ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Condi?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Browns general manager John Dorsey said last week that he was open to hiring a woman as Cleveland's next head coach, and one prominent name is on the team's wish list to interview.

The Browns would like to interview former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for the job, a league source told ESPN.

If the Browns follow through on it, Rice would become the first woman to interview for an NFL head-coaching job.

After word of the Browns' possible interest in Rice got back to the team, Dorsey issued a statement.

"Our coaching search will be thorough and deliberate, but we are still in the process of composing the list of candidates and Secretary Rice has not been discussed," he said.

Rice also posted Sunday on Facebook that while she's "not ready to coach," she "would like to call a play or two next season if the Browns need ideas."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-interview-condoleezza-rice-head-coaching-job

I don't know about this but I, while no Condy Rice fan, am in favor of her recent efforts as it relates to AAU basketball. I'm curious what @Barnstormers Hoops might have to say about this.

I guess this would test the “coach is CEO”.

She would probably put OC and DC in complete control and worry about quality control and perfecting systems.

Reactions: The Tradition
Has an NFL coach ever been hired that had zero formal coaching experience? Because if the new bar for entry is "I watch a lot of football on TV", I think about 100 million people just became qualified to coach in the NFL.

Browns might be looking for a leak within organization.

Tell a suspected leak about Rice, tell them to keep it quiet and when it comes out, you have ID’d your leak.

Rumor is McCarthy gets fired by Green Bay last Sunday of the season and his introduced as Cleveland’s new HC the following Tuesday.
The NFL, like the SEC gets a bit incestuous when it comes to coaching positions.

Rumor is McCarthy gets fired by Green Bay last Sunday of the season and his introduced as Cleveland’s new HC the following Tuesday.
The NFL, like the SEC gets a bit incestuous when it comes to coaching positions.

As a Packers fan, can this be moved up? To say...today?

Reactions: IACub

retreads.jpg

Reactions: The Tradition
As a Packers fan, can this be moved up? To say...today?
I don’t understand the Packer fans disdain for McCarhy.....Pack fans to me, are bit like Yankee fans and need to understand that the sun doesn’t shine on the same dogs rump every day.....
I think McCarthy is done based on some insinuations made the past couple of weeks by Rodgers....supposedly McCarthy has lots of friends in the Browns organization.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I don’t understand the Packer fans disdain for McCarhy.....Pack fans to me, are bit like Yankee fans and need to understand that the sun doesn’t shine on the same dogs rump every day.....
I think McCarthy is done based on some insinuations made the past couple of weeks by Rodgers....supposedly McCarthy has lots of friends in the Browns organization.
I'm not a Packers fan, but he's had arguably the best QB in football and only one championship to show for it. They look at what Belichick has done with Brady and a less than stellar supporting cast and become a bit jealous.

I'm not a Packers fan, but he's had arguably the best QB in football and only one championship to show for it. They look at what Belichick has done with Brady and a less than stellar supporting cast and become a bit jealous.
Are they gonna hire Belichek? Bill wasn’t even good enough for the Browns? :eek: That logic is a no go unless they are gonna hire BB. Remember how Iowa AD Bob Bowlsby fired Tom Davis because he couldn’t get Iowa “to the next level”?
Rodgers is good...but Brady is better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT