ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Win Totals

It will be glorious when the Hawks win in Lincoln this year. They will want to run the old coach right out of town. Loved the quote from the Nebraska D coordinator last year about how Iowa's practices must be blood bathes. yeah coach the Hawks play tough and old Kirk ran up the score or at least allowed that to happen which was so un-Kirk like.
Bookmarked.

Hawks may want to show up and beat their FCS foe in 2017..

Jokes on you they don't play a FCS team in 2017. However Huskers may want to show up and beat the school to the East of them and not lose by 30 again or at home vs them for 3rd time in a row.

Jokes on you they don't play a FCS team in 2017. However Huskers may want to show up and beat the school to the East of them and not lose by 30 again or at home vs them for 3rd time in a row.
The hawks are now dodging FCS schools. I can't explain why the neb players cannot get motivated to play Iowa, but I would expect this series to continue with neb winning 2/3 of the hawk/neb games. Good luck with your new QB. Enjoy the season.

The hawks are now dodging FCS schools. I can't explain why the neb players cannot get motivated to play Iowa, but I would expect this series to continue with neb winning 2/3 of the hawk/neb games. Good luck with your new QB. Enjoy the season.
If Iowa could get fired up for our lil bro this series should be 6-0 Hawks. Every year we're flat when we play Neb & that's how you only end up 3-3 against a light program like that.

If Iowa could get fired up for our lil bro this series should be 6-0 Hawks. Every year we're flat when we play Neb & that's how you only end up 3-3 against a light program like that.
That's the kind of woulda, coulda, shoulda response that is common over here. In your world, the hawks coulda won an NC in 2004 and 2015. The hawks woulda won B1G champ in 2015, but refs screwed them over. The hawks shoulda beat NDSU. Most of us have to live in reality. Congrats to you though.

RMH, please enlighten us on what statistical fact you are using to claim big bro status over isu, neb etc...I will anxiously await your reply.

Football & basketball. Probably other sports as well.
Of course you avoided a statistical answer. Let me help. For neb vs. Iowa football I use total win percentage, or I could use wins in the Fry era, or I could use wins by neb against KF. All of those statistics paint a picture that runs contrary to your narrative. Hawks should be happy with two in a row. Remember, a lot of you hawk fans discount the first two KF throttlings by neb due to the fact he was a "new HC". I doubt you'd give MR the same leeway, but this board is not known for its reasoning.

Of course you avoided a statistical answer. Let me help. For neb vs. Iowa football I use total win percentage, or I could use wins in the Fry era, or I could use wins by neb against KF. All of those statistics paint a picture that runs contrary to your narrative. Hawks should be happy with two in a row. Remember, a lot of you hawk fans discount the first two KF throttlings by neb due to the fact he was a "new HC". I doubt you'd give MR the same leeway, but this board is not known for its reasoning.
I'm all B1G. Let me know the totals since you've joined in major sports. Too lazy to look it up.

I dont know why everyone is worried about Wyoming. They are nothing that Iowa should not beat easily. Of course they are better than ND state and Iowa state soooooo...

23-21 NDSU

Dude you lo
I dont know why everyone is worried about Wyoming. They are nothing that Iowa should not beat easily. Of course they are better than ND state and Iowa state soooooo...

In my opinion this game comes down to 2 things, first is our run game and second would be the play of our safeties on defense. I think BF will just run and pound in this game letting Wadley, Young and Toks go at them. I bet we come close to 300 yards rushing in this game. I would be sure on D that Wyoming with that QB will be testing out our safeties early.

I'd say that MR had just a little bit more talent left to him than KF had left to him.

You have a grand imagination or a brain that is idled by too much legal dooby.

I was laughing at this discussion and just enjoying the reading, until I saw this and had to ask; was this handle created just for this argument? That's a new level of pathetic, if so.

I bet Nebraska is dodging FCS schools also. Everyone in the Big Ten is mandated to do so starting very soon.

I'm glad you are telling Iowa fans not to be worried. Also you do realize when you post Iowa is better than Iowa State that we Iowa has won 2 in a row just as they have done against another team. Now let me think who else have they've beaten 2 times in a row. That's right, it is Nebraska sooooooo........what's your point again?

Last edited:

Wyoming isn't better than NDSU. In last year's Sagarin ratings, NDSU was 44 and Wyoming was 78. And Wyoming lost a lot of their top players.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Wyoming isn't better than NDSU. In last year's Sagarin ratings, NDSU was 44 and Wyoming was 78. And Wyoming lost a lot of their top players.

When speaking about Wyoming you bring up something lot of people tend to ignore is how they lost a lot of offensive talent. RB left early 5th rd NFL pick, Center late Rd pick and top WR & TE FA acquisitions. On top of that #2 RB and WR graduated too. As we saw last year with CJ, not saying he has more pro potential than Wyoming QB, but he was a guy who has NFL talent and 3rd rd draft pick was limited between Jr and Sr year when lost guys due to injury and the draft.

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT