ADVERTISEMENT

Crookham

Heard Mizzou is in the lead there. Getting the feeling that Ben Askren might not like us.
i have said many times that we need to mend that fence. Ben and his brother are putting out hammers and they are not going to Iowa....yet.

Reactions: ILHawksFan
100%. Each year I get closer to thinking we should just do freestyle in college and high school. If we can’t figure out a way to lessen the role that the edge of the mat plays, then eliminate that as a possibility for defensive wrestling. Stalling is absolutely broken now.

Why not train year round in the style of the pinnacle of the sport…the Olympics.
And every year I say no way. We like our folkstyle.

i have said many times that we need to mend that fence. Ben and his brother are putting out hammers and they are not going to Iowa....yet.
Some fences are harder to mend than others. Might take an extreme coaching change before that one gets "fixed."

Reactions: Hawkgma
Some fences are harder to mend than others. Might take an extreme coaching change before that one gets "fixed."
i love Tnt but when they decide to hang it up I am hopeful we step outside the HWC and go after a BA or DT to be the next coach here.

100%. Each year I get closer to thinking we should just do freestyle in college and high school. If we can’t figure out a way to lessen the role that the edge of the mat plays, then eliminate that as a possibility for defensive wrestling. Stalling is absolutely broken now.

Why not train year round in the style of the pinnacle of the sport…the Olympics.

Crookham diving for the edge as Vito was in deep on a shot, and then Vito pulling him all the way to the center and Crookham still finding a way to get out of bounds should have been a fleeing the mat call and a point for Vito. Is fleeing the mat even still in the rulebook? Can't remember the last time it was called.

Crookham diving for the edge as Vito was in deep on a shot, and then Vito pulling him all the way to the center and Crookham still finding a way to get out of bounds should have been a fleeing the mat call and a point for Vito. Is fleeing the mat even still in the rulebook? Can't remember the last time it was called.
No, fleeing is not in the rulebook.

I don't think we need to abandon folkstyle at all but imo we desperately need the freestyle push out rule and the shot clock. I really think the 3 point takedown will help as well as it basically negates the point that you get for an escape. Also would the ref style help with folk some?

i love Tnt but when they decide to hang it up I am hopeful we step outside the HWC and go after a BA or DT to be the next coach here.
I don't mind that TnT hang it up, but if they pick DT, or anyone from F** St., then I stop following. As I said, some wounds are easier to mend than others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT