ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Relegation...

obfuscating

HR Legend
Jan 8, 2016
While college football conferences continue to look different amid realignment, what if the sport went to an entirely different model?

A relegation proposal for college football is starting to gain some traction on social media.

The proposal, which calls for five different levels - Premier, Championship, League 1, League 2 and Geographical - has been going viral on social media.

Relegation proposal

F3Rx3s6WoAI-5Ad

While college football conferences continue to look different amid realignment, what if the sport went to an entirely different model?

A relegation proposal for college football is starting to gain some traction on social media.

The proposal, which calls for five different levels - Premier, Championship, League 1, League 2 and Geographical - has been going viral on social media.

Relegation proposal

F3Rx3s6WoAI-5Ad

Cool concept, however major effing reaches in the tiers…

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
I’d only want to see if if every division had a chance to move up. Some FCS schools and programs are better than several FBS schools historically. Even then, I don’t really want to see it and think it’s a poor concept for amateur sports where players have limited eligibility. Also with the portal and NIL, the best players on teams relegated to a lesser league would just transfer back to a top division.

• Haha
IKR - saw the article and found it interesting, not really fathomable though. Just glad they downgraded Nebby in the ratings. :)

I’ve always been an advocate of that concept, but I’m not sure it works in college football. But as far as the reaches go, they’re gonna put Texas, Tennesse, FSU, TCU & K-st in the top division? Oklahoma in the second division and if memory recalls Miami in the 4th division that’s effing stupid….

• Haha
A super conference isn't out of the question at some point. However, a relegation system is harder to fit into college football where the personnel is changing every year due to eligibility issues turning over rosters every year, even without factoring in NIL and the transfer portal. It would be a huge sales pitch for the top flight teams to any player considering transferring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT