ADVERTISEMENT

Conner Should Be Starting At Point Guard

I wouldn't go with this as the starting lineup, but I'd like to see about 5 mins per half of Dailey, Wieskamp, Baer, Cook and Garza in an aggressive 1-3-1 zone.

I don't think it's fair to say that Moss isn't GOOD. I believe he has talent but there is certainly a disconnect between that talent and the mental side of things. There are times when he looks like an NBA guy when he is letting the game flow and basically playing street ball out there. But he is so timid that he ends up doing nothing out there. As someone said, maybe sitting on the bench will help him value the minutes he gets and make more of them.

Nate Stanley?

Reactions: lonewolf52
We will see Thursday night if Fran's incessant talk about changes and renewed focus on defense pays dividends. I am not expecting a W but hope to see Iowa compete. If it's another drubbing it will not bode well for the rest of the season. I am still of the opinion that athletically Iowa is closer to an MVC school. Connor is essentially
Stats don’t tell the whole story because you don’t like what they have to say. They don’t fit your narrative that Moss hasn’t improved in any facet since coming to Iowa, which is complete BS.

So now Moss’ numbers have only improved because it’s against weaker competition? Let’s just look at B1G conf stats:

Started all 18 games both years. Mpg went up. Fg%, 2pt fg%, 3pt fg % all went up, including .421% from 3 during conf games. FTA and FT%(.875%) both went up. Rebounds, both off and def up. Assists went up as turnovers and fouls went down (per 40 min).

I’m not trying to convince you on an opinion about Moss, clearly your mind is made up. I’m pointing out that you are a liar.

Remind me how much he has improved when he is displaced by Daley before the B1G season if not before. Last I checked he
Stats don’t tell the whole story because you don’t like what they have to say. They don’t fit your narrative that Moss hasn’t improved in any facet since coming to Iowa, which is complete BS.

So now Moss’ numbers have only improved because it’s against weaker competition? Let’s just look at B1G conf stats:

Started all 18 games both years. Mpg went up. Fg%, 2pt fg%, 3pt fg % all went up, including .421% from 3 during conf games. FTA and FT%(.875%) both went up. Rebounds, both off and def up. Assists went up as turnovers and fouls went down (per 40 min).

I’m not trying to convince you on an opinion about Moss, clearly your mind is made up. I’m pointing out that you are a liar.

Moss is .111 from 2 and .200 from 3. That is almost impossible to do especially for a 2 guard who has been in the program 4 years. His MPG going up has been driven by necessity (lack of alternatives) than his play. Who was Fran going to put in....Brady? Remind me how much he has improved when he is displaced by Maishe before the B1G season.

We will see Thursday night if Fran's incessant talk about changes and renewed focus on defense pays dividends. I am not expecting a W but hope to see Iowa compete. If it's another drubbing it will not bode well for the rest of the season. I am still of the opinion that athletically Iowa is closer to an MVC school. Connor is essentially

Remind me how much he has improved when he is displaced by Daley before the B1G season if not before. Last I checked he

Moss is .111 from 2 and .200 from 3. That is almost impossible to do especially for a 2 guard who has been in the program 4 years. His MPG going up has been driven by necessity (lack of alternatives) than his play. Who was Fran going to put in....Brady? Remind me how much he has improved when he is displaced by Maishe before the B1G season.

So he has improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT