how bad it is, bc we know they read it, they would play with a tad bit more confidence, free of worry, and score just a few more pints along the way to get us over the hump and into a CFP game or 2. Or go do yourselves a favor and watch a different team or sport, maybe Americas favorite past time, baseball… yeah cause that’s just a OFF fking delight type of game you hypocrites!

KF for life, azzholes!!
The menial job market is pretty good right now...give it another shot.....

You've convinced me....having the last place offense in the Big Ten is perfectly fine and we should feel happy about that. ... That does feel better.
Thanks for proving your ignorance, no one else try’s to control the game and time of possession like KF, so obviously our OFF stats are lacking, bc our possession are lacking by design. Thats the entire plan foo!! Go look at all the teams we play and their TOP, PTs scored, etc.. it’s the game plan being executed. They don’t put up the stats against us either like they do against other teams. U really don’t get it do u?

It is possible to celebrate the wins and still desire an offense that is consistent. 9 first downs and 45 offensive plays in a game is substandard for a D1 team. That said, I think the offense is better than last year and will improve during the season.
Fair enough, I agree I think the OFF is in the verge of being one of his better ones. We’ve had about 7 Td’s either dropped or just missed on the throw, or 1 blk away.

..but you were foolish enough to feel like you should comment on something you no nothing about, sounds about right considering your take on football…ignant
Someone is spicy this morning. Takes a fool to know one? Please expound on my take on football. I'd like to hear it since I don't think I've offered one. Also what's ignant? Some sort of acronym?

Thanks for proving your ignorance, no one else try’s to control the game and time of possession like KF, so obviously our OFF stats are lacking, bc our possession are lacking by design. Thats the entire plan foo!! Go look at all the teams we play and their TOP, PTs scored, etc.. it’s the game plan being executed. They don’t put up the stats against us either like they do against other teams. U really don’t get it do u?
No. No I don't. Thank God.

I was jokin. Just trying to have some fun.
Lol.. I know. Damned OFF has the tools, I think they’ll end up pretty good. Got to execute some of those big plays. He’ll jazz was an ankle tackle away on 2 more yesterday, and Seth has been open deep 3 times now. Cade gets a bit healthier and able to move those routes and throws will match up better.

KF for life, azzholes!!
I read most of this but my only argument and the only argument I make about the KF offense, is that year after year we can't run the ball. I don't care about 4* receivers or spread offenses, I think you're right about *how* he wins games. I just wish we could run the damn ball consistently.

It's baffling considering he's an oline guru and we should be able to recruit guys to work as a unit. Sure, we've had some stud linemen but we haven't had a solid group in a long time. Even with Alaric Jackson, Wirfs and Linderbaum we've struggled to run the ball consistently.

KF for life, azzholes!!
So you'd be right except for your 6th paragraph. That's a narrative that some of you use but it's not true. We don't run the ball and the clock and shorten the game. Or limit the number of possessions opponents get. We lead the nation in punting last year. We punt more than anyone which means we are giving the opponent MORE possessions. We almost never win the time of possession battle because we can't sustain drives by actually running the ball and getting a lot of long drives and first downs. Our bend but don't break defense does work and has proven to work time and time again. Now if you want to say punting is winning and putting our best unit on the field I'll agree w/that.

I read most of this but my only argument and the only argument I make about the KF offense, is that year after year we can't run the ball. I don't care about 4* receivers or spread offenses, I think you're right about *how* he wins games. I just wish we could run the damn ball consistently.

It's baffling considering he's an oline guru and we should be able to recruit guys to work as a unit. Sure, we've had some stud linemen but we haven't had a solid group in a long time. Even with Alaric Jackson, Wirfs and Linderbaum we've struggled to run the ball consistently.
I can agree with you, and have said the same. I think since JP left it’s never been the same quality up front. There’s been a mix of injuries also but definitely should look better. They have at times, the NE games, & some others. I think the other end is we have been down in the wr and qb talent so they can just load up. I think if CM gets healthy this could be much better. This OFF has more weapons than we’ve had in a while and just missed on several big plays that would have blown open both games. If he’s healthy and can move better, he’ll get comfortable and down the road those throws will land. He’s night and day from SP

So you'd be right except for your 6th paragraph. That's a narrative that some of you use but it's not true. We don't run the ball and the clock and shorten the game. Or limit the number of possessions opponents get. We lead the nation in punting last year. We punt more than anyone which means we are giving the opponent MORE possessions. We almost never win the time of possession battle because we can't sustain drives by actually running the ball and getting a lot of long drives and first downs. Our bend but don't break defense does work and has proven to work time and time again. Now if you want to say punting is winning and putting our best unit on the field I'll agree w/that.
I agree at times it doesn’t work, that’s the philosophy he uses to win and when we win, it usually applies… which is the point.

I’d love to hear your rebuttal. BF sucks our OFF sucks they are trying to win by scoring 50 a game but just suck at doing it…sound about right?

I agree at times it doesn’t work, that’s the philosophy he uses to win and when we win, it usually applies… which is the point.
In theory it works if you control the clock and time of possession and your offense sustains drives. Has Kirk ever really said this? I think he likes to say he wants to be balanced. My point is people say we want to run the ball and control time of possession. It really hasn't been true for awhile. When you are leading the nation in punts per game and people are printing shirts saying punting is winning it's not working. We've evolved on defense over the years to combat spread offenses and that has made our defense even better.

Lol.. I know. Damned OFF has the tools, I think they’ll end up pretty good. Got to execute some of those big plays. He’ll jazz was an ankle tackle away on 2 more yesterday, and Seth has been open deep 3 times now. Cade gets a bit healthier and able to move those routes and throws will match up better.
They definitely have the tools. They just don’t have a conductor. Well actually they do, I’d feel more comfortable with Cade calling his own plays. 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT