ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Survivor Pool - Week 1

Sep 3, 2009
If it's your first time playing, or you need a refresher, here are the basic rules:

-Pick a team you think will win each week. Ignore Week 0, we will start on Week 1.

-You can only pick a team that is currently undefeated.

-You can only pick an FBS team that is playing an FBS team. (don't bank on other players calling you out to help. Google it if you're not sure about a team.

-You can only pick a team once per season!

-If the team you pick wins, you survive to the next week.

-Picks must be made before the kickoff of the game you pick (based ONLY on time stamp of your post) or will be a DQ. They must be made public on this board, NOT a message to me.

- If necessary, we will pick up-to and including "Bowl Week" to determine a winner.

THE SCHEDULE: https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/football/fbs

Why must you pick a team that is undefeated? The pool of teams is likely going to shrink to single digits by week 5 and if you can’t pick a team more than once, that could narrow your options to zero in some cases.

Why must you pick a team that is undefeated? The pool of teams is likely going to shrink to single digits by week 5 and if you can’t pick a team more than once, that could narrow your options to zero in some cases.
Wasn't a problem last year, there were still three undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. If I allowed any team to be picked, you could easily pick a team that plays a bottom feeder every week, there would probably be dozens of people who could do that successfully.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Wasn't a problem last year, there were still three undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. If I allowed any team to be picked, you could easily pick a team that plays a bottom feeder every week, there would probably be dozens of people who could do that successfully.
So, can anyone pick a team you pick the following week?

Week 1: Texas

hook-em-horns.gif

You cannot pick a team twice in one season, but other peoples picks have no bearing on your pick.
I get what I can do.

I'm just asking if I pick Georgia in week 1, then can AverageHawkFan1998 take Georgia in week 2?

I would assume so based on what you're saying, but I figured I'd ask.

So what happens when it’s Week 10 and there are only 6 undefeated teams left, but I’ve already picked all them in previous weeks?

If someone else still has teams left to choose and is successful, they have advanced further than you and you are not the winner. You have to try to save the likely undefeated teams until the end if you can.
Correct, part of the strategy is to not pick the top teams right away, they will be undefeated deeper into the season. If you run out of teams to pick, you should hope no one else has any teams left either.

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT