ADVERTISEMENT

Cricket

Just buy a used AT&T phone off ebay and use Wal-Mart's straight talk. It's pretty easy, and they just bumped up the data to 5GBs per month for $45. Buy Samsung S5 or HTC One (M8).

I've been on it for about 3 months now and am very happy with it. 5 lines for $100 a month. That $100 includes all fees. 2.5GB per phone/mo, then throttled. Runs on ATT network but speeds are limited to 8mb, that's plenty for what I do.

I bought 5 free after rebate phones from Cricket and sold them on ebay, never opened them. The Sim card was separate in the shipping box. I hate rebates, but they went through without any problems. At the same time, I also bought 5 LG G2's on ebay, new, unlocked. They were ATT phones, so they didn't need to be unlocked. Very pleased with the G2. It is 2 years old, but comparable to the HTC M8.

The savings is really when you get to 4 or 5 phones. If you only have 1 or 2 phones, you can keep them on separate accounts and pay $40 each ($35 with autopay).

If you decide to go cricket, I can send you a referral. We'd each get $25.

One thing to add, unless you are using Cricket phones only some brands receive software updates. But if you know someone that has ATT, you can put their SIM card in your phone and run the updates. My G2 didn't receive the lollipop update but I am running a custom rom anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

Sounds like you got a good deal Funky, outside of having to pay $800 for 5 phones very cost effective for 5 phones

It was actually $1000 at the time, but I offset it by selling 10 phones on ebay for about $600 total, before fees. Old phones and free cricket phones. And saving about $80 a month from my previous plans.

rate_plan_graphic.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT