ADVERTISEMENT

Cool scene in ames

Ya, Maryland beat Texas in year #2, game #1 of a new coach Tom Herman building back da program. Texas is not da same team now and would have no problem with a Maryland. Surely you remember da early years of Ferentz in building back da program? If you want to define a team by one game, I will define da 2017 Iowa team by 38-14 beatdown by Wisconsin, how's that? Or 2002 and 2015 Iowa teams by their bowl game beatdowns, 38-17 and 45-16? Wait those bowl games may be accurate. :)
Please don't even respond to this stupidity Relish. Texas isn't the same team since they beat a couple Big12 teams, LOL. Texas 5 point win over KSU was GREAT! They looked unbeatable. They backed that up by a 6 point win over BAYLOR last week. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I'm confused by this Maryland stuff. Isn't it possible that a team in the nonconference isn't quite ready and gets jumped on by a team? I mean a pretty mediocre Va Tech team beat OSU handily at home in 2014, and OSU went to go on to have a great season. Would you have made the claim that year that the ACC was better than the Big 10 because Va Tech beat the best team in the conference?

I'm confused by this Maryland stuff. Isn't it possible that a team in the nonconference isn't quite ready and gets jumped on by a team? I mean a pretty mediocre Va Tech team beat OSU handily at home in 2014, and OSU went to go on to have a great season. Would you have made the claim that year that the ACC was better than the Big 10 because Va Tech beat the best team in the conference?
The B1G is 3-1 vs the Big 12 so far in 2018. Also, if that excuse works for Texas losing to Maryland, then can’t Maryland say they would have won by more if played later in the season? And the fact they’ve beat them back to back seasons.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
The B1G is 3-1 vs the Big 12 so far in 2018. Also, if that excuse works for Texas losing to Maryland, then can’t Maryland say they would have won by more if played later in the season? And the fact they’ve beat them back to back seasons.
Ya, that was a definitive, statistically significant sample. And even match-ups of home vs away, equal seeding #1 vs #1, #2 vs #2, etc. :)

PS - I see Texas is ranked No. 7 now and that Texas beat Pac 12 oppononent USC 38-14 in September. I believe B1G must be even better than da SEC. :)

Last edited:
Ya, Maryland beat Texas in year #2, game #1 of a new coach Tom Herman building back da program. Texas is not da same team now and would have no problem with a Maryland. Surely you remember da early years of Ferentz in building back da program? If you want to define a team by one game, I will define da 2017 Iowa team by 38-14 beatdown by Wisconsin, how's that? Or 2002 and 2015 Iowa teams by their bowl game beatdowns, 38-17 and 45-16? Wait those bowl games may be accurate. :)
I define the 2015-2018 ISU teams by the Iowa game.

I remember you on here whining how tcu should have been selected over them for the playoffs, claiming the big 12 was better because of that loss. Now, here you are switching your stance. Personally, I think you isu fans aren’t focusing on the right game. The better team didn’t win in the Texas/Oklahoma game. Finally, the big ten is better this year than the big 12, and it’s not really debateable at this point. Same as the big ten was better than the acc in 2014.

Last edited:
I remember you on here whining how tcu should have been selected over them for the playoffs, claiming the big 12 was better because of that loss. Now, here you are switching your stance. Personally, I think you isu fans aren’t focusing on the right game. The better team didn’t win in the Texas/Oklahoma game. Finally, the big ten is better this year than the big 12, and it’s not really debateable at this point. Same as the big ten was better than the acc in 2014.

Tremendous memory, because I can't recall arguing that. Good on you. I would still argue that TCU was more deserving of a CFB playoff bid, because they only had one loss to the #5 team on the road by 3 points, and OSU had a home loss to a 6-6 team by 2 touchdowns. I don't recall saying that the Big 12 was better due to one game. If I did that would be really unlike me, so if I did, my bad. The Big 12 was better because basically every ratings system said they were better and they had more good teams.

I disagree with you on OU/Texas - I think Texas is better than OU. I've said many times this year that the Big 10 is better than the Big 12.

I agree that the Big 10 was better than the ACC in 2014. I wasn't comparing conferences. I was saying that the Big 10 didn't suck in 2014 because OSU lost to Va Tech, simply that the one game shouldn't be used as a bludgeon to smack the performance of the whole conference. The same as one game of Maryland over UT shouldn't be used this year.

Last edited:
And yet not one of the 5 teams are also listed that isu beat...hmmm. How can they have been credible top 25 teams if they didn't have a like number of top 25 wins? Probably because they have more subsequent losses to unranked teams, such as isu. And still with these great defeats, isu has never been ranked in the top 25 itself in the 2017-'18 time period?

I think it speaks more to how over rated the xii is and specifically the teams they beat because they all drop in the rankings after an isu loss.

This just creates more questions than providing answers about the validity of rankings. WVU the 6th best team in the nation? Give me a break.

Last edited:
Ya, just like wisconsin and penn state were not worthy of their rankings either. B1g west is very weak! ;)

Clown fan showing off how little he knows about football. Only in lames is a 3-3 a great team. Can we get more of your awesome football knowledge please Nellie clown, please?

And yet not one of the 5 teams are also listed that isu beat...hmmm. How can they have been credible top 25 teams if they didn't have a like number of top 25 wins? Probably because they have more subsequent losses to unranked teams, such as isu. And still with these great defeats, isu has never been ranked in the top 25 itself in the 2017-'18 time period?

I think it speaks more to how over rated the xii is and specifically the teams they beat because they all drop in the rankings after an isu loss.

This just creates more questions than providing answers about the validity of rankings. WVU the 6th best team in the nation? Give me a break.

Clown fans still don’t get that the point is to be the highly ranked team and not one with upsets. Must have something to do with never having won an outright conference title in football.

Tremendous memory, because I can't recall arguing that. Good on you. I would still argue that TCU was more deserving of a CFB playoff bid, because they only had one loss to the #5 team on the road by 3 points, and OSU had a home loss to a 6-6 team by 2 touchdowns. I don't recall saying that the Big 12 was better due to one game. If I did that would be really unlike me, so if I did, my bad. The Big 12 was better because basically every ratings system said they were better and they had more good teams.

I disagree with you on OU/Texas - I think Texas is better than OU. I've said many times this year that the Big 10 is better than the Big 12.

I agree that the Big 10 was better than the ACC in 2014. I wasn't comparing conferences. I was saying that the Big 10 didn't suck in 2014 because OSU lost to Va Tech, simply that the one game shouldn't be used as a bludgeon to smack the performance of the whole conference. The same as one game of Maryland over UT shouldn't be used this year.

There it is, a clown fan demands we ignore Maryland beat the best team in the Texas Ten.

Almost as predictable as the sun rising in the east. More please.

You really need to get that Jump to Conclusions mat finished.

Not really, just read the last sentence of your post. It says we must ignore Maryland beat the best team in the Texas Ten. I see clown fans are hung up on SOS again this year. Probably best to ignore Iowa has a 26 SOS.

Amazing just how much clown fans ignore and then demand the rest of the world ignore what they tell them to.

Weird that you haven't gotten a single AP vote.

Didn't you get the memo from Cytwins? Getting votes in the AP poll only counts for the final poll after the 2017 season. Iowa beating the clowns is to be ignored.

Pretty amazing how consistent clown fans are in demanding we ignore anything that shows them to be little bro.

Bryce and Nellie clown will tell us how it really is.

I see on cryclown delusional clown fans convincing themselves that Joke Trice is the most intimidating stadium.

Is that why Iowa hasn’t lost there since 2011? Bryce and Nellie will set us straight.

So what are we arguing? Several have pointed out in this thread the multiple victories the big ten has over the big 12 this year to point out the better conference, and Maryland is another example. We both agree the big ten is better. The big ten is 3-1 against the big 12 this year, and you can’t just pretend the Maryland game didn’t happen because it makes the big 12 look even worse, or more importantly here, because you say so. It happened, just like Iowa beat isu.

It's like that Sesame Street skit, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same..."

This is simply proof that the Big 12 is overrated. Their "ranked" teams lose to teams like ISU, who was never rated during this stretch themselves, is pretty much the proof of their inflated ranking.

It's like that Sesame Street skit, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same..."

This is simply proof that the Big 12 is overrated. Their "ranked" teams lose to teams like ISU, who was never rated during this stretch themselves, is pretty much the proof of their inflated ranking.

ISU fans trying to polish a turd with colorful pictures. How nice. Yet, 3-3. Unranked. Four straight losses to daddy.

ISU fans trying to polish a turd with colorful pictures. How nice. Yet, 3-3. Unranked. Four straight losses to daddy.
Ya, Iowa has beaten Indiana and Minnesota and is now thinking CFP and National Title. Iowa State shut down da Iowa Offense (13 points, < 300 yards). B1G defense seems alot softer than ISU. Too bad ISU was breaking in a new OC, and new OLine, and on first game of season. :)

We jumped 3 teams who were all ranked ahead of us and didn’t lose. Do you ever say anything correct? Three teams ranked in front of Iowa with two losses because of preseason polls which shouldn’t exist. The same polls that have allowed you to claim wins over ranked teams this year. Okie state had no business being ranked, and it has now shown after getting crushed by kstate.

Maryland beat the current best team in the big 12, and then lost by 21 to that same Michigan. Again, let that sink in before you come back with some meaningless point. Only fan base who puffs out their chest about a 3-3 record, good lord get a grip.
Ya, so you're going to evaluate conferences based on 1 game? How do you explain da a Wisconsin getting beat by BYU? Or Northwestern/Nebraska by Akron? Or what's that a say about Iowa which got handled by WIsconsin, who then got throttled by da Michigan? Watch and Learn, Watch and Learn. :)

Ya, so you're going to evaluate conferences based on 1 game? How do you explain da a Wisconsin getting beat by BYU? Or Northwestern/Nebraska by Akron? Or what's that a say about Iowa which got handled by WIsconsin, who then got throttled by da Michigan? Watch and Learn, Watch and Learn. :)

Iowa handled isu. I guess when the clowns are 3-3 clown fans need to talk about something other than their record. Or you can go back to posting excuses for why the clowns being 3-3. That is always fun.

Either way the more you post the more we get to laugh at isu.

Ya, Iowa has beaten Indiana and Minnesota and is now thinking CFP and National Title. Iowa State shut down da Iowa Offense (13 points, < 300 yards). B1G defense seems alot softer than ISU. Too bad ISU was breaking in a new OC, and new OLine, and on first game of season. :)

If only da clones be be good enuf ta win more den day lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT