ADVERTISEMENT

Colby

vanhawkman

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2015
What is going on with this kid? Hurt? Coaching? Just don't get how the wheels have come off this year. I get Michigan is good, but that was not a good showing

It’s okay to say he’s just not that good. He clearly doesn’t have the athleticism and strength for this level of football, and that is not going to change in the next two years.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
It’s okay to say he’s just not that good. He clearly doesn’t have the athleticism and strength for this level of football, and that is not going to change in the next two years.
Lol. He definitely has the size and strength. It appears he may be better a G. The kid had an OSU offer. He is talented.

The best we have right now at RT. Perhaps Proctor steps right in next year, and Colby moves back to RG, making the entire line better.
Proctor may be rethinking that commitment. Unless he wants to be the anchor to help whatever that is opposite the defense.

Reactions: jhawk23
What is going on with this kid? Hurt? Coaching? Just don't get how the wheels have come off this year. I get Michigan is good, but that was not a good showing
It’s coaching. After the fifth time a guy is burned, you get him some help. Even HS coaches know you have to chip that DE with an RB. BF-KF just absolutely blow. No clue.

He was recruited to play inside. We just have nobody that can play the position. Entire offensive staff should be fired.
Abdul seems to be doing okay but would like to see significant changes otherwise. Barnett and Brian not getting it done obviously

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
He was recruited to play inside. We just have nobody that can play the position. Entire offensive staff should be fired.
I'm pretty sure KF/BF signed off on every OL recruit and since it is their individual area of expertise, oversee the OL coach. The current OL coach didn't recruit this group.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
They went after Oluwatimi in the portal. Assuming you didn't know who he is, he was the guy playing C for Michigan today.
Okay, but why not other OL in portal. IMO because Ferentz hates the portal. Rather than accepting reality and using it to strengthen team.

Okay, but why not other OL in portal. IMO because Ferentz hates the portal. Rather than accepting reality and using it to strengthen team.
I really do not fully understand these comments, Iowa is shitty at recruiting from the portal, but to blame it on Kirk even though he is old school does not illustrate anything. They went after a WR that ended up at Texas this year, a C that ended up at Michigan, a QB that went to hang with his girlfriend, another QB that we don't know ( again I'll make claim it was Max Duggan without any info)....What more would you like to complain about?

I really do not fully understand these comments, Iowa is shitty at recruiting from the portal, but to blame it on Kirk even though he is old school does not illustrate anything. They went after a WR that ended up at Texas this year, a C that ended up at Michigan, a QB that went to hang with his girlfriend, another QB that we don't know ( again I'll make claim it was Max Duggan without any info)....What more would you like to complain about?
So he is great recruiter or maybe he should change his offense. Nobody wants to play for a dinosaur except maybe you.

Reactions: Legs94
So he is great recruiter or maybe he should change his offense. Nobody wants to play for a dinosaur except maybe you.
Point me to where I said I want to play for this offense, I understand why you are trying to move the goal posts though.

Barnett has been here since 2021 and didn't recruit the kids that are here. Brian I can agree with.
He may not have recruited them but he’s not doing a good job coaching them either. Not much, if any improvement from last year.

Offers and talent mean nothing if you don’t develop at this level, and his body of work over the last two years is proof enough for me. He ain’t it.
Well last year he was a freshman All-American and arguably the second best on the OL. He doesn’t look good at Tackle but I think the coaching is an issue because we have multiple guys that have regressed badly this year

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT