ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys believe in ghosts?

Not demonic. Likely an indigenous spirit so sage would be a best weapon if needed.

It is documented indigenous people lived in the area. Not documented their property was a burial ground BUT their property is the highest elevation in the county and the indigenous people in the area did commonly use high areas for ceremonies and burial.

Sage is useless except for the smell, IMO.

Did you read the site?

Any highlights or lowlights?
The lead guy is a scientist who put together a team to investigate paranormal claims back in 2007. They use real equipment and set up in places supposedly "haunted". They have standard protocols they use during each investigation. They've conducted nearly 200 investigations. They have never captured anything with their equipment that would rise to the level of supernatural. Beyond some hearing strange sounds and seeing things that weren't there, they've found nothing. And before you start, I can show you a video of people throwing a ball around. You're directed to count the number of times they throw the ball. Fifty percent of the people who watched the video failed to see the guy in a gorilla suit who walked right through the group during the video. Our perceptions as a tool...suck.

Last edited:
The lead guy is a scientist who put together a team to investigate paranormal claims back in 2007. They use real equipment and set up in places supposedly "haunted". They have standard protocols they use during each investigation. They've conducted nearly 200 investigations. They have never captured anything with their equipment that would rise to the level of supernatural. Beyond some hearing strange sounds and seeing things that weren't there, they've found nothing. And before you start, I can show you a video of people throwing a ball around. You're directed to count the number of times they throw the ball. Fifty percent of the people who watched the video failed to see the guy in a gorilla suit who walked right through the group during the video. Our perceptions as a tool...suck.

Interesting.

All that means is their equipment didn't find anything, though.

Interesting.

All that means is their equipment didn't find anything, though.
Well...that's kinda the point. There are claims right here in this thread of things seen and items moved. Nothing like that has ever been captured on scientific equipment handled by trained scientists. Ev-er.

So what we have are people who missed a man in a gorilla suit walking across a screen telling me they "saw" a ghost. And I'm supposed to say, "sure, that tracks".

Reactions: spiderland
Well...that's kinda the point. There are claims right here in this thread of things seen and items moved. Nothing like that has ever been captured on scientific equipment handled by trained scientists. Ev-er.

So what we have are people who missed a man in a gorilla suit walking across a screen telling me they "saw" a ghost. And I'm supposed to say, "sure, that tracks".

It is interesting the scientists did see and hear some odds things.

Who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT