ADVERTISEMENT

Cybertruck

Dude…give it a rest. No one buys a truck to race up a mountain towing stuff. It is not the right metric. This truck is hot garbage and that is coming from a Tesla fanboy who has owned a Model S since 2015 and still loves it.

Not everything Tesla does will be a home run. They should kill this and allocate the capital to other, better projects.

You have bad information.

GB_u__ZXQAAQohJ

Nice turn signal......buttons

Tree fiddy is a flippant retort. Not to be taken literally as three hundred and fifty miles of range.

Did i spell that out clearly enough for you?

This response, yes. But considering you are always balls deep clarification, you go all the way to the balls on anything Elon as well as some 3 or 4 other folks took your response at face value, seems this is a you communication issue as your setting aside reality knows no bounds.

Who this moron? Yeah he sounds real fair and balanced and totally not defending his position that the car was a scam and a fraud and would never be built.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Watch the video, he goes over his appearance on Rogan. Also…refute anything he shows/discusses in the video. The ad hominem is noted though.

Elon’s claims on the delivery date, price, range, and towing capacity were wrong. Where is your ire for him at? Weird, huh?

Last edited:
They said it charged up 6% as it came back down. Going down hill charges up the battery. Same reason Tesla Semis don’t need to stop at semi brake check sites at the bottom of steep mountain passes. They don’t use the brakes. It is engineered to charge back up the battery instead.
Yea, I get that. But in real life, at least mine, I would likely get to the top and keep driving forward

Just passed three of these…extremely reflective

Had to wonder if sunlight reflecting off the hood is a problem

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Meh. 470, 500. what’s 30 miles?

They have the data. Most people never ever need 500 mile range. Only Trad needs that much range. Would help with towing though.
Was there a range extender in the 2019 announcement? Was it included in the $60k price? You were puffing your chest about 331 miles, until you realized that still massively underachieved the original claims. Btw, the estimated 470 mile range is for the dual motor model. Tri motor is est at 440 miles. Extender is forecasted to cost $16k, and take up 1/3 of the truck bed. Again, I’m sure it was part of the $60k roll up.

You can just say, “LBoogie28, I don’t understand numbers, all this is above my pay grade,” and GTFO. Sound familiar?

Just say “Sorry PF, this stuff is really over my pay grade.” and go away.

Also, revisit the post you quoted for that recent tweet, and let me know which one I missed on.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOHOX69
A friend of ours won the "lottery" to buy a Cybertruck then sold it at a $15K markup. I think he got lucky, because the value of those things is going to plummet before the end of the year.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Was there a range extender in the 2019 announcement? Was it included in the $60k price? You were puffing your chest about 331 miles, until you realized that still massively underachieved the original claims. Btw, the estimated 470 mile range is for the dual motor model. Tri motor is est at 440 miles. Extender is forecasted to cost $16k, and take up 1/3 of the truck bed. Again, I’m sure it was part of the $60k roll up.

You can just say, “LBoogie28, I don’t understand numbers, all this is above my pay grade,” and GTFO. Sound familiar?

Also, revisit the post you quoted for that recent tweet, and let me know which one I missed on.

No, just pointing out range exceeds stated range of the actual product. Two different things. Conflate them if you must desperately try to make a point.

No, just pointing out range exceeds stated range of the actual product. Two different things. Conflate them if you must desperately try to make a point.

No, you thought you were showing that Elon didn’t oversell the cybertruck’s range…otherwise why quote me and “lol” it? Be honest…mostly with yourself.

Also, people have been “hyper-miling” their teslas for years. Again, nothing new. Range depends on how it’s being driven. I have already provided an instance where a user got 85 miles out of a full charge.

Reactions: GOHOX69
No, you thought you were showing that Elon didn’t oversell the cybertruck’s range…otherwise why quote me and “lol” it? Be honest…mostly with yourself.

Also, people have been “hyper-miling” their teslas for years. Again, nothing new. Range depends on how it’s being driven. I have already provided an instance where a user got 85 miles out of a full charge.

These are the kinds of things you learn when you don’t listen to idiot stick hater sources like Matt freaking Farrah. Hater loser idiot.

I've personally spoken to hundreds of Cybertruck owners. Roughly 90% of them own the dual-motor AWD trim. Outside of price, they are generally very happy with the product. Here are some specs in the 2024 AWD trim vs what was told to us at the 2019 unveil:

Range
2019: 300+ miles
2024: 340 miles

Towing
2019: 10,000 lbs
2024: 11,000 lbs

0-60mph time
2019: 4.5s
2024: 4.1s

Payload
2019: 3,500 lbs
2024: 2,500 lbs

Price
2019: $50k
2024: $100k ($80k for non-Foundation, $72.5K including Fed tax credit)

Ground clearance
2019: 16"
2024: 17.4"

Here are some things that nobody knew in 2019 that the Cybertruck would end up having:
• 4680 structural pack
• 48-volt electrical system
• Steer by wire
• Pressured battery feature for driving through water (Wade Mode)
• PowerShare (charge another Tesla/power your home)
• Powered frunk
• Home Energy/Virtual Power Plant integration
• Front bumper camera with integrated washer
• Rear screen for passengers

For the trim that most people want and are buying (Dual-Motor AWD), Tesla mostly delivered on what they said they would, and then some. The price is currently very high, but it will obviously come down over time as demand and supply balances out.

These are the kinds of things you learn when you don’t listen to idiot stick hater sources like Matt freaking Farrah. Hater loser idiot.

I've personally spoken to hundreds of Cybertruck owners. Roughly 90% of them own the dual-motor AWD trim. Outside of price, they are generally very happy with the product. Here are some specs in the 2024 AWD trim vs what was told to us at the 2019 unveil:

Range
2019: 300+ miles
2024: 340 miles

Towing
2019: 10,000 lbs
2024: 11,000 lbs

0-60mph time
2019: 4.5s
2024: 4.1s

Payload
2019: 3,500 lbs
2024: 2,500 lbs

Price
2019: $50k
2024: $100k ($80k for non-Foundation, $72.5K including Fed tax credit)

Ground clearance
2019: 16"
2024: 17.4"

Here are some things that nobody knew in 2019 that the Cybertruck would end up having:
• 4680 structural pack
• Steer by wire
• Powered frunk

For the trim that most people want and are buying (Dual-Motor AWD), Tesla mostly delivered on what they said they would, and then some. The price is currently very high, but it will obviously come down over time as demand and supply balances out.

So you have accepted utter defeat on the tri motor model, and have shifted to the dual motor, awd model (which I provided a link to in with the verge article as well). So with a 60% price hike, you get an estimated 40 more miles, 1000 lbs in towing, 1000 lbs less in payload, and a .4 s faster 0-60 time…all while being delivered 2 years late. Looks like that marginally improved (and lowered), spec came a cost…literally. Wonder what $50k would have got you?

I haven’t kept score though…is Elon/Tesla ahead or behind on their original specs? Let’s dumb it down to the holy trinity of cost, schedule, and performance. How do
You have it scored for the tri and dual motor?

Also…still no comment on the built quality shown in that video?

So you have accepted utter defeat on the tri motor model, and have shifted to the dual motor, awd model (which I provided a link to in with the verge article as well). So with a 60% price hike, you get an estimated 40 more miles, 1000 lbs in towing, 1000 lbs less in payload, and a .4 s faster 0-60 time…all while being delivered 2 years late. Looks like that marginally improved (and lowered), spec came a cost…literally. Wonder what $50k would have got you?

I haven’t kept score though…is Elon/Tesla ahead or behind on their original specs? Let’s dumb it down to the holy trinity of cost, schedule, and performance. How do
You have it scored for the tri and dual motor?

Also…still no comment on the built quality shown in that video?

You missed some things again.

• 4680 structural pack
• Steer by wire
• Powered frunk

Ps. the Verge is trash.

• Haha
Reactions: LBoogie28

• 4680 structural pack
• Steer by wire
• Powered frunk

Ps. the Verge is trash.

Keep deflecting, avoiding, moving goal posts, and changing the subject. Go back to my post you keep quoting and point out where I am wrong? Actually, use any post in this thread. Feel free to directly answer any of the questions I have asked along the way. Good luck!

PS…was anything inaccurate from the tables provided by the verge article?

Saw my first one today and it was not as odd as I thought it would be. Still, would not buy one.
I've seen hundreds at the plant daily, and have seen them shipping out on semi trucks, out for delivery. the plant is right by my house. I am getting used to them. at first it looked like a cheap knock off of a delorean back to the future hot wheels car.

• 4680 structural pack
• Steer by wire
• Powered frunk

Ps. the Verge is trash.

Are you for evolution of all EVs because you care about the environment and believe they’re a game changer?

Or do you only for Musk created EVs?

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT