ADVERTISEMENT

Cool scene in ames

Campbell is building quite a resume. Enjoy it while it lasts, Cyclones. There’s absolutely nothing to keep him in Ames.
except team, fans, community, legacy, $$$$, etc......you get the picture. I get why you are praying he leaves, because the alternative is frightening

The thing clown fans refuse to understand is that oSU and WVU are not/were not anywhere close to worthy of their rankings...and not just because they lost to ISU.

While WVU had a nice first game win vs Tenn, they haven't played anyone else of note and definitely were not worthy of a #6 ranking. oSU knocked off Boise St at home, but other than that they were 1-1 vs P5 schools (L vs TTU, W vs KU) prior to playing ISU.

Bottom line, them beating two T25 teams back to back weekends is a mirage... i.e. FAKE NEWS!
I agree that rankings can be a farse, especially this week

except team, fans, community, legacy, $$$$, etc......you get the picture. I get why you are praying he leaves, because the alternative is frightening

Ha. Yeah 0-3 against us is terrifying. Dumbfuk.

But if he keeps modeling ISU after the Iowa program you should be in good shape if he does actually stay.

Ha. Yeah 0-3 against us is terrifying. Dumbfuk.

But if he keeps modeling ISU after the Iowa program you should be in good shape if he does actually stay.
You kan always tell when a hawk fan is lusing their mined. They start calling names and all composure and restraint is gone. It is comical!

Fun fact. Including today it has been 5,063 days since the Cyclones last won a dual against Iowa. Or 13 years 11 months and 10 days. And counting... Maybe they can pull it off this year:D

The weekly pissing match continues. I try to stay above the fray, but will offer a few thoughts

#1 Not a fan of the black unis. Our colors are cardinal + gold. I dont mind some variation with grey, or even black trim. At the same time, I recognize MC needs to do this to appease the 18-22 yr old fascination w/alt. unis.

#2 I can see the argument that Big 12 doesnt play defense, but the same can be said for Big 14 teams. Case in point: the defensive average from yesterday's Big14 games was 34.7 vs 25.1 for Big 12. I know its a small sample size, but illustrates my point. Im sure someone with more time on their hands will expand my limited research. The point is I think its a convenient argument to say that the Big 12 plays no defense. Iowa State does. Its awesome to watch.

#3 The "do-over" argument is stupid. Every team would love to play someone again. Iowa included. If Iowa State's first game wasnt cancelled. If Purdy was the QB then, etc. Hindsight is always 20/20. Iowa won. They were better on that day. End of story. Move on.

#4 Rankings. First of all, can we all try to argue that they really mean nothing? Outside of Bama and Clemson, the rest of the pack doesnt matter. Was WV the 6th best team in the country? Probably not, but they were undefeated. The game I watched night certainly showed me that their ranking was a tad high, but give credit to ISU for really taking it to them. Same goes for Okie State. Probably not #25 when ISU played them, but give ISU credit for winning on the road. If the tables were turned, and Iowa beat #25 and #6 on back to back weeks, Im guessing people may be singing a different tune.

While we are talking about inflated rankings, its possible that Wisky and Penn State may have been ranked too high? Maybe people gave up on Michigan too early? Same goes with Texas and probably a lot of other teams. Its all about playing well, who you play, when you play, and where you play.

ISU is ahead of where I thought they would be this season. Was hoping to split OSU and WV. Rest of season looks promising, but I remain cautiously optimistic. Purdy looks great, but ISU has a long list of "young QBs" who never really panned out. I hope he is the exception. Iowa is probably exactly where fans tbought they would be. Being ranked is probably nice, but really means nothing. Time will tell where each team goes.

As always, just my opinion I could be wrong....

Stop sounding so logical, dang it!

Fun fact. Including today it has been 5,063 days since the Cyclones last won a dual against Iowa. Or 13 years 11 months and 10 days. And counting... Maybe they can pull it off this year:D
Frankly, I am all for dropping wrestling as I just don`t have any interest anymore. Btw, it wouldn`t matter to me if ISU was highly ranked as I believe it is a dying sport.

You kan always tell when a hawk fan is lusing their mined. They start calling names and all composure and restraint is gone. It is comical!

You're trying too hard. Either way you're not that good at this, but this effort is much worse than earlier, which is saying something.

Reactions: thrillpac
If Iowa State is a legitimate team then they control their own destiny including dispatching the posers in Austin this year. Otherwise it’s just another shoulda coulda woulda season in Ames.

Frankly, I am all for dropping wrestling as I just don`t have any interest anymore.

Drop clown wrestling and bring back clown baseball? Granted baseball has been extinct at ISU for a while. but it's easier to cut sports and spend the dollars elsewhere..

Frankly, I am all for dropping wrestling as I just don`t have any interest anymore. Btw, it wouldn`t matter to me if ISU was highly ranked as I believe it is a dying sport.

Nobody actually knows you still have wrestling so it doesn't really matter either way.

That's a very sad comment. I have nothing more for you

Zero heritage. Zero football revenue. Difficult recruiting. Zero long-term conference stability. Zero previous ties to the state.

If Campbell gets a offer from a true football power, he’s gone. And you know it. And there’s nothing frightening to me about 0-3.

When will the fans start supporting this team a little better? Less than 57k for that huge upset? Not what I would call a strong resume builder for legendary fan status.

When will the fans start supporting this team a little better? Less than 57k for that huge upset? Not what I would call a strong resume builder for legendary fan status.

According to this very thread Iowa State sucks in every way imaginable, so drawing 57k should be considered a minor miracle.

I am ready to stop all ISU threads if ISU fans agree to quit posting here. I really don't care what ISU does outside of that one week a year they play Iowa and that is now 4 straight for Iowa. So other than feeling embarrassed about losing to the Clones I don't care.

The problem is if Iowa continues to win and puts themselves in the CFP talk, even if ISU runs the table you will still get the talking heads having a conversation like this when it comes to Iowa:

Talking head #1:. Let's look at Iowa's resume, in the non-conference schedule they won a tough in-state rivalry game against a good ISU team that is in the upper half of the Big 12.

Taking head #2: (Giggles) You serious?

That's why playing ISU is a lose/lose. Because the national perception, no matter how good of a season the Clones have, is that ISU is a weak program.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
According to this very thread Iowa State sucks in every way imaginable, so drawing 57k should be considered a minor miracle.

According to many posters that are ISU fans who seem to find their way here the fan support at ISU is unmatched so drawing LESS than 57k must be a misprint.

I am ready to stop all ISU threads if ISU fans agree to quit posting here. I really don't care what ISU does outside of that one week a year they play Iowa and that is now 4 straight for Iowa. So other than feeling embarrassed about losing to the Clones I don't care.

The problem is if Iowa continues to win and puts themselves in the CFP talk, even if ISU runs the table you will still get the talking heads having a conversation like this when it comes to Iowa:

Talking head #1:. Let's look at Iowa's resume, in the non-conference schedule they won a tough in-state rivalry game against a good ISU team that is in the upper half of the Big 12.

That's why playing ISU is a lose/lose. Because the national perception, no matter how good of a season the Clones have, is that ISU is a weak program.
Ya, it might interest you to know ISU has beaten 5 ranked teams, including 3 ranked in top 6, in da last 15 games, and is 5-2 against ranked teams during that span.

Before you say how bad ISU and da Big12 are, ISU beat Oklahoma in 2017, which beat your conference champ OSU, and OK narrowly missed beating Georgia in CFP semis.

ISU is a solid team in year #2 and year #3 of Campbell, most rational people would agree on this.

WIth regards to Iowa's schedule, da main problem is B1G West perception, and not playing top 3 teams in B1G East (OSU, Mich, MSU). And da recognition what happened in 2002 and 2015 when playing a weak schedule. :)

The crowd was awesome! Not sure where you're getting your info. It was a blast.
I flipped over a couple of times and the crowd was dead. I may have picked the 2 worst times to evaluate the crowd but it wasn’t impressive at those times. I may have high standards on what to expect from home crowds as well.

Ya, it might interest you to know ISU has beaten 5 ranked teams, including 3 ranked in top 6, in da last 15 games, and is 5-2 against ranked teams during that span.

Before you say how bad ISU and da Big12 are, ISU beat Oklahoma in 2017, which beat your conference champ OSU, and OK narrowly missed beating Georgia in CFP semis.

ISU is a solid team in year #2 and year #3 of Campbell, most rational people would agree on this.

WIth regards to Iowa's schedule, da main problem is B1G West perception, and not playing top 3 teams in B1G East (OSU, Mich, MSU). And da recognition what happened in 2002 and 2015 when playing a weak schedule. :)
Congrats on all da wins over ranked teams. It might interest you to know that Campbell is 6-6 against unranked teams the last two years, with his only wins against uni, Akron (2), one win Baylor, one win Kansas, and 6-7 tech. It might also interest you to know, this is why media outside of Ames won’t give us credit for constantly beating you.
Meanwhile Iowa sits 5-1, ranked 19th, and top ten in some computer polls. Beating you guys did nothing for us in the polls. It took beating Indiana to make people notice. Let that sink in while you pat yourself on the back for beating two very over-ranked teams. Okie st is garbage, and won’t be ranked the rest of the year.

The point is, it doesn't matter if ISU wins some games. The national media and the people that matter don't care. They view ISU as a crappy program based on their history, and they are right.

The point is, it doesn't matter if ISU wins some games. The national media and the people that matter don't care. They view ISU as a crappy program based on their history, and they are right.
Ya, who you are as a program is who you are this year, right now. Thats how sports works. Everyone knows this. ;)

Congrats on all da wins over ranked teams. It might interest you to know that Campbell is 6-6 against unranked teams the last two years, with his only wins against uni, Akron (2), one win Baylor, one win Kansas, and 6-7 tech. It might also interest you to know, this is why media outside of Ames won’t give us credit for constantly beating you.
Meanwhile Iowa sits 5-1, ranked 19th, and top ten in some computer polls. Beating you guys did nothing for us in the polls. It took beating Indiana to make people notice. Let that sink in while you pat yourself on the back for beating two very over-ranked teams. Okie st is garbage, and won’t be ranked the rest of the year.
Ya, iowa is in the poll for a 5-1 record, and others dropping out, not for beating indiana lol

There are 3 teams with 2 losses ranked ahead. Lets see iowa play and beat a ranked team. Iowa got beat by 11 by wisconsin, who then got blown out by a b1g east #2 team, michigan.

Yes, ranked teams. "Ranked" OSU is now 3-3 after getting blown out by Kansas St, and might not make a bowl. "Ranked" WV has Texas, Oklahoma, TCU upcoming and may finish in the 8-4/7-5 range. My guess Isu will have 0 wins vs. teams in the final Top 25, losing 1-2 more against a very, very weak 2nd half schedule.

Yes, ranked teams. "Ranked" OSU is now 3-3 after getting blown out by Kansas St, and might not make a bowl. "Ranked" WV has Texas, Oklahoma, TCU upcoming and may finish in the 8-4/7-5 range. My guess Isu will have 0 wins vs. teams in the final Top 25, losing 1-2 more against a very, very weak 2nd half schedule.
Ya, i do believe tOSU got blown out last year as well. ;) thats a what happens when you play everyone in your conference, and dont get to skip 3 top teams in da b1g east, your record will get dinged. ;)

Isu is undefeated in october in year 2 and 3 of campbell, showing team improves each year and throughout da season.

Ya, i do believe tOSU got blown out last year as well. ;) thats a what happens when you play everyone in your conference, and dont get to skip 3 top teams in da b1g east, your record will get dinged. ;)

Isu is undefeated in october in year 2 and 3 of campbell, showing team improves each year and throughout da season.
No. It shows you play Big12 competition in October. And you avoid Iowa in October.

Why are Isuck fans here in the first place? Their clowns got beat 13-3 and are 3-3 on the season. You’d think they beat Iowa and Oklahoma on top of posers OSU and WVU with the way they are acting.

I will say, since they can’t sell out the Jack while offering $38 tickets on the radio, which I heard last week, wonder how long before they also offer a ticket deal for buying Red Baron pizza.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Ya, iowa is in the poll for a 5-1 record, and others dropping out, not for beating indiana lol

There are 3 teams with 2 losses ranked ahead. Lets see iowa play and beat a ranked team. Iowa got beat by 11 by wisconsin, who then got blown out by a b1g east #2 team, michigan.
We jumped 3 teams who were all ranked ahead of us and didn’t lose. Do you ever say anything correct? Three teams ranked in front of Iowa with two losses because of preseason polls which shouldn’t exist. The same polls that have allowed you to claim wins over ranked teams this year. Okie state had no business being ranked, and it has now shown after getting crushed by kstate.

Maryland beat the current best team in the big 12, and then lost by 21 to that same Michigan. Again, let that sink in before you come back with some meaningless point. Only fan base who puffs out their chest about a 3-3 record, good lord get a grip.

What point are you trying to make? Is ISU not 3-3 because they beat ranked teams? Did you guys not lose to Iowa? TCU? Iowa made some huge mistakes against Wisky and it cost them a win, but our season, team, and outlook are all better than ISU's.

And Iowa beat OSU by double what OU did and won @ ISU so what’s your point?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Why are Isuck fans here in the first place? Their clowns got beat 13-3 and are 3-3 on the season. You’d think they beat Iowa and Oklahoma on top of posers OSU and WVU with the way they are acting.

I will say, since they can’t sell out the Jack while offering $38 tickets on the radio, which I heard last week, wonder how long before they also offer a ticket deal for buying Red Baron pizza.

Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark that doesn't go away for awhile. And I'm not trying to dive in to this pissing match, but that's never a good thing to have to do, no matter who anyone is.

And Iowa beat OSU by double what OU did and won @ ISU so what’s your point?
Ya, the original point I was responding to was that ISU is not a good program. I think most coaches and media respect the job coach Campbell is doing with ISU, and outside of Alabama and Georgia, and a few others, ISU would not be an easy out for anyone. :)

We jumped 3 teams who were all ranked ahead of us and didn’t lose. Do you ever say anything correct? Three teams ranked in front of Iowa with two losses because of preseason polls which shouldn’t exist. The same polls that have allowed you to claim wins over ranked teams this year. Okie state had no business being ranked, and it has now shown after getting crushed by kstate.

Maryland beat the current best team in the big 12, and then lost by 21 to that same Michigan. Again, let that sink in before you come back with some meaningless point. Only fan base who puffs out their chest about a 3-3 record, good lord get a grip.
Ya, Maryland beat Texas in year #2, game #1 of a new coach Tom Herman building back da program. Texas is not da same team now and would have no problem with a Maryland. Surely you remember da early years of Ferentz in building back da program? If you want to define a team by one game, I will define da 2017 Iowa team by 38-14 beatdown by Wisconsin, how's that? Or 2002 and 2015 Iowa teams by their bowl game beatdowns, 38-17 and 45-16? Wait those bowl games may be accurate. :)

Ya, Maryland beat Texas in year #2, game #1 of a new coach Tom Herman building back da program. Texas is not da same team now and would have no problem with a Maryland. Surely you remember da early years of Ferentz in building back da program? If you want to define a team by one game, I will define da 2017 Iowa team by 38-14 beatdown by Wisconsin, how's that? Or 2002 and 2015 Iowa teams by their bowl game beatdowns, 38-17 and 45-16? Wait those bowl games may be accurate. :)

Jesus Christ how hard is it to type "the" instead of "da" it makes you sound like a moron

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT