ADVERTISEMENT

Connor=Lil Lick 2.0

i look at him and think average basketball player, which would mean he is a 3 star recruit.

how the heck he was 4 star i have no idea. but I thought that about Woody and Mike G as well.

It's called Iowa high school basketball.
I think people forget Connor is a big reason why we won that tournament in New York earlier in the season, and a big reason why we beat ISU. He is not good right now, but no one on the team is playing well right now.

Agree but what the hell does Fran evaluate on the recruiting trail? Step slow-check. No ability to create-check. No hops-check. Big but plays small-check. Lax on D- check. How can a guy who gives a crap about winning miss on the same attributes for 9 years? Brody Boyd is starting to look like CP3 in my flashbacks.

I wish Fran would have fired one of his assistants and hired AJ Green's dad from UNI so we could have had him for the next 4 years. Green is 10x the player that Connor is.

You re overlooking how poorly JBo playing at pG. that’s why Conner playing. Two turnovers on first two possessions doesn’t cut it

Correct. That and Moss being the worst starting SG in the Big Ten is why Connor is playing more then he should. Yes, he’s not a good shooter but he is a viable back-up PG. it’s just he should only be playing 5-10 minutes a game but the starting PG is an undersized SH and the starting SG is a 4th year player who disappears 90% of the time, passes up open shots because he is only confident if the first few go in, and offers nothing else in his game.

People ragging on Connor and blaming him are just misplacing their anger towards Fran. Connor is a minor issue to the real problems right now.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Conner is playing point guard. HE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. He's really not much of anything. He's not a 2 or a 3 either. The fact is, he wouldn't see the court for another P5 school. This IS NOT his fault. This falls squarely on Fran and his assistants for piss poor recruiting.

Wouldn’t see the court for another P5 school? Come on man. Yes, we are all mad at Fran but be realistic. I’m sure no their P5 school would have offered a Top 150 recruit. Again, he is playing too much but as a back-up PG he is serviceable.

Wouldn’t see the court for another P5 school? Come on man. Yes, we are all mad at Fran but be realistic. I’m sure no their P5 school would have offered a Top 150 recruit. Again, he is playing too much but as a back-up PG he is serviceable.
No. He. Isn't. And whoever gave him his ranking should be banned from basketball.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
No. He. Isn't. And whoever gave him his ranking should be banned from basketball.

He’s about 5th or 6th in line of issues so I can only assume you are completely irate at most of the starters. At least Connor attempted to drive to the basket and get to the FT line. He had 2/3rds of the team’s FT attempts. At least I can tell that he is trying and competing, which I can’t say for half the team these days. People are bitching about the back-up PG and 3rd guy off the bench while 3/5 of the starters are sleepwalking through games and giving minimal effort and scared to compete.

Conner is playing point guard. HE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. He's really not much of anything. He's not a 2 or a 3 either. The fact is, he wouldn't see the court for another P5 school. This IS NOT his fault. This falls squarely on Fran and his assistants for piss poor recruiting.
Hmm. And yet he's playing the 1, 3 and 4 spots spots this year. How many other P5 players are doing that so effectively?

Such piss poor recruiting has really bit the Hawks in the ass.

Ha... when I saw this thread I was nervous to see what I wrote. :)

Not complimentary in any way, but could have been worse. I remember being a bit frustrated last year. I will take a helping of crow please.

A lot of the posters on this thread are doing this about right now! Great thread to dig up!

giphy.gif

Just making sure I hadn’t contributed to this thread. The “he wouldn’t play at any other school” type threads usually don’t age well.

I had to look if I posted as well! Happy to say I didn't. I remember seeing this thread last year.

I wasn't thrilled with Connor's play, but wasn't going overboard and saying he wasn't a P5 player. He was a freshman for F sake!

It sucks that nepotism can take place in basketball.

On our #1 ranked Wrestling team Nelson Brands got a few wins (at 184 lbs despite him being listed at 165lbs on our roster) but after he and Cash Wilcke underperformed at Midlands Tom and Terry pulled Abe Assad's redshirt (with mixed results)

Wrestling will never be as mainstream as Mens Basketball but atleast there is a clear criteria for who gets too compete

My take on Connor has been consistent the entire time.

Hes a utility player. Does a little bit of everything. And he needs to shoot when open no exceptions.

He was never the "answer" at pg but was a quality piece that will help you win.

On our #1 ranked Wrestling team Nelson Brands got a few wins (at 184 lbs despite him being listed at 165lbs on our roster) but after he and Cash Wilcke underperformed at Midlands Tom and Terry pulled Abe Assad's redshirt (with mixed results)

Wrestling will never be as mainstream as Mens Basketball but atleast there is a clear criteria for who gets too compete
This is a basketball thread. Shut up.

You dumb bro

Oh wow.....I thought this was a post from like early December.

Turns out there are still idiots out there willing to post something this stupid in February.

That's great lol.

He still shoots a ton. More efficient this year but I’m not sure a volume shooter, along with Garza, could coexist.
Wait, who shoots a ton, Connor? You mean when no one got open and he is forced to take a shot? While I don't agree that is generally the best route for the O he isn't forcing anything. He is WIDE open on the 3's he takes, almost always and thankfully he hit 3 key ones vs Illannoy or we lose that game.

Reactions: ChiHawk21
Wait, who shoots a ton, Connor? You mean when no one got open and he is forced to take a shot? While I don't agree that is generally the best route for the O he isn't forcing anything. He is WIDE open on the 3's he takes, almost always and thankfully he hit 3 key ones vs Illannoy or we lose that game.

Follow the bouncing ball dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT