ADVERTISEMENT

Coach sits his but on the bench all game

Wango Z Tango

Team MVP
Dec 31, 2004
Chicago
I moaned about this the past couple games. Our opponents Coach is up and Coaching, teaching, involved in the game.
Iowa's Coach is not. Francis gets up only when he absolutely has to..
The guy just is a poor in-game coach.

Would it surprise you if a couple of these freshman said the heck with it and entered the transfer portal?
I believe Ahron Ulis has gotten the biggest screw job of the entire roster. Because he a better point guard than Joe T
and a better point guard and defender than Jordan because Jordan B. is a damn shooting guard not point.

Tonight was a very difficult 2nd half to watch.

usa_today_9892375.0.jpg

Never thought Fran being too docile sitting with his BUTT on the bench would be a complaint targeted at him.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you about Fran, what on earth has Ullis shown to display he's a better option at PG that JT?

I moaned about this the past couple games. Our opponents Coach is up and Coaching, teaching, involved in the game.
Iowa's Coach is not. Francis gets up only when he absolutely has to..
The guy just is a poor in-game coach.

Would it surprise you if a couple of these freshman said the heck with it and entered the transfer portal?
I believe Ahron Ulis has gotten the biggest screw job of the entire roster. Because he a better point guard than Joe T
and a better point guard and defender than Jordan because Jordan B. is a damn shooting guard not point.

Tonight was a very difficult 2nd half to watch.

Plenty of coaches who are great in-game coaches who sit most of the time. Quite honestly, with no fans especially the players can hear the coach just great whether he's sitting or standing. The real coaching takes place in practice, not in games. As in, you can't suddenly teach guys to play defense in the middle of the game. Yes, adjustments can be made. But if players are not aware of what you want them to do already, you won't be able to really show them in the game. None of us know what goes on in practice. Whatever ails Iowa is likely happening or not happening in practice.

I don't believe the freshmen are going to transfer. Murray, Ulis, and Murray's twin brother could all play much bigger minutes next year. They are at a Big 10 school with a real chance to play within 2 years of getting on campus.

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT