ADVERTISEMENT

Convince Me that Brian Ferentz isn’t the Problem…

The problem with this theory is “quarterback play” has been a broken record when discussing Iowa’s offensive woes.
I feel ya. But, the players still have to make the plays. BF isn’t out there not setting feet, throwing off back leg, middle throws/lack of obvious touch at times. Both SP and NS have those traits

I see this game as progress. Petras completed almost 70% of his passes for over 200 yards and no interceptions (against a team that picks a lot of passes). And we ran for over 200 yards.

We still have to get a lot better. But I think our offense needed to build confidence and I think this should do that. Keep building the next couple weeks and it might be a solid unit in time for Penn State.

I see this game as progress. Petras completed almost 70% of his passes for over 200 yards and no interceptions (against a team that picks a lot of passes). And we ran for over 200 yards.

We still have to get a lot better. But I think our offense needed to build confidence and I think this should do that. Keep building the next couple weeks and it might be a solid unit in time for Penn State.
I hope you’re right.

212 passing
206 rushing
36:24 TOP
30 points
70% pass completions
against likely mac winner.

there is no "problem" per se at present unless we expect a NC.
We’re not beating Penn State or Wisconsin with an offense stuck in neutral.

Kent State is a decent G5 team and the end results weren’t terrible. Obviously 30 points doesn’t scream “We Want Bama” but we scored four offensive touchdowns and I have seen visible progress both running and passing. I think we need to remain patient.

Right, but clearly the offense isn’t good. It seems everyone wants to put all of it on Petras. I’m not convinced.

Petras found his wideouts often today. I was pleased to see that. Keep in mind that he also had a beautiful pass dropped by Tracy and another called back on a BS reversal. And he still completed 70% of his passes. I'd certainly like to see more downfield throws and fewer check downs, but at least he's not forcing anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT