ADVERTISEMENT

Cybertruck

He didn't remove the A pillar. That's the what the trim was connected to.

With that huge ass pry bar I could remove all the trim from any car.

This guy used a screwdriver to take the trim off a Honda Element's A pillar.

Obvious takeaway is that Honda makes trash cars, right?

1. Your own video shows him using a tool and having to walk that tool down the entire panel. Not peeling it off by hand.

2. You asked if a pry bar could be used remove trim from my truck…which is still a “no,” as it doesn’t have similar “trim.”

Out of curiosity, how many Honda vehicles have you seen with trim flapping in the wind while driving? Have you looked at your own vehicle’s construction?

Last edited:
1. Your own video shows him using a tool and having to walk that tool down the entire panel. Not peeling it off by hand.

Because he's trying to not break it because it's plastic.
The guy in the other video is encumbered by no such compunction.

2. You asked if a pry bar could be used remove trim from my truck…which is still a “no,” as it doesn’t have similar “trim.”

What is your truck?

Out of curiosity, how many Honda vehicles have you seen with trim flapping in the wind while driving?
I never confuse my personal experience with the sum total of reality.

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/rear-flapping-noise.13790/

Rear flapping noise​

Has anyone encountered this noise as well? It sounds like something loose is flapping in the rear of the truck at highway speeds. It can get very loud at times. There is nothing in the bed or the trunk other than the spare. Thanks for any help.

-----

Check your rear roof trim. This one-piece component may develop weak plastic clips on the forward section and prop up where it can get caught up in the wind on highway speeds. The fix is to replace these plastic clips or clip receptacles with newer units.

Because he's trying to not break it because it's plastic.
The guy in the other video is encumbered by no such compunction.

What is your truck?

I never confuse my personal experience with the sum total of reality.

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/rear-flapping-noise.13790/

Rear flapping noise​

Has anyone encountered this noise as well? It sounds like something loose is flapping in the rear of the truck at highway speeds. It can get very loud at times. There is nothing in the bed or the trunk other than the spare. Thanks for any help.

-----

Check your rear roof trim. This one-piece component may develop weak plastic clips on the forward section and prop up where it can get caught up in the wind on highway speeds. The fix is to replace these plastic clips or clip receptacles with newer units.
You’re right, he is worried about damaging a plastic part he is replacing. It’s not that he can’t get good leverage, and the piece is fixed to the vehicle better than the trim on the cybertruck. Regardless, I don’t drive an Element and haven’t promoted it as the benchmark for design/production.

Pick most trucks…look at an accord (sticking with Honda). 4Runner doesn’t have this issue.

Rear roof noise from loose trim (not on the a pillar) = large a pillar trim peeling off the cybertruck? 😂

I’m not confusing my experience with the sum total of reality. You asked a question, directed at a specific vehicle (someone’s truck). I answered it that way. Why won’t you investigate your own? Fairly simple to do.

Let’s also not conflate any and all trim on vehicles with what was shown in the cybertruck video.

Last edited:
You’re right, he is worried about damaging a plastic part he is replacing. It’s not that he can’t get good leverage, and the piece is fixed to the vehicle better than the trim on the cybertruck. Regardless, I don’t drive an Element and haven’t promoted it as the benchmark for design/production.

Pick most trucks…look at an accord (sticking with Honda). 4Runner doesn’t have this issue.

Rear roof noise from loose trim (not on the a pillar) = large a pillar trim peeling off the cybertruck? 😂

I’m not confusing my experience with the sum total of reality. You asked a question, directed at a specific vehicle (someone’s truck). I answered it that way. Why won’t you investigate your own? Fairly simple to do.

Let’s also not conflate any and all trim on vehicles with what was shown in the cybertruck video.
What is your truck?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT