ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Harrison, Arkansas off the list

What does history have to do with physical geography? The KKK is headquartered in Indiana. You must think that means it’s in the south.
Did you hear those people speak? It was a slave state and was the 9th to secede and join the confederacy. It shares a border with Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas and Mississippi....all fellow traitor states and it's northern border is about the same latitudinal line as Tennessee and North Carolina's northern border...I suppose those aren't the South either? JFC. Geographically and culturally Arkansas is pure south, you and Grossmom really can't be this stupid....can you?

Nevermind.

I don't think Arkansas counts as the South…

people-trying-to-figure-out.gif

Did you hear those people speak? It was a slave state and was the 9th to secede and join the confederacy. It shares a border with Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas and Mississippi....all fellow traitor states and it's northern border is about the same latitudinal line as Tennessee and North Carolina's northern border...I suppose those aren't the South either? JFC. Geographically and culturally Arkansas is pure south, you and Grossmom really can't be this stupid....can you?

Nevermind.
Used to be in the Southwest Conference. I think it’s a little more Southwest than due south. I’m gonna have to overrule you there, champ.

Arkansas borders Louisiana to the south, Texas to the southwest, Oklahoma to the west, Missouri to the north, and Tennessee and Mississippi to the east and is located west of the Mississippi River. The United States Census Bureau classifies Arkansas as a West South Central State.

I think that’s fair. Don’t you, friend? West south central?

Also, your mom likes when I go south on her.

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
What does history have to do with physical geography? The KKK is headquartered in Indiana. You must think that means it’s in the south.
Ok so I guess you also don’t know your geography. It borders Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. It is further south than Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina. It was one of the 11 slave states, part of the confederacy, and a hardcore participant in Jim Crow laws and segregation and the location of famous Little Rock 9 that in 1957 President Eisenhower sent national guard troops in to desegregate a high school because the governor refused to. The entire state is in the zone of southern dialect.
300px-Southern_dialect_map.png
Arkansas is a Southern state AINEC.

Yeah it's crap, but a black dude would get the same reaction if he held up a confederate flag in East St. Louis.
Ummm...yeah, but equating a Black Lives Matter sign to a Confederate flag doesn't even qualify as whataboutism. The two things are not remotely the same.

Used to be in the Southwest Conference. I think it’s a little more Southwest than due south. I’m gonna have to overrule you there, champ.

Arkansas borders Louisiana to the south, Texas to the southwest, Oklahoma to the west, Missouri to the north, and Tennessee and Mississippi to the east and is located west of the Mississippi River. The United States Census Bureau classifies Arkansas as a West South Central State.

Soooo...TN and NC are what?

Ok so I guess you also don’t know your geography. It borders Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. It is further south than Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina. It was one of the 11 slave states, part of the confederacy, and a hardcore participant in Jim Crow laws and segregation and the location of famous Little Rock 9 that in 1957 President Eisenhower sent national guard troops in to desegregate a high school because the governor refused to. The entire state is in the zone of southern dialect.
300px-Southern_dialect_map.png
Arkansas is a Southern state AINEC.
I see Florida isn’t a southern state according to your fantastical map. Well done.

My dad was the Postmaster of Harrison Arkansas for a while. He would send me pictures of the flyers that the racists were sending out that day from time to time. CSB

It's the same analogy. I get it, it doesn't fit the narrative you want to be outraged about...
It is not at all the same analogy and why you are trying to defend these racist shitheads is despicable and yes you are defending them by trying to minimize their reactions by equating them to some other hypothetical action.

I'll say this once. The confederate flag is a sign of traitors showing their hate. Black lives matter started because they were trying to draw attention to the fact that black people were being murdered by police. These 2 things are not the same.

And...Louisiana is certainly southern. So a state that sits no futher north that TN or NC and no further west than LA...is in a different region? No matter how you slice it, AR is in the South. You can argue that it's in a different division of the South but then you have to claim that LA isn't a southern state.

shutterstock-354532898.jpg
united-states-regions-map.jpg

1200px-OSTEM_US_Regions.png
us-five-regions.jpg

dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT