ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy how irrelevant Iowa State basketball has become

ISU's young guys are absolutely terrible.

Oklahoma State should have won that game by 40 last night. The Cowboys somehow committed 24 turnovers and ISU still lost by 21.

ISU was outrebounded 49-19.
They had 6 scholarhip kids last night ,and literally a couple of practices the last 2-3 weeks. Not sure you can judge the young guys based on 1 game under those conditions.

They had 6 scholarhip kids last night ,and literally a couple of practices the last 2-3 weeks. Not sure you can judge the young guys based on 1 game under those conditions.

They havent done anything in any of the rest of their games either.

Foster is the best of the 4 and he will be limited to just a few games this season.

ISU fans were saying it was one of their best recruiting classes in program history.

Actually only had 5 scholarship guys and 2 walk-ons. Played 7 guys which was the entire available roster.

I'm not sure you can judge anything by 1 game. They only had 1 big, Conditt, who of course found himself in foul trouble almost immediately.

But yes, overall terrible performance but whatever. We've seen worse. I actually really like Bolton. Probably the only plus player on the roster which is just incredibly unfair to him.

No one will (or should) shed any tears for Iowa State. It's too bad 4 starters were unavailable due to Covid, but that is the world we live in now. I hope it ends asap, and no other program has to deal with this, but that is unlikely.

Having said that, I liked what I saw from Tyler Harris. Was able create a lot with his quickness, and made enough 3's to respect it. A big downside is his size. I also liked Jaden Walker. Good size + length, and seemed be able to create his own shot. Seemed overwhelmed by the moment, but good to get game experience. Dubar + Blackwell have a lot of athleticism. It will be interesting to see how they develop. The downside of missing 4 starters is their chances of winning are severely diminished. The upside is these freshman will get a lot of PT. I did like the energy that those 7 guys played with - its just hard to sustain it. Eventually talent will win out, and that certainly was the case last night - I'm afraid that will be the case for the rest of the season.

Kind of a lost season this year. It's too bad, but like I said no one will offer ISU any sympathy.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
No one will (or should) shed any tears for Iowa State. It's too bad 4 starters were unavailable due to Covid, but that is the world we live in now. I hope it ends asap, and no other program has to deal with this, but that is unlikely.

Having said that, I liked what I saw from Tyler Harris. Was able create a lot with his quickness, and made enough 3's to respect it. A big downside is his size. I also liked Jaden Walker. Good size + length, and seemed be able to create his own shot. Seemed overwhelmed by the moment, but good to get game experience. Dubar + Blackwell have a lot of athleticism. It will be interesting to see how they develop. The downside of missing 4 starters is their chances of winning are severely diminished. The upside is these freshman will get a lot of PT. I did like the energy that those 7 guys played with - its just hard to sustain it. Eventually talent will win out, and that certainly was the case last night - I'm afraid that will be the case for the rest of the season.

Kind of a lost season this year. It's too bad, but like I said no one will offer ISU any sympathy.

Tyler Harris is your bright spot?

He was 6/17 from the field, 3/10 from 3 and had 0 assists and 3 turnovers.

Stats don't tell the whole story with Harris the other night. If you watched the game, it was clear Harris deserved a lot of praise for his play. ISU is struggling. No question, but I'm not gonna stop being a fan or support them just because of this down year.

Iowa fans need to enjoy your team. Like ISU teams with Niang, Morris, etc. - it won't last forever.

Stats don't tell the whole story with Harris the other night. If you watched the game, it was clear Harris deserved a lot of praise for his play. ISU is struggling. No question, but I'm not gonna stop being a fan or support them just because of this down year.

Iowa fans need to enjoy your team. Like ISU teams with Niang, Morris, etc. - it won't last forever.
My opinion, Prohm should’ve made room for a certain legacy recruit who’s now averaging double figs at UNI and could’ve given you 5 years, even if it meant missing out on 2 years of Harris.

I love how Iowa sits for years to come based on roster make up and players coming.

I did watch the game as I bet on it.

Nobody said you should stop being a fan but try looking at it realistically. If a 5'9" guard who cant shoot and has only 7 assists on the season through 10 games is your bright spot then your program is in the shitter.

I did watch the game as I bet on it.

Nobody said you should stop being a fan but try looking at it realistically. If a 5'9" guard who cant shoot and has only 7 assists on the season through 10 games is your bright spot then your program is in the shitter.

xhb.gif

• Haha
Born would not have helped Iowa State. The transfer way worked out for Hoiberg but he also had some guys who were 4 year players. This is an absolute shitshow right now. Prohm is not going to win a league game. Even Lick did not go winless. The problem is they basically need to blow the whole thing up but I don't see any way Prohm is going to be around to see it. So now you are starting all over again. At this point they would be better off blowing the whole thing up and trying to go w/high school players and trying to build a roster that way. There's no guarantee either way but it's starting to show that older and mature teams are winning now. This could be a very long drought for the clones.

Born would not have helped Iowa State. The transfer way worked out for Hoiberg but he also had some guys who were 4 year players. This is an absolute shitshow right now. Prohm is not going to win a league game. Even Lick did not go winless. The problem is they basically need to blow the whole thing up but I don't see any way Prohm is going to be around to see it. So now you are starting all over again. At this point they would be better off blowing the whole thing up and trying to go w/high school players and trying to build a roster that way. There's no guarantee either way but it's starting to show that older and mature teams are winning now. This could be a very long drought for the clones.

The transfer way also worked out for Hoiberg because he was one of the first major conference coaches to embrace it. Blue bloods take transfers now, it is not as easy as it was when Hoiberg was at ISU.

Reactions: littlez and NI hawk
I know they were short handed tonight but that was one of the worst major conference basketball teams I’ve seen. Todd Arlan Lickliter’s crew from 2008 would wax those guys.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT