ADVERTISEMENT

Cons; Would you throw your parents off Medicare? I would

Let's balance the budget.

Medicare is THE problem. No more life saving health care after 80. That will do it.
Anyone over 80 and anyone with a terminal illness get palliative and hospice care only. Anything more they can pay for themselves.

No. Medicare does not actually pay much for her care. Her pension is. She does get some Medicare for the medical component.

Its not money well spent.
So Medicare isn't really spending much on your mother's care. Your proposal wouldn't save much in her situation.

I know dementia sucks, my mom had it at the very end of her life. It's really hard for family members.

Anyone over 80 and anyone with a terminal illness get palliative and hospice care only. Anything more they can pay for themselves.
So a 80 year old person, who was otherwise healthy, falls in the street and breaks their hip. An ambulance is called and I get there. What’s palliative? Pain meds? Transport? You understand that if we don’t fix their hip they may live another 10+ years confined to a bed. Is that really cheaper?

Taking a person who is otherwise healthy and denying them healthcare is something that happens in a country no civilized person should want to live in.

This is a good debate. Terminal people go to hospitals for no reason other than convenience. Nursing homes defy no treatment orders because they don’t want to deal with someone dying.

So a 80 year old person, who was otherwise healthy, falls in the street and breaks their hip.
In case you're not aware, a fall and broken hip is frequently the beginning of the end for old people. They can fund anything beyond palliative and hospice care on their own.

I'm not the one who's all pissed off. I also don't know all the ins and outs of problem so it would be difficult to find a true solution, but I do know your "solution" isn't really a solution. You're just pissed you mother is still alive and consuming resources. If you don't like it, then send her to hospice, they'll put her to sleep.
He's mad because she is selfishly spending his inheritance on herself.

Reactions: SB_SB
Neither party has any interest in balancing a budget or spending less. They are full of shit.

Anyone that really wants to balance a budget means you need to increase revenue, so higher taxes. Which I am fine with. We need revenue for infrastructure.

Everytime GOP starts a war and cuts taxes, a baby cries

Reactions: Ree4
So Medicare isn't really spending much on your mother's care. Your proposal wouldn't save much in her situation.

I know dementia sucks, my mom had it at the very end of her life. It's really hard for family members.

yes it sucks and it makes you think differently about life.

Reactions: gohawks50
I send them and God sorts them out....
It may be, in the sight of Heaven, that you are more insignificant and fit to live than MILLIONS of senior citizens.

Mama ran out of money for your inheritance, so now you want her to die.

Reactions: SB_SB
Neither party has any interest in balancing a budget or spending less. They are full of shit.

Anyone that really wants to balance a budget means you need to increase revenue, so higher taxes. Which I am fine with. We need revenue for infrastructure.

Everytime GOP starts a war and cuts taxes, a baby cries
Bingo!
Bill Clinton gave the GOP what they desired......and They couldn’t get Bill out of town soon enough and go back to “budget as usual” methods they so publicly decried.

It's a variation on a movie quote, Durwood.

german smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

They charge higher premiums for incomes that exceed 105 k.
That 150 you pay goes as high as 380 for someone like my mom when she has a higher income year.
Yeah, I guess I had forgotten that. $380/mo is $4,560. Still a bargain for a "senior".

Wanting something new with the assumption that the added cost will be carried by someone else...
We have a progressive tax system lol, of course any added cost or current cost is carried by someone else. Also did you not see the cut spending part of my comment?

We have a progressive tax system lol, of course any added cost or current cost is carried by someone else. Also did you not see the cut spending part of my comment?

I did notice that,.. Are you expecting those spending cuts to negatively affect your finances in any fashion?

I did notice that,.. Are you expecting those spending cuts to negatively affect your finances in any fashion?
Depends where they come from. If it’s from defense then doubtful. From the CBO and JCT it states that it would add to the budget deficit by $155 billion from 2026-2031 if we lowered that to 60 years old So it seems like it is totally doable to cut spending in areas and raise taxes a little bit if need be. For example, we just had an accounting error on an Ukraine package of $6 billion haha. I think if we are having small accounting errors of $6 billion then this is easily doable.

Depends where they come from. If it’s from defense then doubtful. From the CBO and JCT it states that it would add to the budget deficit by $155 billion from 2026-2031 if we lowered that to 60 years old So it seems like it is totally doable to cut spending in areas and raise taxes a little bit if need be. For example, we just had an accounting error on an Ukraine package of $6 billion haha. I think if we are having small accounting errors of $6 billion then this is easily doable.
To add, we have already sent $75 million to Ukraine with a snap of the finger lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT