ADVERTISEMENT

Cybertruck

Are you for evolution of all EVs because you care about the environment and believe they’re a game changer?

Or do you only for Musk created EVs?

Post in thread 'The Tesla Semi is Dead!'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-tesla-semi-is-dead.407042/post-10745277

Post in thread '11/30 Update - Cybertruck Delivery Event (Link)'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...ruck-delivery-event-link.422245/post-11698474

Post in thread 'Twitter ‘will need to be extremely hardcore,’ Musk says, telling staff to sign pledge or leave'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...-to-sign-pledge-or-leave.405939/post-11219569

Saw my first one today and it was not as odd as I thought it would be. Still, would not buy one.

Take one for a test drive some time. Would be curious your thoughts on handling & steering. Steer by wire is new tech.

As an aside, I saw one for the first time in Cedar Rapids the other day. Unlike anything else on the road.

A friend of ours won the "lottery" to buy a Cybertruck then sold it at a $15K markup. I think he got lucky, because the value of those things is going to plummet before the end of the year.

As his friend, you should remind him that he has to report that as a capital gain on his taxes.

You can’t wash it in sunlight or take it through a car wash. Also, it rusts. So goddamned stupid.
I took a picture.. it already looks ****ed up

Snapchat-206490850.jpg

Say what you want, but the list of the top 10 cars that are made in America. The Big 3 aren't on the list. Tesla is top 4. And the #1 truck.....

That doesn't change the valid comments on the style tho.

Say what you want, but the list of the top 10 cars that are made in America. The Big 3 aren't on the list. Tesla is top 4. And the #1 truck.....

That doesn't change the valid comments on the style tho.

This has nothing to do with quality though, right? Just that they were made in America more than the others. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

You’re comparing the oxidation on the rear of brand new truck to the front end of a 10+ year old car with clear paint chipping.

My brother in Christ…

Nope. It is a contaminant. Wiped off. The metal itself is not oxidizing. A contaminant on the surface was oxidizing. Can you really not understand the difference?

Have you not learned anything from observing media outlet whoring for clicks and ad dollars?

Yup, I saw one in Cedar Falls 2 weekends ago. Ugly as ****.

I'm pretty sure Cybertruck drivers are the same folks that were driving Hummers back in the early 2000's. They think it's cool, but most people just laugh and continue on.
They have tiny to no pee pee, much like our resident e lunatic fan-atic.

Reactions: McLovin32
Doesn't everyone use Bar Keepers Friend on their cars? I think the McClaren manual calls for that, as does Bugatti.
I’m just dumb and don’t understand that surface contaminants (manufacturing defects) do in fact lead to rust spots.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
This has nothing to do with quality though, right? Just that they were made in America more than the others. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

There are 2 possible definitions.... 1) Design issues the end user are experiencing vs 2) Manufacturing issues that are due to fat American fingers with low standards of tolerance. Either cause could be attributed here and I HOPE is doesn't create an image of "Made in the USA" is a negative stereotype.

I would submit some issues are in 1 vs the other bucket and possibly both. But when you say "quality" how are you defining it? Regardless, IMO, either would be a bad thing tho. This topic also happens to be a lightning rod for the haters to dance around.

I’m just dumb and don’t understand that surface contaminants (manufacturing defects) do in fact lead to rust spots.
A friend of mine had purchased a Honda Ridgeline from the dealership that ended up with rust spots like this.
Turned out to be an issue with hot brake dust from train transport. Dealership paid for someone to detail it with a clay bar to get the brake dust off the car. It was white, so they showed up like freckles.

There are 2 possible definitions.... 1) Design issues the end user are experiencing vs 2) Manufacturing issues that are due to fat American fingers with low standards of tolerance. Either cause could be attributed here and I HOPE is doesn't create an image of "Made in the USA" is a negative stereotype.

I would submit some issues are in 1 vs the other bucket and possibly both. But when you say "quality" how are you defining it? Regardless, IMO, either would be a bad thing tho. This topic also happens to be a lightning rod for the haters to dance around.
I have no idea what you're talking about and don't even understand the rankings. I'm also off to have a couple cold ones haha.

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
I have no idea what you're talking about and don't even understand the rankings. I'm also off to have a couple cold ones haha.

Fair, I went down a tangent. Those rankings are "what vehicle is most American" based on multiple factors. I was working backwards from the "quality" part of your question because of the "Made in America" position compared to the "look at all the Tesla issues". Was the "made in America" the issue or are they having issues due to design flaws.

A friend of mine had purchased a Honda Ridgeline from the dealership that ended up with rust spots like this.
Turned out to be an issue with hot brake dust from train transport. Dealership paid for someone to detail it with a clay bar to get the brake dust off the car. It was white, so they showed up like freckles.
On exposed metal?

• Wow
Reactions: BelemNole

This is what a majority of Cybertruck related rust looking spots have turned out to be.

Some trucks get delivered by train and get contaminants from being staged nearby after unloading.

Wipe it off. Move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT