ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper Coming Back?

The longer this goes, the more likely IMO that he returns. It's not the same as Linderbaum or Hock due to 7-figure NIL not being there when they were Hawks + opportunities to do things as mentioned above.

The longer this goes, the more likely IMO that he returns. It's not the same as Linderbaum or Hock due to 7-figure NIL not being there when they were Hawks + opportunities to do things as mentioned above.
I'm kinda the opposite on the "longer it goes" thing ... I think when/if he decides on the NFL he wants to put that announcement off, however when/if he decides he is coming back, may as well start the momentum and good vides as soon as possible. With that said, I don't think he has decided yet so we'll see.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Again this is a case where I wish some special NIL could be in place for a specific player. I think there would be a large number of normal non-givers who would say they want in on this one.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Inserting a guy for 10 plays a game on offense rarely works. It's obvious when he comes in who the play is centered on. Unless you're suggesting he's a decoy or runs an RPO...in which case hell would have frozen over.
This season that would have been 1/6 of the offensive plays per game, about the same as WR 3 received. Idk what that means but I just wanted to add this info.

Reactions: BonzoFury
NIL deal + 10 to 12 plays on the offensive side of the ball per game and Coop has a serious chance of winning this …

ct-heisman-trophy-obscurity-lincicome-spt-1204-20161203
you DO remember this is Iowa's offense right?

Gator Team back in the day - I think Spikes, James, and Tebow all stayed an extra year…They were demigods in Gainesville…😎
none of those guys were projected 1st rounders. Tebow was the closest but no draft analyst thought so and his 1st round selection was controversial in real time and dumb AF in retrospect.

I was looking for examples of no question first rounders that came back to school.

none of those guys were projected 1st rounders. Tebow was the closest but no draft analyst thought so and his 1st round selection was controversial in real time and dumb AF in retrospect.

I was looking for examples of no question first rounders that came back to school.
Adrian Clayborn is the only Hawk I can think of that came back that was likely a first rounder. He probably dropped a few slots by coming back.

Reactions: Fan In Black
I want to congratulate Cooper for making this tuff decision. I'm proud he is a lowa kid. I was worried about him getting hurt next live out your dream. Brandon Sheriff is from the town I live in Cooper live up the road. They both from good family and will represent us well. Goo Hawkeyes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT